Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

3CD0EE1C-0EAD-4683-B3F2-1E2865E97610.jpeg

*heavy breathing*

still haven’t watched! But passing this on.

Ok guys can someone quote my post and reply so I don’t watch get spoiled.

Should I watch this or does it reveal too much of the story?

Basically did they do exactly what they did for TFA? I am cool with that, I’m just afraid of a ep3 trailer all over again

All I keep seeing is Bryan’s post “holy bleep”

So it’s gotta be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the shots of Rey and Kylo at the end are from two different scenes. The shot of Kylo shows a bunch of flaming debris raining down, but I didn't see any at all in the shot of Rey.

The fight between Finn and Phasma looks like it's going to be amazing. The rest also looks pretty fantastic. I mean, trailers are supposed to make the movie look good, but I have pretty high hopes for this.

I hope this trailer was full of misdirect bc if it pans out the way the trailer is making it look, I will be disappointed. Looks from the trailer like Leia and Luke are going to bite it in this movie. Leia I'm ok with (because RIP Carrie Fisher) but Luke can not die before rediscovering who he is and was at the end of RotJ. If he dies practically cowering, albeit defiant, on Ahch-To as he's been all this time, I will lose it. On a more positive note, I get the distinct impression the tag was a mashup of 2 different scenes.

How many people/beings did Kylo kill in TFA? Wasn't it like 3 or 4 planets full of life? So... billions? Hope it's not some sort of redemptive arc - seems kinda hard to forgive with a body count that high...

O.K. Gang, wait, wait, wait, wait.

1. Kylo Ren's face is absent of the carbon fiber scar at the end of the Trailer in the scene with Rey!

2. What if Luke refering to "This is not going to go the way you think" was in a flashback scene from before the fall of The New Jedi Order and he was talking to Kylo or Snoke right before he went all SUPER JEDI and accidentally blew up the Academy himself.

3. And that's what he was talking about "I've seen this raw strength only once before. It didn't scare me enough then, it does now." was really him talking about himself losing control of his powers!

Not quite understanding the spoiler worry. They're telling a story. Nothing is known beyond this point. Let them tell the story? You can't be annoyed by the way something looks like it might (not confirmed) go? Nothing in the trailer seemed to be a definitive "this is definitely that" thing.

How many people/beings did Kylo kill in TFA? Wasn't it like 3 or 4 planets full of life? So... billions? Hope it's not some sort of redemptive arc - seems kinda hard to forgive with a body count that high...

It might be, what with his dialogue in the trailer. And it may just be me, but it looks like his tie fighter is flying WITH the resistance rather than chasing after it

I think that's a bit ridiculous to think that the Chewie roar is CG? I'd imagine that it's practical just like the suit.

They've given away SOOOO MUCH PLOT: The Porgs definitely become a factor. The Porg becomes the new captain of the millennium falcon!!!

2. What if Luke refering to "This is not going to go the way you think" was in a flashback scene from before the fall of The New Jedi Order and he was talking to Kylo or Snoke right before he went all SUPER JEDI and accidentally blew up the Academy himself.
You had me until "accidentally blew up the academy himself."

The Chewie roar was disappointing, looked terrible, was that CGI, if so, why? I like the conflict in Kylo, but I really don't want him to be redeemed after all those he killed including his father. Reminds me when I took my kids to see How To Train Your Dragon 2 and..................spoiler alert................Toothless kills Hicups Dad but all is forgiven because, you know, he was under another's influence. But we saw that with Vader in ROTJ I guess.........

I hope that when Luke says "this isn't going to go the way you think", it's to Kylo before opening up a can of Jedi whoop-ass. I could do away with the shimmering silver crystallized foxes, a bit too fantastical (and yes, it's not lost on me Star Wars is a fantasy). Felt out of place, like it belonged in LOTR.

No way Rey ever turns to the dark side, she may be tempted and might struggle, but Disney has turned her into a role model for little girls everywhere, no way that happens.

Looking forward to this though............glad I checked the theater website early before the game started, got primo seats dead center in the theater for the Thursday first showing!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back