Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

It's kind of a relief that Johnson is saying that the story was blank slate when he took over from JJ, there was nothing handed over except what actually appears in TFA. While it's kind of frustrating that it implies that nothing in TFA was actually going anywhere, that it was just a series of Abrams Mystery Boxes with literally nothing in them, I'm not that upset about it if Johnson is filling them up instead of Abrams.

It's sort of a relief - but at the same time, with something as big as SW - you'd think there'd be an over-arching plan. Maybe SOME rules like, you can't kill so and so...you know. I know GL didn't have the whole thing completely laid out, but he knew where he wanted to be at the end of ESB and then ROTJ - though the end of ROTJ changed to be the series ender.

I mean, what if Rian's script called for Kylo to turn on and kill snoke in a return from the dark side...next director is going to be like 'WTF?' i'm screwed now...

I'm also curious as to Rey's parentage still. It's not shocking and short of her dad being jar-jar i don't think anything would shock me. But if Kylo stays bad and Rey isn't a Skywalker....there's not a continuation of 'the saga' as the saga is the skywalker story. The only way of continuing the skywalker story from there is for Luke to start dating a much younger woman :)

It's sort of a relief - but at the same time, with something as big as SW - you'd think there'd be an over-arching plan. Maybe SOME rules like, you can't kill so and so...you know. I know GL didn't have the whole thing completely laid out, but he knew where he wanted to be at the end of ESB and then ROTJ - though the end of ROTJ changed to be the series ender.

I mean, what if Rian's script called for Kylo to turn on and kill snoke in a return from the dark side...next director is going to be like 'WTF?' i'm screwed now...

I'm also curious as to Rey's parentage still. It's not shocking and short of her dad being jar-jar i don't think anything would shock me. But if Kylo stays bad and Rey isn't a Skywalker....there's not a continuation of 'the saga' as the saga is the skywalker story. The only way of continuing the skywalker story from there is for Luke to start dating a much younger woman :)

Oh, I'm sure there are story elements LF would push back on for a myriad reasons. With the Han Solo film they clearly feel comfortable firing directors who were perhaps producing a product they did not agree with. Rian' com,wants not withstanding but take them in context, he felt very free and probably didn't try and go entirely off the rails and the production went smoothly. And we can't be too pedantic about KK's comment that this is the Skywalker Saga. It was but really now that saga is being twighlighted and a new saga is beginning. Skywalker doesn't need to continue, Star Wars does, and Star Wars is begged then any one character.

That snoke looks like a practical effect!! I sure hope so it looks awesome!!

Bryan I agree with you 100% he looks fallen to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoke is CG. Image Capture acting with the CG overlay, without a doubt. He sure looks unhappy with how his plastic surgery job turned out, though ...

Snoke is CG. Image Capture acting with the CG overlay, without a doubt. He sure looks unhappy with how his plastic surgery job turned out, though ...

We heard early on that snoke was going to be a 8ft tall puppet and it took 3 men to control

If Rey's parentage doesn't matter, they shouldn't have made it a thing in TFA. The episodic movies have always been the Skywalker family story; if they're ending the Skywalker line, they need to end the "saga" movies (Episodes) and just do stand-alones. They should have had a general idea of the overarching story and where they wanted to end up from the beginning g (which they very well could have had/have, it just doesn't seem like they do from what we're hearing).

We heard early on that snoke was going to be a 8ft tall puppet and it took 3 men to control

That rumor was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

If Rey's parentage doesn't matter, they shouldn't have made it a thing in TFA. The episodic movies have always been the Skywalker family story; if they're ending the Skywalker line, they need to end the "saga" movies (Episodes) and just do stand-alones. They should have had a general idea of the overarching story and where they wanted to end up from the beginning g (which they very well could have had/have, it just doesn't seem like they do from what we're hearing).

Things change. The Skywalker Saga is effectively over and as it sunsets these new characters have assumed the responsibility of moving the story forward. They may not continue with a 3 film saga arch in the future or they may, unclear.

That rumor was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Things change. The Skywalker Saga is effectively over and as it sunsets these new characters have assumed the responsibility of moving the story forward. They may not continue with a 3 film saga arch in the future or they may, unclear.

Is his robe still practical?

Don't you remember the beginning of TFA that in the starting dialogue it stated the empire was looking to distort the Last Jedi. Aka Luke Skywalker. Now he's back and Badder than ever

Rian confirms that at least coming into the film Luke is the Last Jedi.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/07/star-wars-the-last-jedi-title-meaning/amp/

Rian has been very specific discussing the complications of Rey and Luke's relationship. Not once have I ever gotten the vibe that that complication is due to them being family. Rey is earnest and eager and Luke dismissive and cautious.

i gave up on rey being lukes daughter a long time ago. ill be shocked now if it does come out to be his daughter

i still strongly believe rey is not her real name though...

Family...define Family...father mother sister brother kids grandkids cousins, second cousins...is it possible for somebody with no "family" to find family?. i bet it happens alot. Finn may have found some sort of family in the resistance...is it possible Rey, not being related to a Skywalker by blood become a Skywalker?

If Luke turns out not to have a child, the Skywalker surname dies with him (at some point). Ben Solo is a Skywalker by lineage but would not carry on the Skywalker family name. Perhaps these installments are closing out the series about the Skywalker surname, but continuing on with family when Rey and Ben hookup by the end of episode IX (speculation). I personally don't know how I would like this, but lets see how far this ball of yarn may unravel.

I'm rooting for Rey being a Kenobi. The grand daughter of Ben and bo-katan

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I like the theory of Rey being a Kenobi, it adds a layer of history repeating itself and make Obi Wan a little more interesting in the long run. It also gives more substance to the possible Kenobi stand alone film IMHO.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back