Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII

Rogue 1 May 2016, E8, May 2017 = 12 months....where are you getting 5? It's 5 months between now and Rogue 1...

Historically, Star Wars movies take place some time after one another. Episode VIII is definitely set up to start up right after TFA, but I wonder if they'll do this...

I'm sure it will open with a traditional space shot, probably of the First Order in some sort of regrouping effort or just a show of strength.

But, where do we pick up with our two heroes - Luke and Rey? Do we just pick up where we left off? Do we pick up with Rey in training? Do we pick up with Luke back with the Resistance/Republic?

It's going to be a long 519 days.

Historically, Star Wars movies take place some time after one another. Episode VIII is definitely set up to start up right after TFA, but I wonder if they'll do this...

I'm sure it will open with a traditional space shot, probably of the First Order in some sort of regrouping effort or just a show of strength.

But, where do we pick up with our two heroes - Luke and Rey? Do we just pick up where we left off? Do we pick up with Rey in training? Do we pick up with Luke back with the Resistance/Republic?

It's going to be a long 519 days.

I hope we pick up with Rey kicking some major ass in training. Some shots that would show she's been at it for a while and she's really starting to progress. I hope they give us a bit of time in between the movies.

I hope we pick up with Rey kicking some major ass in training. Some shots that would show she's been at it for a while and she's really starting to progress. I hope they give us a bit of time in between the movies.

Hell yes, we need a Star Wars fight training montage with appropriate cheesy '80's music.

well i had allot of fun with all of you in the Episode 7 threads, looks like its time for me to move in here. boy do we have a long wait to find out what happens with rey..

Predicting she goes with a double bladed saber (hopefully not blue) - first for the good side we'll have seen :)

Since she has and uses a staff, not a big prediction - but still :)

never really thought of that

Plenty of precedent, both in The Old Republic:

4868427-0491635844-48294.jpg

...and Clone Wars:

Jedi_Temple_Guard.png

--Jonah

I don't like the double-bladed lightsabers frankly, but it would seem logical given her proficiency with a staff. I remember for a while people speculated her staff had a "secret" and it didn't help that the ends looked a good bit like the emitters of Maul's saber.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back