Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII

Someone said what if it was Rey who slaughtered all Lukes trainees & had the memory wipe

J

Except in the film it is stated that one of Luke's apprecntices turned and destroyed the others and I believe the word "he" was used. I suppose that could have been a lie... but we will see.

I hope it's not a memory wipe... that's as bad a plot device as Deus Ex Machina is.

I *hope* you mean good at handstands because Luke will make her do lots of them for training, and not for some 'other' reason....
Yes, that's all I meant by it. A joke in the same vein as the "don't get to attached to your right hand" memes that are making the rounds. I.e. preparing Rey/Ridley for the less glamorous aspects of being the hero in a Star Wars movie.

Last edited:

Except in the film it is stated that one of Luke's apprecntices turned and destroyed the others and I believe the word "he" was used. I suppose that could have been a lie... but we will see.

I hope it's not a memory wipe... that's as bad a plot device as Deus Ex Machina is.

Yep,....script:

HAN

This map's not complete. It's just a piece. Ever since Luke disappeared, people have been looking for him.

REY

Why'd he leave?

HAN

He was training a new generation of Jedi . One boy, an apprentice turned against him, destroyed it all. Luke felt responsible... He walked away from everything.

J

So the location on the map made me doubt, and the name of the planet in the TFA script (Ahch-to) clinched it -- this "planet with the first Jedi temple" Luke found isn't Tython, the EU's "place the Jedi originated". I don't mind that, personally. But I am curious how much (if any) of the EU's early history of the Jedi will be used. Some of the stuff from later has already made it into canon (The Hundred-Year Darkness), but not the really early stuff...

--Jonah

Just saw TFA- very disappointed that there were almost zero original thoughts in the whole movie

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Since you're fairly new here, I'll give you a bit of advice: we generally don't care for troll-ish posts. If you have some legitimate critiques that you'd like to share, we'd love to discuss them with you. But if you're going to make grossly general statements in the hope that you will goad one or more of us into a flame war with you in order to get your post count up, you ought to look elsewhere.

Well, as I understand it, they did shoot some stuff there back in September(?) so there should at least be *some* actual Skellig Michael footage in Ep. 8. I took the notion that they're building a Skellig Michael set to mean they may be modelling some interiors too, stuff that wouldn't be as feasible at the actual location. Maybe inside Luke's hut or some other unseen area.

On another note, when do we expect to find out the name of Ep.8? I don't recall how long it was before the release of TFA that we found out but I think it was at least a year or so?

That's my understanding too. I think they may have gotten in early at the island before the birds migrate. Surely there wouldn't be too much to shoot there. :)

Ben

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

This is one thing I haven't talked about in the other threads and I think fits here more-those ruins looked old,no technology whatsoever which in a way I find refreshing if they keep that in VIII that would mean that this the very FIRST Jedi temple and whatever tech they had is either lost or buried deep.

That's what I can't get an answer on. Is that THE first Jedi Temple Luke was looking for, or just where they happened to find him on his search? If so I hope the inside looks fancier, because outside it doesn't look very Jedi uh Temple-ish.

I'm still hoping in the next movie, or even Episode 9, that Luke really has at least a couple of fully trained Jedi in reserve, and that Kylo Ren and Snoke just think they took out all of them.

I would bet that is an ancient Jedi temple, and I hope it is. Each stone stacked by early Jedi honing in their force powers.

Since you're fairly new here, I'll give you a bit of advice: we generally don't care for troll-ish posts. If you have some legitimate critiques that you'd like to share, we'd love to discuss them with you. But if you're going to make grossly general statements in the hope that you will goad one or more of us into a flame war with you in order to get your post count up, you ought to look elsewhere.

For the record, the reason I posted that was that I read the thread title quickly, as "Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion," not that I was trying to troll anybody. I was merely attempting to share my thoughts on TFA, apologies for posting in the wrong thread. However, I think you could use some more tact before immediately jumping to conclusions about someone's motivations.

PS who the hell cares about post count? I'm here to learn and enjoy the field of propmaking...

Perhaps.. although you didn't "share your thoughts". That is what my earlier post offered that you ought to have done. Instead you made the blank statement that you did, and still haven not "shared your thoughts" on TFA.

And FOR THE RECORD... I never mentioned anything at all about which thread you'd posted in. That came from....who knows where?

So again, if you have some thoughts on TFA that you'd like to share (yes, they really ought to go in the Ep. VII thread, technically) then please share away and discuss. as I'd said before, healthy debate is encouraged. "I think it's all a rehash" isn't exactly healthy debate.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when Kristen called me a troll...
Ahh, good times. :)

If Kristen hasn't called you a Troll at least once, you aren't trying ;)

Perhaps.. although you didn't "share your thoughts". That is what my earlier post offered that you ought to have done. Instead you made the blank statement that you did, and still haven not "shared your thoughts" on TFA.

And FOR THE RECORD... I never mentioned anything at all about which thread you'd posted in. That came from....who knows where?

So again, if you have some thoughts on TFA that you'd like to share (yes, they really ought to go in the Ep. VII thread, technically) then please share away and discuss. as I'd said before, healthy debate is encouraged. "I think it's all a rehash" isn't exactly healthy debate.

- - - Updated - - -

If Kristen hasn't called you a Troll at least once, you aren't trying ;)
Funny story, I don't actually need your permission to comment on a film. I believe that stating I was disappointed in the lack of creativity actually is a worthwhile comment, negative though it may be. I know some people won't accept critique, and you seem to be one of them. Congratulations for making me regret sharing my thoughts in a community discussion.

Funny story, I don't actually need your permission to comment on a film. I believe that stating I was disappointed in the lack of creativity actually is a worthwhile comment, negative though it may be. I know some people won't accept critique, and you seem to be one of them. Congratulations for making me regret sharing my thoughts in a community discussion.

This thread is about Ep. VIII. Perhaps you should have directed your comment to the actual Ep. VII Post Release discussion or the perpetual Am I The Only One Dissapointed With TFA discussion.

This thread is about Ep. VIII. Perhaps you should have directed your comment to the actual Ep. VII Post Release discussion or the perpetual Am I The Only One Dissapointed With TFA discussion.
That is constructive criticism, thank you for the advice.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back