Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

IMDB's listings really aren't to be trusted. I'd wait for a LFL press release before expecting to see either of them in Ep. VIII. The decision was made to scrap flashbacks in VII for a reason, and even if they'd originally planned to include some in the next installment it's likely that lesson will carry over once they finalize the shooting script.

IMDB's listings really aren't to be trusted. I'd wait for a LFL press release before expecting to see either of them in Ep. VIII. The decision was made to scrap flashbacks in VII for a reason, and even if they'd originally planned to include some in the next installment it's likely that lesson will carry over once they finalize the shooting script.

I agree 100% The odd thing was HF's name was listed then it was removed. Now his name is back again. Kinda odd. Always a mystery Star Wars is. ;)

I think they're basing this on Kathleen Kennedy's statement at the premiere that the entire cast would be returning.

It was a pretty conclusive statement for her to make and especially with the entire cast standing with her, but I do have to wonder if she really and truly meant the *entire* cast? Pretty interesting, if it's to be taken at face value.

It was a pretty conclusive statement for her to make and especially with the entire cast standing with her, but I do have to wonder if she really and truly meant the *entire* cast? Pretty interesting, if it's to be taken at face value.
I don't think she wanted to drop spoilers in the middle of a huge press event.

"The whole cast is returning - EXCEPT Harrison." Would have been very out of place.

Episode VIII title and poster released... ;)

attachment.php

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BadStarWars8Names?src=hash

Attachments

• CYEg57-WwAQFDm5.jpg
    CYEg57-WwAQFDm5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 377

Not sure if this belongs in the VIII or a IX thread. There's a part of me that thinks (thought?) that we will never know about Rey's parents - it will just be something that is never revealed... Colin Trevorrow suggests that we will find out.

"Is she actually Rey Skywalker, daughter of Luke (Mark Hamill)? Or could she be Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter?

"We're going to make sure that that answer is deeply and profoundly satisfying," Trevorrow promised, avoiding addressing any specific theory.

"Rey is a character that is important in this universe, not just in the context of The Force Awakens, but in the entire galaxy," he elaborated. "She deserves it. We'll make sure that that answer is something that feels like it was something that happened a long time ago, far away, and we're just telling you what happened."

http://www.etonline.com/news/179765...ises_satisfying_answer_to_star_wars_theories/

Episode VIII Casting Call - nothing terribly new. Still listing Harrison, Benicio listed as a villain and a female named Gugu Mbatha-Raw is listed as TBA in the cast.

--
I removed the link. Apparently, it's a bit a scam type site geared to get you to buy their book.

Last edited:

I'm still crossing my fingers for Tatiana Maslany. She was one of three actresses who went in to test with John Boyega, purportedly to play a villain for Episode VIII, and she's easily my favorite of the three named. I so want to see her chewing the scenery as a Star Wars baddie. :D

--Jonah

The way 2016 is going they might want o consider filming the movies back to back

What I find interesting is the comment that the rewrite is to allow the story to focus more on Rey and Finn and less on the newer ancillary characters. I wonder if the overwhelming positive reaction to those two by audiences is driving those alterations.

I may have imagined it but wasn't it rumored that one of the new female roles was a love interest for Finn? I think another was rumored to be a villain?

It may be delayed due to Rogue One as they are utilizing the same stages/locations. Its my understanding there have been some issues with R1. This would open up time for some scene rewrites on Ep8 that I assume would be warranted with Ep9 which may well turn into Ep10,11,12.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back