Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

That kit doesn't match what is shown in the set pic, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

And a Daisy head? Where are we seeing that?

I was looking at the shape of the cockpit. The Daisy head is in the video link of the Royal visit.

Ah, I see. Well the kit model shown is just the ROTJ A-Wing (with DSII gun towers). I just read the article on MakingStarWars where they mention that kit and the rounded cockpit is nothing new. What is different is the entire fairing section behind the cockpit canopy is gone and you can clearly see a section of glass, most noticeable in the pic of Prince Harry sitting in the cockpit above his head, that is not seen on the ROTJ version or on that kit. Looking at the pics posted on MakingStarWars, it definitely looks like this A-wing is heavily influenced by the McQuarrie concept, as Guy Cowen said. The guns are also different and there is the addition of a prominent blister-like detail on the port side, forward of the cockpit, per McQuarrie's work.

Did you quote my post by mistake? All I said was that you can do a lot more with the Star Wars universe than just following some person named Skywalker. If you want a Star Wars story that doesn't use the Force, great! I never said that everything Star Wars does should involve the Force. We're kind of on the same boat here Matty.

Apologies. Thinking we are headed to the same destination but using different routes! I often find I get myself mixed up in the written word, much more articulate in person.

Some interesting new info on Snoke. I don't think Snoke is a Sith but he makes some interesting points.

http://epicstream.com/videos/New-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-Information-on-Supreme-Leader-Snoke

I figured it out. Looking at Snoke's badly disfigured and very frail body, there is only one character in Star Wars that could fit that description. Snoke is ANDOR VEX!

Relevant part at 1:42

Snoke really does look like someone who got knocked around one too many times in a warship's reactor core before getting lodged in a sensitive part that caused the ship to eventually explode. I can see how it would take more than a thousand years for all that swirling Force to bring him back to life in the state he is now in. And his hatred of the Jedi would be perfect. The only Jedi who was with him was the one who thought the sound of him screaming inside a ship's reactor... was funny.

God, that would be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

This stuff about Snoke is interesting in regards to the extent of his injuries I guess but the information regarding him having a mobile base of operations is not new. I think it was mentioned in either the Art of TFA book or the TFA Visual Dictionary. I definitely had heard of that before. The "Sith meditation sphere" seems rather silly. I just assumed Snoke is on board a (perhaps cloaked?) super star destroyer or something similar..

I'm all for a Sith Meditation sphere, but redesign it! That's one of the dumbest designs, IMO, that came out of the EU. It's a neat concept, but badly designed. I was kind of hoping that Snoke would turn out to just be a Sith follower or collector of Sith artifacts, like was rumored. He could still tutor Kylo Ren on the Dark Side, but I think it's too soon to already have a new Sith pop up to challenge Luke. The old EU too quickly turned into a new Dark Side villain of the week.

I'm not even going to say anything about the A-Wing (and no new Rebel fighter so far...) other than to say I hope it's changed (which it looks like in those pics), like the X-Wing, to look like an upgrade. I'm more interested to see if they give the First Order a real advanced TIE Fighter.

I'm all for a Sith Meditation sphere, but redesign it! That's one of the dumbest designs, IMO, that came out of the EU. It's a neat concept, but badly designed. I was kind of hoping that Snoke would turn out to just be a Sith follower or collector of Sith artifacts, like was rumored. He could still tutor Kylo Ren on the Dark Side, but I think it's too soon to already have a new Sith pop up to challenge Luke. The old EU too quickly turned into a new Dark Side villain of the week.

I'm not even going to say anything about the A-Wing (and no new Rebel fighter so far...) other than to say I hope it's changed (which it looks like in those pics), like the X-Wing, to look like an upgrade. I'm more interested to see if they give the First Order a real advanced TIE Fighter.

Totally agree, Jason.

This stuff about Snoke is interesting in regards to the extent of his injuries I guess but the information regarding him having a mobile base of operations is not new. I think it was mentioned in either the Art of TFA book or the TFA Visual Dictionary. I definitely had heard of that before. The "Sith meditation sphere" seems rather silly. I just assumed Snoke is on board a (perhaps cloaked?) super star destroyer or something similar..

I too am hoping he's on another huge ship way out on the outer reaches... un explored space...

always on the move...

I really hope the Sith thing is left out of it. I don't mind he whole obsessed with the Sith and collecting artifacts, I like that idea allot. a worshiper of darth Vader..

I wonder what snoke thinks of Vader, does snoke worship him as much as kylo?

There would be a certain level of respect given to Vader but is ultimately overshadowed by his being tempted by the light... Snoke must know Kylo's obsession with Vader so it makes sense to me. :)

maybe not so much a traitor as weak, imperfect;a failure. A wasted opportunity

That depends on what the galaxy knows. If Luke hasn't told the galaxy at large that Vader turned back to the light side at the last moment they might not know. That's even if most of the people in the galaxy actually know the difference between the sides of the Force. Han doesn't believe in the Force at all in ANH, so maybe that's the view of a lot of people post Order 66? Only the Emperor and Luke were there so it's up in the air whether anyone else knew Vader turned back.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back