Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Holdo very well may have been part of the New Republic political system and somehow survived the destruction of Hosnian Prime and has arrived on Leia’s ship immediately post that event. Remember this film takes place immediately after the events of TFA. That dress is probably what she was wearing a day or two before and she has lost her personal belongings.

I didn't know is starts right after TFA, so that would make sense if she had to hurriedly get her fleet deployed.

That's interesting. It would be a major bummer if they didn't get any scenes together. Also if they do kill off Leia in this, I can't see a better reason for a p*ssed, but calm, Luke coming out of retirement!

Also if they do kill off Leia in this, I can't see a better reason for a p*ssed, but calm, Luke coming out of retirement!

I was thinking the same thing! If that doesn't snap Luke out of his funk, then nothing will. I would guess that they would write Leia out of this film, but it's possible they could use extra footage and handle that in Ep9. I like the death that the first trailer seemed to imply, although it is probably misdirection. Just personally for me, if it happened that way, I'm ok with that.

They already said Leia was originally to be in the next film EPISODE 9 more. They also said they did not change anything because of Carrie's death. So don't expect her death. And it's not their fault for not knowing Carrie was going to pass if they were saving the reunion for EP9. But my gut feeling right now is that Luke and Leia reunite in TLJ.

Last edited:
They already said Leia was originally to be in the next film EPISODE 9 more. They also said they did not change anything because of Carrie's death. So don't expect her death. And it's not their fault for not knowing Carrie was going to pass if they were saving the reunion for EP9. But my gut feeling right now is that Luke and Leia reunite in TLJ.

They said it was going to basically feature here (she had a really big part) in IX. This wasn't going to change the overall story but it did take extensive re-writing to edit her out and explain her absence (not guaranteed she dies I believe they said).

Now, there were no changes to VIII over her death - but ILM would have be kicking the snot out of themselves with furor if they didn't put Luke/Leia together in VIII. LFL and even George went through a bit to get them all on board and then to choke it off never having them all back on screen together, then botching it again with Luke/Leia would be rage inducing frankly.

Mon Mothma was a senator, not a part of the military. Women in Earth militaries are still required to wear uniforms. I'd rather they do that than try to make some kind of social statement on judging women by their appearance (as that article states). If I'm a soldier in battle, I want to immediately identify who the superior officer is. If I'm not familiar with this admiral and just run onto the bridge, I'm not looking to the woman in an evening gown.

Or maybe her look is an integral aspect of her character designed o shake up the Resistance leadership?

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/20/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo/

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3-weeks.jpg
    3-weeks.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 554
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back