Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

So any predictions of what will happen in this film?

Mine: (some are based on so called unconfirmed spoilers or speculation), but I feel are plausible.

-Luke will use his green lightsaber.
-Phasma will loose a limb.
-The Knights Of Ren will all be dispatched with the exception of Kylo Ren.
-Rey is a Skywalker.
-Luke will turn to the dark side, even if only briefly.

So any predictions of what will happen in this film?

Mine: (some are based on so called unconfirmed spoilers or speculation), but I feel are plausible.

-Luke will use his green lightsaber.
-Phasma will loose a limb.
-The Knights Of Ren will all be dispatched with the exception of Kylo Ren.
-Rey is a Skywalker.
-Luke will turn to the dark side, even if only briefly.

All possible...except Rey being a Skywalker, I don't think she is.

My feeling about Luke are that since they talk about the old ways that he is now open minded to both the Light n Dark which is the balance , not Jedi not Sith but both whereas he can fight with anger and with faith which in turn makes you stronger... Think, if you always are angry you fight to the first if you fight with logic you fight and maybe run away for another day but if you have both you are Unpredictable in every way which also make you stronger and more Dangerous! You Think?

Predictions:

Kylo mopes.
Artoo beeps.
BB8 rolls.
X-Wings fly.
Things go boom in space.
...and on the ground.
Luke doesn't get a haircut.
...Chewie does.
Porgs end up being these bloodsucking vicious creatures.
Joseph Gordon Levitt is revealed as emo Kylo's hipster half-brother.

any word on the williams score? i suppose i could try and google it.

nevermind. i see they recorded some of it back in februrary and some more at the end of May.

Last edited:
Rey's accent still suggests to me that she's a Kenobi. Padme's death was faked, she fell madly in love with Obi-Wan after he saved her, they had Rey late in life, it was a risky and difficult pregnancy and this time she really did die giving birth to Rey. Since Obi-Wan and Padme were living in hiding and his primary concern was making certain Luke stayed safe, he had to send Rey off to another desolate planet where he knew she'd be out of Vader's reach. If she never developed her Force Powers, she'd live unnoticed by Vader and the Emperor.

If Rey turns out to be Luke's daughter, as I hope she is, I think that gives credence to the Skywalker GRAFLEX calling out to her on Takodana and for it resisting Kylo Ren and coming to her when she called it out of the snow on Starkiller Base.

I think his shock at seeing Rey will be more centered around her having found his old lightsaber. As he realizes who she is, he decides to withhold the "I am your Father Speech" and tries to push her away in hopes that she will abandoned her quest to learn more about the Force in order for her to disappear back into obscurity and relative safety. Especially after he sees how strong she is.

If however, Rey turns out to be another Force Birth the way Anakin was, I will be wildly disappointed.

If Rey turns out to be Luke's daughter, as I hope she is, I think that gives credence to the Skywalker GRAFLEX calling out to her on Takodana and for it resisting Kylo Ren and coming to her when she called it out of the snow on Starkiller Base..

I just don't see any of that indicating her heritage as a Skywalker. First, there's no indication Luke had a similar reaction when first reunited with it in Kenobi's hut, nor of Leia having such a reaction to it (admittedly, there's no proof she ever touched it.) As far as the " resisting Kylo Ren and coming to her" - KYLO is just as much as Skywalker as Rey might be (on of his parents was a Skywalker too - hence his statement "that belongs to me"), so saying it "prefers" Rey based on her being a Skywalker doesn't really work or support claims that she is a Skywalker.

I actually think that "saber in the snow" thing was meant - both visually and story-wise - to just be another version of the Excalibur story. Like Excalibur, the saber would only "go" to the "chosen one" and no other. But even then, that's a bit weak, because others have handled the saber (Han, Finn). So ultimately I think it just reflected the struggle between Kylo and Rey's (unknowing) greater power. Whether aware of it or not, she was able to overcome Kylo's attempts to get the saber and, further, retrieve it for herself.

I agree with Bryan - she's just a "super Force user", but not necessarily through lineage to Luke.

M

Hey @ mkstewartesq ! I never said that the Skywalker GRAFLEX resisted Kylo Ren because he wasn't a Skywalker descendant. I was implying that Rey, as a Skywalker, was able to call upon the lightsaber because she too had a claim to it. It came to her over Kylo because Kylo has succumbed to the Dark Side, and it's had enough of being wielded by a Dark Side user (Anakin).

Now, even if she isn't a Skywalker, I believe it went to Rey because she is a Light Side Force user and Kylo is a Dark Side Force user.

Other people have been able to use the lightsaber because it has a big red button on it for non-Force users to activate it. Remember too that Darth Vader ignighted Luke's ROTJ lightsaber, so you don't have to be a goodguy to ignite a goodguy's lightsaber, you just have to know where the power button is. ;)

The saber in the snow scene on Starkiller Base was perhaps a bit more "Sword in the Stone" than the original scene in ESB as far as to who was going to win the tug-of-war with it, but I don't think it was too much more than showing that Rey was beginning to use her powers. Much the same way Luke was there on Hoth.

It also could simply be a tug-of-war scenario where Rey was the victor and the lightsaber didn't have any say in the matter. Rey was more powerful than Kylo in this situation. As she was in the torture chair scene earlier in the film.

Ultimately, Star Wars is a story devoted to the Skywalker family story. It makes perfect sense that if Rey is to be the hero in the coming movies, that she would be a Skywalker.

Now, even if she isn't a Skywalker, I believe it went to Rey because she is a Light Side Force user and Kylo is a Dark Side Force user.

Understood, and thanks. But let's also recall that that very same lightsaber killed Jedi younglings and many others in ROTS in the service of Darth Vader. So I don't think the saber has any particular allegiance to the Light Side or the Dark Side.

In fact, I believe the twist may be the LIGHTSABER was the REAL villain this whole time. :lol

M

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back