Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Guys I know what I was wondering....

I can't see snoke as a Lightsaber duelist... in the hologram he looks weak, and even has a hard time moving around in his chair all slouched to the side... he looks in worse shape then palpatine to me

So I was wondering... snoke not even force sensitive? Are we being mislead?

Is snoke just some rich political figure in the universe. And there is some big bad dark Jedi working for him? Is this dark Jedi the one going to "complete kylo's training"
Granted he asked kylo "there has been a awaking, have you felt it?"

But is that snoke relaying the information given to him from his dark Jedi?

I've just been on a snoke kick lately and can't see how he's ever going to fight... even if he knows the sith lightning trick... of a Lightsaber can block that, what kind of threat does snoke pose?

I'm just wondering if there is another bad guy working for snoke and who is the one training kylo this whole time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see snoke as a Lightsaber duelist... in the hologram he looks weak, and even has a hard time moving around in his chair all slouched to the side... he looks in worse shape then palpatine to me

Is snoke just some rich political figure in the universe. And there is some big bad dark Jedi working for him? Is this dark Jedi the one going to "complete kylo's training"

I've just been on a snoke kick lately and can't see how he's ever going to fight... even if he knows the sith lightning trick... of a Lightsaber can block that, what kind of threat does snoke pose?

I'm just wondering if there is another bad guy working for snoke and who is the one training kylo this whole time...

Based on all I have seen and heard is is clearly a creature who has been badly injured and remains disfigured, so you need to add that to your consideration of his backstory. How did he get that way and who did it to him and why?

This is what I hate more than the waiting for the next film. The rampant, baseless speculation. Snoke is Force sensitive. There are no "Dark Jedi". Ugh...

By the way. Didn't you see Rian Johnson's tweet? Snoke is Jar Jar. Vader held him solely responsible for the events that led to the death of Padme, so he sought his revenge. Jar Jar, however, survived the encounter and though he was horribly injured, never truly blamed Anakin, realizing he was merely a pawn in Palpatine's grand scheme. In his trauma he discovered his force abilities, sat on the sidelines, influencing events, and using Luke and Vader to exact his revenge on Palpatine, before finally taking his place at the forefront of the First Order. Duh.

(That, if you don't know, is ridiculously speculative, but given what we KNOW, far more plausible.)

Yoda looks weak and slow and small with a walking stick, but hes really fast and Force powerfull. Snoke is quite tall and might be half machine after getting disfigured. I think Snoke will have two lightsabers or an odd looking weapon like a Force Trident, he might be able to ghost himself as holograms too.

In Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Chancellor Palpatine tells Anakin the tale of Darth Plagueis the Wise... He could be snoke, watch this theory video to learn more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMtalVzHQA

Last edited:
This is what I hate more than the waiting for the next film. The rampant, baseless speculation. Snoke is Force sensitive. There are no "Dark Jedi". Ugh...

By the way. Didn't you see Rian Johnson's tweet? Snoke is Jar Jar. Vader held him solely responsible for the events that led to the death of Padme, so he sought his revenge. Jar Jar, however, survived the encounter and though he was horribly injured, never truly blamed Anakin, realizing he was merely a pawn in Palpatine's grand scheme. In his trauma he discovered his force abilities, sat on the sidelines, influencing events, and using Luke and Vader to exact his revenge on Palpatine, before finally taking his place at the forefront of the First Order. Duh.

(That, if you don't know, is ridiculously speculative, but given what we KNOW, far more plausible.)

It cant be Jar Jar because the actor said he would never play him again :D Onlleeee onesa aktooor cansa playyyyeee Jar JArrr Biiiiiinkses

Those guards... It's like someone said "I want something Samurai inspired, but make it look really plain and bad."

After seeing the guard again, I have to say that, like the FO Stormtrooper, this almost looks cool, but it's like they didn't nail the final design yet. I like the FO Stormtrooper except for the lack of "mouth" detail. I think the same thing, for me, is happening with this guy.

I'm still hoping that Snoke is like a Sith collector or Sith worshipper. That was one of the cool things in the Darth Bane novels, where he finds a guy who collects Sith artifacts and kind of worships them, but can't use the Force.

After seeing the guard again, I have to say that, like the FO Stormtrooper, this almost looks cool, but it's like they didn't nail the final design yet. I like the FO Stormtrooper except for the lack of "mouth" detail. I think the same thing, for me, is happening with this guy.

I'm still hoping that Snoke is like a Sith collector or Sith worshipper. That was one of the cool things in the Darth Bane novels, where he finds a guy who collects Sith artifacts and kind of worships them, but can't use the Force.

I guess they didnt want to stray too far away from the Royal Guard Helmet, that was super simple. Also these might be droids or drones that snoke can control with his mind, so might not need mouth parts.

Re Snoke Collecting Artifacts, see this claimed leaked spoiler info

Those TLJ photos are AWESOME! There's definitely something funny going on with Rey's lightsaber here. Maybe Luke teaches her to build a lightsaber through modifying his old one? Speaking of Luke... that dark brown looks REALLY good on him! And the Kylo pics with the fan in the background make it seem like these pics are from either a promotional photo shoot where these images will be put on packaging and stuff, or they're BTS from a photo shoot that we'll see later. Either way, they're incomplete. You can see fans and the lightsaber effects aren't added. Also, Snoke looks to be a practical effect. Either really good make up or possibly a mock up head.

Yeah those new pics are so cool :thumbsup

Good to see Fin has a better outfit and his pistol is wayyy better than the last gun Han gave him. Rey looks really good, shes really getting into this character now, imo she looks believable as a Jedi, in a way those monks from the PT didnt. Luke looks badass, hes not taking any crap of anyone! Pimp daddy Snoke is a good looking chap, is his lightsaber gold? :D i seem to remember it being a gaint puppet or something there using with a guy underneath to get him tall enough. The red guards dont look too bad with lighting on them and better poses. Kylos looking more bonkers, i want him to go completley nuts now, drooling like a rabid dog, consumed by the Dark Side with red eyes, a loose cannon. Phasma's Javelin should be interesting if she doesnt surrender like a ***** coward again, why would they want her back?

Overall im really liking the look of this new film, more dirty and dark, i can feel it on my fingertips like soil allready. If they can get the plot right Ep8 is going to kick ass!

These photos are epic! Luke looks AWESOME!!! The photo of him in the cloak with his arms outstretched and the hood...badass! I'm absolutely loving the strong medieval-inspired look for this film.

Still not sold on these Praetorian Guards though. The first guy looks like he's got a big belly hiding under that armor...
I think the heavy armor on top, no armor on bottom just looks silly. Either go all the way or cut down on the armor on top (namely the arms). I like what they are going for, but I don't think this is the best design they could have chosen.

Snoke looks pretty human in that photo. Wondering if that melted, messed up skin is supposed to be a force lighting injury like Palpatine.

Hopefully they keep him practical rather than that horrible CGI version.

image.pngimage.jpeg Mystery solved!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back