Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Bad BB-8

Attachments

• IMG_4895.JPG
    IMG_4895.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 89
I didn't think I'd like the new walker, but with these new photos, I really like it. It looks mean and sturdy, not to mention highly destructive and dangerous.

The juggernaut...don't like it. It looks like a giant slice of metal pizza. I like the idea, but the final product is lackluster to say the least.

Last edited:
Neither of these designs makes my inner 10 year old squeal with glee and excitement.....

The Walker's front legs just look goofy...gimmicky....

The dreadnaught reminds me of a fan designed Star Destroyer...you know, where they go, " it's 10 times bigger than everything else, it's got 6000 cannons....it can destroy countries from orbit, it has a squillion tie fighters...."

All this coupled with space penguins, space owls and space horse races makes me really quite depressed.......it's as if Star Wars is in the hands of someone who just doesn't get it.

Rich

The slice of pizza design is really a disappointment from the design team. They are killing SW with horrible designs. I am not sure of the new ATAT, I don't hate it but feel its a waste opportunity to show newer agile walkers. Anyway, can't wait to see how older Boba Slave 1 will look like and who gets frozen this time.

That star destroyer is not snokes ship. His mega destroyer or whatever is different. I don't like that star destroyer. I don't hate it but it's meh. The walker I like. Esp its head. It's bulky and mean looking.

Ben

Neither of these designs makes my inner 10 year old squeal with glee and excitement.....

The Walker's front legs just look goofy...gimmicky....

The dreadnaught reminds me of a fan designed Star Destroyer...you know, where they go, " it's 10 times bigger than everything else, it's got 6000 cannons....it can destroy countries from orbit, it has a squillion tie fighters...."

All this coupled with space penguins, space owls and space horse races makes me really quite depressed.......it's as if Star Wars is in the hands of someone who just doesn't get it.

Rich

Well, it's really more about actual 10 year olds as opposed to inner ones. :) If they dig it it's a win.

Tell Rian Johnson that on Twitter. He chooses the designs, regarding the film he has said they are his choices "Like it or hate it, it's all on me."

I´d like to know what he likes in designs. And design concepts.

I, too, have to see what the overall impression of the walker is going to be, how he walks and comes across when in action. But atm I do not like the design, since it looks like two separate concepts. If they had chosen to change the hind legs, too, okay, but that cross looks like its been split in the middle and does not know whether to be an elephant or an ape. Apephant, maybe? Or Gorrhino? Anyway, I am not particularly fond of several CW and PT designs, but the heavy cannon walker whatsisname looks totally coherent compared to this... beast :p

The AT-M6 would have got a strong pass if it were not for those over sized " fangs " benieth the head of it, and those two stupidly placed grills eitherside of the neck. I still don't love the idea that it so closely resembles a gorilla because it REMINDS you its been made to look like a gorilla. That hampers the design aesthetic. Still its better then I hoped when I saw the rough drawings and the real proof of success will be in the way it animates itself on screen during the battle. Its cutting it abit to close to a kids cartoon giant robot animal at the moment for my tastes.
That dreadnought confounds me. Full credit to the inclusion of the huge bombardment weapons ,I've always wanted to see those on a Star Destroyer. However, the rest of the ship looks terrible, unless that huge playing field like deck is supposed to be that flat for a specific reason ie : as a platform to assemble a planetary invasion force on like an aircraft carrier, if not then I loath it. I don't think even that could even excuse that WTF bridge.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back