Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

From interviews, they've all but set up Kylo's redemption. They said he is kind of playing a part as a villain, rather than what he really is. To me that says he's just being Kylo and his heart might not be in it. He *thinks* killing his dad will finally make him evil, but it might not.

Ah but in the same way the Dark Side can overtake you, I think the light can do the same... and it's pretty clear that Kylo has issues with the light side pulling him away from the dark side. So like said above, I think Kylo hoped that light side would shuttup, but it didn't.

And once he realizes Snoke is more interested in Rey, and starts thinking his father was right, you start the redemption.

He'll never be fully accepted... and he'll probably die in a sacrifice, but as a Skywalker and Rey as a Kenobi (heh) these two are the bound to spend a movie more "brother" and "sister"-ing up... give a nod to the dynamic of the prequels. Two Jedis together who are connected by blood to the two Jedis that started it all

Anyway I'm drunk and trying to make sense of my brain while drunk is not great times.

I'm gonna go watch Atlanta. It's great.

Hey it stars LANDO!

Man. Im flabbergasted when people say they arent excited for this movie, I feel bad for them. Im super stoked, cant wait. Hopefully there is a porg massacre and the one with chewie is the last one. One can hope!

Maybe they can at least give us a scene where Chewie starts up the Falcon and then cut to a bunch of Porg feathers shooting out the back of the engines. Then cut back to Chewie with his hand over his mouth making the "oops" face.

If I killed my Dad, just because I wanted to make sure I was evil, I'd probably be evil.

Exactly. That would literally be a dead giveaway!

I think killing a bunch of kids is substantially worse than killing your father - and they redeemed that guy in the end.

If Vader would have survived Luke would just bring him back and explain he's his father and he's back on the good side. Nah I don't see any problems.

I never quite bought that, even when I was a kid. His ghost never should have been standing with Obi Wan and Yoda.

Anakin fulfilled the prophecy, but yeah it should have an asterisk after that..

Vader would have stood trial, and if he was truly redeemed, accepted his fate.

Kylo, if he doesn't die in some glorious self sacrifice, or Rey just lets him run (like Dom in The Fast and the Furious), will have to submit to trial as well.

THAT CAN BE THE NEXT STAR WARS STORY! "I FEW GOOD JEDI"

"Did you Kill Han Solo?!"

"I did what I had to do - The light was callin-"

"DID YOU KILL HAN SOLO!?!?!"

"YOU'RE FORCEDAMN RIGHT I DID!"

I think some of you are confusing redemption with forgiveness. Vader redeemed himself by destroying Palpatine. Sure, he did bad things, murdering Jedi, younglings, ect. By destroying Palpatine, one could argue that he saved not only his son but the galaxy. The debt was paid. That is redemption. That doesn't mean that his sins are forgiven. That is up to each individual that Vader wronged in the past. Forgiveness is more of an individual thing. One person may choose to forgive Vader for past actions, another may not.

I think some of you are confusing redemption with forgiveness. Vader redeemed himself by destroying Palpatine. Sure, he did bad things, murdering Jedi, younglings, ect. By destroying Palpatine, one could argue that he saved not only his son but the galaxy. The debt was paid. That is redemption. That doesn't mean that his sins are forgiven. That is up to each individual that Vader wronged in the past. Forgiveness is more of an individual thing. One person may choose to forgive Vader for past actions, another may not.

& became a Force ghost for his son because he let go of his hate

He has not been forgiven by anyone

J

Always thought the look Yoda gave Anakin's Ghost was kind of a " what are you doing here " look.
Especially with the creepy look Mid age Anakin had on his face.

& became a Force ghost for his son because he let go of his hate

He has not been forgiven by anyone

J

I don't get the ghost being there, period. How'd he learn it? Palpatine didn't know (at least as far as we know in the ST). Qui Gon figured it out, told Yoda, who told Ben. Both of whom it took a while to learn. Meanwhile, Anakin picks it up on the fly?

I think the force ghost thing was another of GL's retcons. The way it was presented in ROTJ, it seemed to be an ability that all jedi had. At that point, all the jedi we had ever been introduced to were present as ghosts. It wasn't until the prequels that it was presented as something special that had to be learned, which makes Anikins ghost appearance in ROTJ confusing.

I don't get the ghost being there, period. How'd he learn it? Palpatine didn't know (at least as far as we know in the ST). Qui Gon figured it out, told Yoda, who told Ben. Both of whom it took a while to learn. Meanwhile, Anakin picks it up on the fly?

Anakin was the Chosen One and had the highest detected midichlorian count ever. My guess is that Obi Wan and Yoda had something to do with it once he was dying. They would most likely have been watching the whole Emperor/Vader/Luke encounter. With Anakin's power it would have probably been easier for him than anyone else to pull it off. I'm not that worried by that.

I think the force ghost thing was another of GL's retcons. The way it was presented in ROTJ, it seemed to be an ability that all jedi had. At that point, all the jedi we had ever been introduced to were present as ghosts. It wasn't until the prequels that it was presented as something special that had to be learned, which makes Anikins ghost appearance in ROTJ confusing.

Yeah, but we assumed that. That's not the same as what really was happening. I was never confused about Anakin's ghost. His body was inside a suit, and the clothes don't disappear. So just because you didn't see his body fade away, doesn't mean it didn't.

I read somewhere that old Geordie had said that part of creating life & bringing the dead back that Plagueis had discovered was what Palpatine was really trying to perfect,....he taught Vader parts of the passage to become one with the Force....unfortunately a Sith cannot become one with the Force unless he lets go of his hate,....light side of the Force only

So thats how Anakin knew the way

J

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back