Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Dude you just contradicted yourself. While their eyes didn't really need an update it DOES make complete sense that they would need to blink.Sorry you just made my day with that. :lol

Ben

sigh....whose to say aliens even HAVE eylids? Maybe the pupils are the eylids and THOSE blink ;o)..wait, what are we talking about again? am i making it worse? :)

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, just prepping us for the "copy of Empire" , that Episode 8 will be, roflol ! Anyone want to hazard a guess, on what Episode 9 will be a copy of ;-)

ROTJ AND A New Hope, with a bit of GroundHog Day thrown in just for good measure. oh, wait, we already got half of that ;o)

Last edited:
The problem with that is that it would be pretty much impossible.

I mean, it was fairly improbable for Lukes ESB saber to resurface, but it did. That, could have simply been sucked into Bespins garbage room and saved from there.

Vaders, OTOH, was lost down the pit of the death start, which, in roughly an hour from it going down the trench, was blown to bits when the whole death start exploded. So, if it's true, we're to believe it not only withstood the destruction of the death star, but also re-entry into the Endor Atmosphere?

If that happened, it's utter BS and then it's no wonder Luke didn't destroy the crystal - it's impossible!

Not the saber, just the crystal. And kyber crystals are imbued with the force, so it would make sense for Luke to be able to find it. I kind of like this idea.

Not the saber, just the crystal. And kyber crystals are imbued with the force, so it would make sense for Luke to be able to find it. I kind of like this idea.

I think cboath's point still stands. are we to assume the CRYSTAL is strong enough to survive a planet sized explosion, with the force added to it?unless you want to argue he found a backup saber somewhere....

I think cboath's point still stands. are we to assume the CRYSTAL is strong enough to survive a planet sized explosion, with the force added to it?unless you want to argue he found a backup saber somewhere....

Aren't kyber crystals supposed to be one of the strongest materials in the galaxy? And with all the other debris it entered the atmosphere with, something that small wouldn't take the full brunt of the destruction, would it? I don't know, I'm not an expert on atmospheric stuff.

For a no budget movie, it did fine. But, that box office take STILL means that nobody saw it. 27 million US is nothing. Relative to its budget, yes. It did well. I've still yet to meet anyone whose seen it. They just know it was part of some Oscar confusion, if that. If a tree falls in the forest...

That's the US take. $55,800,703 internationally...
for a movie that cost $1.5 to make...
for a movie that was released to home video (in the US) prior to the Oscars...
for a movie that never had a wide release.

There is no way to rationalize that Miracle was a failure. It is no way ever meant to be a blockbuster film, it was a small film from an unknown director and unknown cast that did good.

For a no budget movie, it did fine. But, that box office take STILL means that nobody saw it. 27 million US is nothing. Relative to its budget, yes. It did well. I've still yet to meet anyone whose seen it. They just know it was part of some Oscar confusion, if that. If a tree falls in the forest...

Which is why people struggle squaring their opinion with objective reality. People claim TFA and or R1 were "failures" because the film didn't land for them. They also dismiss the objective reality of the box office claiming bad movies make lots of money. This comment suggest a failure film makes no money, so here is the cognitive dissonance setting in. So after box office we turn to critical and audience opinions, etc. Moonlight has a 98% critical response and 80% audience. Again, factual data which is either accepted or ignored to suit a personal opinion. Same thing with TFA and R1.

If the DS exploded and Luke found DV's crystal, did he have to sift through all the DS laser crystals, or were those destroyed while Vaders survived, just food for thought

If the DS exploded and Luke found DV's crystal, did he have to sift through all the DS laser crystals, or were those destroyed while Vaders survived, just food for thought

you're thinking to much. the story becomes less 'fun and cool' if you have to think too much about it ;o)
Can't be using that brain for objective thought now ;o)

So for kicks and giggles....

We know Luke returns to the surface of Endor post explosion. If the debris from the DS fell to the forest moon and if a Kyber crystal could fall without being destroyed Luke could possibly sense it through the Force and find its location.

Or the rumor is simply incorrect. :)

Which is why people struggle squaring their opinion with objective reality. People claim TFA and or R1 were "failures" because the film didn't land for them...So after box office we turn to critical and audience opinions, etc. Moonlight has a 98% critical response and 80% audience. Again, factual data which is either accepted or ignored to suit a personal opinion. Same thing with TFA and R1.

I've posted before that I feel TFA falls into unique category regarding its "critical success." For example, I pulled three lines from "fresh" reviews and three from "rotten" reviews. You cannot easily discern which is which:

"a lot of what we see here is awfully familiar."

"J.J. Abrams reboot may be completely derivative."

"Director J.J. Abrams is so intuitively unoriginal"

"The Force Awakens looks more like a nostalgic film."

"The film is basically a 'greatest hits' compilation of episodes IV and V, and little else."

"A money grab in which wunderkind J.J. Abrams choses to go where George Lucas has gone before by basically repeating plot points, even lines, from the original trilogy."

I can't ever recall an instance where the good reviews and bad reviews used so many of the same examples to make their point! By the way, the first three are "fresh" and the last three are "rotten."

Aren't kyber crystals supposed to be one of the strongest materials in the galaxy? And with all the other debris it entered the atmosphere with, something that small wouldn't take the full brunt of the destruction, would it? I don't know, I'm not an expert on atmospheric stuff.

You wind up with a contradiction there. Regardless of how hard it is, it IS possible to be mined and cut down to size as evident in the fact the empire mined them for the death stars (plural) and jedi got small pieces for their sabers. So, if it can be cut, the odds of an explosion the size of a moon not incinerating it are low.. Really really impossibly low. Then getting through the atmosphere - when it's 2 inches long to begin with - just no. If the space craft don't enter the atmosphere at the right speed, and right angle, with enough insulation/deflecting material pointed in the right direction, they burn up. So, a 2" crystal surviving a moon-sized explosion followed by getting through the atmosphere just isn't going to happen. Even after than, WTH would luke even think to go look for it?

Also, are kyber crystals even colored? The only cinematic one scene is Jyn's and it was white.

I can't ever recall an instance where the good reviews and bad reviews used so many of the same examples to make their point! By the way, the first three are "fresh" and the last three are "rotten."

i guess even the positive people couldn't not admit that it was basically retreading same ground, but chose to ignore it and just enjoy the film anyway?

You wind up with a contradiction there. Regardless of how hard it is, it IS possible to be mined and cut down to size as evident in the fact the empire mined them for the death stars (plural) and jedi got small pieces for their sabers. So, if it can be cut, the odds of an explosion the size of a moon not incinerating it are low.. Really really impossibly low. Then getting through the atmosphere - when it's 2 inches long to begin with - just no. If the space craft don't enter the atmosphere at the right speed, and right angle, with enough insulation/deflecting material pointed in the right direction, they burn up. So, a 2" crystal surviving a moon-sized explosion followed by getting through the atmosphere just isn't going to happen. Even after than, WTH would luke even think to go look for it?

Also, are kyber crystals even colored? The only cinematic one scene is Jyn's and it was white.

okay, true. But as to why he would want it, maybe as a portable shield similar to the force nexus that yoda lived near, clouding over the light side energy that Luke emits.

Plenty of people who liked the film could also agree it had Ep IV nostalgia. Most people can also admit this was done on purpose to show the fans that the new owners understood how to make a Star Wars movie feel like Star Wars. They also did a good job introducing the new chars in the movie.

Now if VIII follows as close to EP V I'll have an issue :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back