Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Ok random thought about Snoke. I'm assuming that maybe Snoke was someone Palpatine sent out into the Unknown Regions as a contingency plan. Either that or he was already out there doing the Emperor's bidding in that region. So that means that, unless Disney/Lucasfilm just made something up against canon, Snoke can't be that powerful of a Force user. If he was more powerful than Vader or Luke, he would have replaced Vader. So this guy must be on a power scale that is less than Luke or Vader. Then you have to wonder why he is Kylo's master, because I would also assume any descendant of Luke or Leia would be pretty powerful Force users. That is unless he is a complete unknown who just took over, which doesn't make sense.

Ok random thought about Snoke. I'm assuming that maybe Snoke was someone Palpatine sent out into the Unknown Regions as a contingency plan. Either that or he was already out there doing the Emperor's bidding in that region. So that means that, unless Disney/Lucasfilm just made something up against canon, Snoke can't be that powerful of a Force user. If he was more powerful than Vader or Luke, he would have replaced Vader. So this guy must be on a power scale that is less than Luke or Vader. Then you have to wonder why he is Kylo's master, because I would also assume any descendant of Luke or Leia would be pretty powerful Force users. That is unless he is a complete unknown who just took over, which doesn't make sense.
Well what if Snoke was actually someone ancient and powerful who was locked up or imprisoned in the Unknown Regions for a very long time. Palps learned about him and his contingency plan was to send his loyal henchmen there to liberate and recruit him. I don't know what others think but I feel Snoke looks a lot less "damaged" in the snippets of TLJ we've seen, as opposed to TFA, as if he was slowly "healing up" over time or something. I'm in the camp of those who say Snoke is an "ancient evil". I get a "mummy" vibe from him.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well what if Snoke was actually someone ancient and powerful who was locked up or imprisoned in the Unknown Regions for a very long time. Palps learned about him and his contingency plan was to send his loyal henchmen there to liberate and recruit him. I don't know what others think but I feel Snoke looks a lot less "damaged" in the snippets of TLJ we've seen, as opposed to TFA, as if he was slowly "healing up" over time or something. I'm in the camp of those who say Snoke is an "ancient evil". I get a "mummy" vibe from him.

Yes, saw this theory on YouTube, if this turns out to be true,....the video contains spoilers:

J

Last edited by a moderator:
New image of Holdo...

Let's hope that this is just bad lighting and not what it appears to be, namely, the most poorly-composited shot of someone superimposed on a background that I've seen outside of a FMV video on a CD-ROM game from 1994.

M

Thats pretty bold, especially if it turns out that it's not superimposed, CGI or any other trickery.
I don't get why (almost)everyone is purposely looking for things to pick apart.
It seems that every scene is botched somehow.
CGI chewies, superimposed backgrounds....
Its like TFA all over again, with people crying that the deathstar is gonna have Mouse ears or the Stormtroopers looking like Donald Duck.
This place cracks me up.

Anywho, does that appear to be another BB-8 type mech on the left of the picture?
Any other info on him?
Robert

Let me add this to the discussion.
Was in Walgreens earlier tonight.
Found some talking character candy dispensers.
They had some interesting phrases.
image.jpeg

Luke-
"what do you know about the force"
"how did you find me"
"I will teach you the ways of the Jedi"
"impressive"

Rey-
"keep at it"
"the galaxy may need a legend"
"we need your help"
(something I couldn't make out, but ended in her saying "....check my status ")

Kylo-
"don't fight it"
"you know you can't"
"together, we will destroy the resistance and the last Jedi"
Robert

Yes, this is more inline with what is set up in the Aftermath books, including Jakku being a part of that puzzle.

Yes, this is more inline with what is set up in the Aftermath books, including Jakku being a part of that puzzle.

I actually like that. If he was an unknown to Palpatine he could have just found the Imperial stuff there and took command. It would also be a good foe for Luke. As much as I want to see a bad*ss Luke cutting through swaths of Stormtroopers, this would be more challenging.

How do you imprison a force user?

Count Dooku managed it. You could probably overpower a weaker Force user, put them in status somehow, and then lock them up. Then if you go back to the old Knights of the Old Republic games/comics, certain Jedi could temporarily or permanently block a Jedi or Sith's Force abilities.

Yes, worked great in ESB. ;) It could work, but only if the person was knocked out or totally subdued. Then again we don't know how long you could survive in there.

I'd have to imagine if he is ancient, that it would have to be some kind of stasis. Or they did the same kind of thing that was done to Exar Kun.

I always thought ESB implied you don't carbon freeze people, they didn't know it would work, yet the EU made it seem like an every day experience. If Solo could die from the carbonite process in 'present day SW' then back in what would be considered ancient, i'd imagine it didn't work on people at all

Lando's quote: Lord Vader, we only use this facility for carbon freezing. If you put him in there, it might kill him

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back