Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Star Wars isn't about falling from grace (well, it wasn't until those damned prequels...).
Rey is a hero to little girls all around the world who would be crushed if she turns evil.
Do you really expect Disney to break the hearts of a billion little girls?
She'll have to wrestle with her emotions just like Luke did, I'm sure.
She'll be filled with hatred, she'll act out of anger, and she'll remember that that's the path to the dark side and she'll check herself.
one can only hope! :lol

Star Wars isn't about falling from grace (well, it wasn't until those damned prequels...).
Rey is a hero to little girls all around the world who would be crushed if she turns evil.
Do you really expect Disney to break the hearts of a billion little girls?
She'll have to wrestle with her emotions just like Luke did, I'm sure.
She'll be filled with hatred, she'll act out of anger, and she'll remember that that's the path to the dark side and she'll check herself.

- You're right, the OT is about Luke seeking to do the right thing and save his father from the darkside-I.E, Anakin's redemption. Though, to ignore the prequels just because one doesn't like it does not negate the story or the perspective of Anakin's rise and fall.

- I'm sure Disney is still trying to push this with Jynn Erso, despite her being turned into "star dust"

- That's highly subjective and unfortunately extends beyond the films if you've spent a better part of your life going to Disney World routinely.

- Sure, if we wanted a movie where characters were void of all human emotion, I'd just go watch the Twilight series while I systematically stab my eyeballs out with ice picks.

That's an awfully definitive statement, have you seen the movie?

I live in a world of probability and anticipating the most likely outcome. Killing Jyn was a very bold move and fit well with the narrative of that standalone film. It made sense. It also ended Jyn's potential story line although she has made appearances in Forces of Destiny and as a doll supporting that series. But her use will likely diminish over time. Rey is our new Luke and provides a strong lead character to move forward into potentially more films beyond IX. I haven't seen the film but I can make a call with conviction on an outcome I see coming. I adore Rey, she certainly needs to have struggles and challenges but being killed by Kylo would be a huge waste. And selling a Kylo redemption story where he emerges the hero would entirely alienate the younger audience, they won't get it.

Last edited:
So this may be somewhat outlandish... but what if snoke was a colleague of Luke's in starting the new Jedi academy. He wanted to teach both the light and dark sides of the force, whereas like only wanted to teach the light. So snoke starts tutoring Ben, and somehow or another he unleashes the "raw power" destroying the academy (and snokes face).

The silly new AT-ATs are killing it for me. Those are not Star Wars. More like Transformers.

It looks like there's a "normal" ATAT in the back ground... these are like super-ATATs. But yeah... I don't like the gorilla-paw feet thing. I'm guessing they have a purpose. The back feet are "normal". I have a feeling, since they're walking toward a cliff/mountains that those front paws are going to allow these to traverse up the hill.

Did anyone notice the opening shot and what is 2 familiar designs in the hanger that Kylo is overlooking. I zoomed in and was quite surprised. I don't want to post pics and spoil it for those that don't want it but yeah check em out. Ben

I didn't notice until you said it. Pretty neat. Always wondered how those things were deployed.

More snowtroopers. That's all that matters to me here. Snowtroopers are now the 3rd most re-occuring trooper class across the star wars films, behind stormtroopers and Pilots.

Didn't know they were called Cold assault stormtrooper until I looked this up.

The scout troopers has been pretty busy too. I always like that design the most.

Im sorry but I still think the porgs are dumb.

They just couldn't resist tossing in a cute and cuddly creature for Disney merch stands. The penguin Ewok Pokémon. Good job. I guess it could have been worse.
View attachment 765109

I'm not one to get all squishy inside about cutesy-wootsy crap, but I am SO on the porg bandwagon. I love that Chewie has a dorky little sidekick.

Yeah... what a great replacement for Han Solo. :/

That trailer was freaking intense! This movie is gonna have me on the edge of my seat!

BTW, the lightsaber shot in the trailer looked a lot better. So I guess my whining yesterday is moot.
fmN15NL.jpg

But we are discussing the Saga films. Rey isn't going to become the villain and then killed by a redeemed Kylo.

I've got news for you; They made a movie called "Rogue One" where all the main characters died at the end to include a "strong female lead" and didn't include a Skywalker as a primary antagonist.

I'd like to think they have this entire trilogy written and mapped out, but I kind of doubt it. So there may already be things aid in TFA that will conflict with TLJ.

Look at how many continuity errors exist in pretty much every movie. Not even counting the brother sister kiss. And how many sloppy retcons did they have to plug in after the fact.

00:31 seconds into the behind the scenes featurette Daisy Ridley says "Ryan has written a story that's unexpected..."
00:43 Mark Hamill says "Even though I think I know it all they throw things at me storywise I never could have imagined..."
There are several more statements like that as well.
That could mean a lot of things... to include Rey going Dark.

This making of video shows a lot more scenes that aren't in the trailer as well, like Rey fighting multiple people with lightsabers.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is Snoke giving Kylo a new lightsaber, even though its nearly identical. It's odd that it looks cleanly painted black now, no wear and tear as before.

Yeah, I wonder if that means he isn't up to "Jedi level" skillset-wise? Remember how impressed Darth Vader was when he saw that Luke had made his own lightsaber?! Kylo may be able to Force Grab a blaster bolt, but if he can't make his own lightsaber... his training is clearly not complete!

So this may be somewhat outlandish... but what if Snoke was a colleague of Luke's in starting the new Jedi academy. He wanted to teach both the light and dark sides of the force, whereas like only wanted to teach the light. So Snoke starts tutoring Ben, and somehow or another he unleashes the "raw power" destroying the academy (and snokes face).

I like it! Further, it links the transformation of the Emperor(the guy who was responsible for the last time Luke saw "The Power of the Dark Side") from old dude to disfigured dude, to Snoke looking not so messed up (in a flashback maybe) and then as he was overextending his use of the Dark Side and Luke getting to see it taking out its consequences on Snoke's face first hand!

Didn't know they were called Cold assault stormtrooper until I looked this

Don't put much effort into reading the Wiki page. Someone decided to go full stupid and completely screwed up the snowtrooper wiki page between the ESB and First Order one. It was accurate and full of proper information before hand and idk when the stupid guy went in and filled it with stupid.

I've thought about going in a fixing it but I can't prevent said stupid idiot from going back in and splerging his foul intellectual understanding of Snowtroopers all over it again.

I'd like to think they have this entire trilogy written and mapped out, but I kind of doubt it. So there may already be things aid in TFA that will conflict with TLJ.

Look at how many continuity errors exist in pretty much every movie. Not even counting the brother sister kiss. And how many sloppy retcons did they have to plug in after the fact.

00:31 seconds into the behind the scenes featurette Daisy Ridley says "Ryan has written a story that's unexpected..."
00:43 Mark Hamill says "Even though I think I know it all they throw things at me storywise I never could have imagined..."
There are several more statements like that as well.
That could mean a lot of things... to include Rey going Dark.

This making of video shows a lot more scenes that aren't in the trailer as well, like Rey fighting multiple people with lightsabers.

I don't think there's a scenario where she ends up evil on a permanent basis, but it'd be a great plot twist.

TFA - we meet the new kid, we all like her, and she seems to be the new hero.
TFA - we meed the new bad guy, kylo, who is a skywalker who went bad when training with luke...from what we know anyhow.
TLJ - we continue with Rey as our hero only to have her turn in the end to be the new bad guy
TLJ - Kylo realizes the error of his ways and comes back at the end to be redeemed,
leaving, E9 to be the team up of Luke/Kylo to fight Snoke/Rey for all the marbles.

Would be a very cool story, spins TFA in a new light, and still leaves multiple possibilities for 9.

I don't think there's a scenario where she ends up evil on a permanent basis, but it'd be a great plot twist.

TFA - we meet the new kid, we all like her, and she seems to be the new hero.
TFA - we meed the new bad guy, kylo, who is a skywalker who went bad when training with luke...from what we know anyhow.
TLJ - we continue with Rey as our hero only to have her turn in the end to be the new bad guy
TLJ - Kylo realizes the error of his ways and comes back at the end to be redeemed,
leaving, E9 to be the team up of Luke/Kylo to fight Snoke/Rey for all the marbles.

Would be a very cool story, spins TFA in a new light, and still leaves multiple possibilities for 9.

The scene where Rey puts the beatdown on Kylo in TFA, reminded me of when Luke let loose on Vader at the end of RotF.

Throughout the fight, she's holding her own against a person trained by a Jedi (not sure if he's considered a Jedi, Sith, or still a trainee). She has no background training (that we know of). When Kylo mentions her needing a teacher and the Force, it's almost like a sleeper trigger word, and then she goes into full throttle, and the look on her face is like a mix of rage and satisfaction. After she beats him she snaps out of it.

Also, remember how easily she knew how to fly the Falcon too?

I'm forming my own opinion, that she's not natural... but that's she's a prodigy and that maybe Snoke or someone else taught her, but then she either had an accident that caused amnesia or someone did some force mind tricking on her that blocked the memories of her past. The scene with Snoke is actually him trying to break that memory block.

Thinking maybe she's like a Sith Manchurian Candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back