Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Anyone else get the feeling Luke goes dark in this one? From Boyega's recent comments and other cast members comments on this one being dark. I cannot see any other character going dark have any real impact on the story as a whole more than Luke. WE just don't know enough about anyone else from the new trilogy to have that dark impact mean anything more or shave as much shock value as it being Luke.

That is not a spoiler it is speculation.

Anyone have any other ideas of what would make this movie so dark in the sense Boyega is speaking

My feeling is that he doesn't go to the dark side but its more about him denouncing the Jedi order.

This sounds right and would make sense. But what is this "Dark " thing that could make such a big difference in this universe. What I mean is some close to the movie keep saying dark. I am just trying to wrap around this movie is dark. We have seen ultimate Bad/Dark in Vader and The Emperor. What Dark could they do with fresh characters that we know nothing much of any of their back stories that would make fans feel it was really dark? To me that has to include Luke or Leia. Rey Finn Poe Kylo and Snoke all new with little known of why they all feel what they feel.

Lucas crafted a wonderful and exciting and riveting story in ANH. I cared about all the characters. I wanted to know who they all were and what drove them. From the get go Lucas gave us a sense of who we should care for and who to fear and a sense of why. In the TFA I got none of that except for Rey. Kylo would have been better for me if I had some sense of what the hate and pulling to light or dark was for but for a want to do what his grandfather did. Didn't Luke and Leia tell him his Grandfather while a complete terror for most of his life turned to the light in the end.

Anyone have any other ideas of what would make this movie so dark in the sense Boyega is speaking

I haven't heard what he said, but he might just be referring to the darkness typically found in the second act of a story, ie. ending with the protagonists at a low point. Also, isn't "dark" a fairly common, perhaps even overused, buzzword in the movie industry?

One option that is/was open to Rian is to flesh out what constitutes dark side/Sith training. That hasn't really been explored yet in the films and, IIRC, TFA mentioned Kylo's need to complete his.

Those "caretakers" are one of the most unimaginative designs I've seen out of SW. I've kept out of this thread for a while, but I had to come back to say that. I don't even like the idea of it. I still have hope for this movie, but the designs, man... the designs.

They you go, sounds like what I posited at the top of this page is exactly how this will go down.

- - - Updated - - -

"I an't scared of no porgs!!"

I bet they have 10 seconds of screen time if that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree. I think they will be a constant presence for the sequences on Ach-to. And since we don't know how they actually interact with Luke and Rey and Chewie best to just wait and see. I can see them being both cute and charming but also something more meaningful.

My convo with Rian on twitter about people complain about Porg's being pushed on him by Disney to sell merch. Call him a liar if you like. SteveBBB.jpg
and a Pablo tidbit on prequels

Attachments

• Czgs5DRXEAUHGxU.jpg
    Czgs5DRXEAUHGxU.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 213
They you go, sounds like what I posited at the top of this page is exactly how this will go down.

Yeah, you were dead on. I'm glad they're starting out with a Luke who's out of his comfort zone. It would have been pretty boring if he was the same exact guy we last saw in ROTJ.

My convo with Rian on twitter about people complain about Porg's being pushed on him by Disney to sell merch. Call him a liar if you like.View attachment 750505
and a Pablo tidbit on prequels

LOL...that was pretty funny.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's pushed around easily--he seems to have a maverick's spirit.

Of course, that could be great, good, bad, or horrendous for the film, as I know nothing of his SWIQ.

Only the movie, will answer that question.

The Wook

*** Contains spoilers ***

You just know that Porgs going flying into the backwall when Chewie punches it, hes gona laugh his ass off :lol Finns learnt to fly quickly seeing as hes basically just come out of a coma and couldnt fly without Poe before. Snokes Guard look better in those pics to me.

Some of the comments below those articles were saying how they wernt going to see the Film because Luke was a Hero and no way would he be a coward on an Island after defeating Vader and the Emporer :lol When Luke was a Massive coward who surrendered at almost every opportunity, it was Vader who saved Luke by killing the Emporer, some people just love to moan about anything :lol

Those "caretakers" are one of the most unimaginative designs I've seen out of SW. I've kept out of this thread for a while, but I had to come back to say that. I don't even like the idea of it. I still have hope for this movie, but the designs, man... the designs.

They remind me of the Sandtroopers Dewback, but these have even weirder legs, skinny bird feet lol

Someone please explain to me why Porgs are a problem, unless your "adults only" ego can't handle anything cute or remotely childish in a SW film.

Star wars is full of wierd creatures, i love them. the Porgs are actually quite realistic compared to...

star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith-20050511060113788.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back