Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Based on all that you've pointed out i completely agree. While it *is* possible that she is still Luke's daughter, i never really did think it was terribly likely because of all that you've pointed out--with a few exceptions:

Han DOES react to her, i believe...albeit in confusing ways. The look on his face when she remarks on Takkodanna's greenery for instance... it looked almost like guilt; as if he felt guilty that she was stuck on Jakku all of her life. but why would that be?

Also when he "offers her a job" on the Falcon. that was definitely a "take you under my wing" gesture. Why would he do this? it's been the Han and Chewie show all these years and he never needed help before. READ: he doesn't *need* help now...but he recognises that she needs saving i suppose. But why the grand gesture?

Certainly not conclusive that she is Luke's...but there is a chance he knows whom she is.

Having watched it I felt he offered her the job exactly the way he offered Luke the option to join him and abandon the rebels on Yavin, just before the attack on the first Deathstar, he didn't want to see him waste his life and he liked his courage and abilities. In fact given Reys understanding of the modifications made to the Falcon since it was stolen and her quick wittedness with the compressors and the fact he was getting on a bit made me definitely feel he was more or less going to need her more than he wanted to admit .I found it rather more strange that Rey knew exactly all the people that had stolen the Falcon but didn't know that this was the MILLENIUM Falcon that Han Solo had flown.

I also felt the look Han gave her when she saw the greenery was more one of sympathy, like somebody who always lived in a cave saying "I've never seen the sky before". Knowing the SW universe as he does ,having seen all those worlds and sights I felt he wanted to offer Rey that chance to broaden her horizons by joining him. Which again, if he knew that there was even the remote possibility she was Lukes daughter and she was looking for him, would be a rather odd thing to do.

Also what the hell are lamas and ducks doing on Jakku!!!

And the cut-away from Han when Maz asks "Who's the girl" is just way too convenient. Something seems to be up there.

Han DOES react to her, i believe...albeit in confusing ways. The look on his face when she remarks on Takkodanna's greenery for instance... it looked almost like guilt; as if he felt guilty that she was stuck on Jakku all of her life. but why would that be?
There are a lot of little things Han does in TFA that can be thought of as evidence of Han knowing Rey. But, in the same breath - they could be nothing at all.

I had recently read an article showing Chewie throwing Rey a similar look when when flying across the oceans of Ach-Too (sp?)... I think these looks might be more akin to "poor girl, never seen this before."

I think they add up with the other little things.

• Rey is waiting for her family
• Novelization has a woman's voice in her vision saying they'll be back
• Rey was left on Jakku with Unkar Plutt
• Pablo Hidalgo's tweet of the ship that left her on Jakku shows three figures at the base of the ramp -- one childlike and probably Rey, one taller, and one shorter with either long hair or a hood... none of them Unkar Plutt
• Kylo reacts very strangely when hearing there was a "girl" involved with the droid's escape
• Han's reactions to Rey in many instances, including when he asks her name.
• Maz saying her family is never coming back, but Skywalker can help her

Plus other tidbits that I'd have to log while watching the film. Basically, the gist I get is that Han (and maybe Ben?) knew her or knew of her prior to her being left on Jakku; Ben wanted to get her after he became Kylo, but didn't know where she'd been taken; she is unrelated to Luke and doesn't remember her real name, having taken the name written on the old Rebel flight helmet she scavenged (probably early on); while unrelated by blood, she has some connection to Luke, possibly through Han, who may have been involved indirectly in her being hidden after his son turned.

--Jonah

A blue liveried X-Wing makes s potential Ep. VIII appearance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 81

A-Wings?! It's possible these are Rogue One props as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 107

I'd say it's clearly an A-wing but but there are some interesting differences from the ones we saw in ROTJ. This could be a more "modern" ST version or an earlier version perhaps used for RO as Bryan suggested. My guess is it's the former. The cockpit glazing seems a bit different and the cockpit itself seems to be situated farther back on the fuselage. The OT A-wings had more real estate behind the cockpit area. Of course it could simply be the prop is not completely assembled I guess. Where Mark is standing would usually be the engine nacelles but they seem to be missing or moved. Also an interesting touch is the colors are inverted. Can anyone read the aurebesh on the panel near the bottom?

The color scheme make me think about ObiWan jedi fighter.
Looks very interesting and I can't wait to see more of it :p :p

The new A-wings are more based on McQuarrie concept and rebels

Never seen Rebels but think this guy is in it ?? Seems the Rebels crossover has begun

Last edited:

Also, Poe's and Snap's mothers were both Green Group A-Wing pilots at Endor. Might be one of those kept as an heirloom. I do think the differences are due to filming requirements. Anyone have shots of the ROTJ A-Wing cockpit sets that show what they did or did not include?

--Jonah

I thought that too but typically cockpit shots did not have have glass, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think the X-wings traditionally did at least. Of course, TFA did introduce a lot more immersive, "GoPro" type shots too so what may have once been might not apply these days.

What I'm hearing here is, generic space wizard movie with SW logo slapped on the side. The appeal of SW is way much more than just "the force".

Did you quote my post by mistake? All I said was that you can do a lot more with the Star Wars universe than just following some person named Skywalker. If you want a Star Wars story that doesn't use the Force, great! I never said that everything Star Wars does should involve the Force. We're kind of on the same boat here Matty.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back