Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

I will say the Avatar delays do feel like a film that is having trouble coming together into something coherent.

What's the problem?? Have the blue girl turned into a human, give her a few etiquette lessons, put her in an evening gown, and introduce her to high society....oh wait, that's Pocohontas 2. Nevermind. Cameron would never stoop so low to blatantly rip off another story.

The Wook

What's the problem?? Have the blue girl turned into a human, give her a few etiquette lessons, put her in an evening gown, and introduce her to high society....oh wait, that's Pocohontas 2. Nevermind. Cameron would never stoop so low to blatantly rip off another story.

The Wook

Not meaning to open up THAT can of worms but I really liked Avatar. It was an example of a movie that was more an experience and I really enjoyed watching it a few times in theater.

Not meaning to open up THAT can of worms but I really liked Avatar. It was an example of a movie that was more an experience and I really enjoyed watching it a few times in theater.

I saw it on a 13" black & white TV in Canada. Didn't impress me.

The Wook

The Wook
You may have experienced a difference in quality.

I saw it on opening night..in imax....without ever seeing a commercial

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The Wook
:lol Jealous you had that amazing experience.
Myself I thought avatar was ok. Still shocked that it made that much money. TBH I can't remember a single characters name or a single line from the movie.

:lol Jealous you had that amazing experience.
Myself I thought avatar was ok. Still shocked that it made that much money. TBH I can't remember a single characters name or a single line from the movie.

'......I......see.....you'

....that was kinda creapy

J

So Rey kicks ass with a staff so they have to have her with a double lightsaber in the future right?

Though that seems logical to most, personally I really hope not. I feel that a dual edged saber is best left onscreen to the one who already had it (Maul) and let's not spoil it by revisiting it with another character.

I'm fine with Rey wielding a traditional saber. :thumbsup

I don't have a problem with a dual myself. I like the idea because it makes sense for the character. There hasn't been one in the galaxy (that we know of) for 50+ years and in reality - the last one was 18 years ago in our world by the time the movie releases.

I don't mind it either. Especially for the character.

But man, the "jedi standard" is just so badass

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It really wouldn't make sense to introduce the Graflex and not have her use it. Unless they plan on Luke having two lightsabers, I guess...

Lightsaber nunchucks for Rey or nothing at all
:lol

1LLVmHS.jpg

When she builds her own saber it is supposed to reflect her so we'll have to see what she comes up with.

I would like two see something completely different like a yellow bladed yari style .

So it won't "ruin" anything lol.
Only maul can have double blades and only Mace can have purple i guess.

Last edited:

Or maybe two...don't think anyone in the series has weilded two by default before. Anakin on did on AoTC in the middle of a fight, not by style choice.

The Wook is free to have a different opinion than yours,
and he's free to express it - just as you're free to disagree.

This pile-on is getting ridiculous.
Just put him on ignore if you dislike him so much.
This thread's about STAR WARS, not The Wook.

Absolutely he is free to have a different opinion. But he doesn't even agree that it's just an opinion, he implies it's objective fact and anyone who doesn't agree has bad taste or is "sheep".
My opinions are just that, opinions as with anyone else. I admit they are opinions and don't imply they are objective facts.

I think Rey will end up with a regular saber simply because she's being trained by Luke who has only ever encountered a regular saber (and she seemed to do just fine with it against Kylo). However he may now have more records or knowledge of previously used versions and be able to sort of recommend one that would be best suited to her.

Disney could come up with quadruple bladed lightsabers now if they wanted, but I seriously hope they stop with the double bladed lightsaber. It was supposed to be fairly rare among Jedi. I'd like to see her either make her own, since Jedi are supposed to, use two like Ahsoka where one is shorter, or the third option, a lightsaber pike: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_pike/Legends like the Shadow Guards from The Force Unleashed use. She's already had a lot of experience with a staff (assuming she didn't just pick it up in the last few years before TFA) so that would be natural to her.

As for Luke training her with what he knows, if he's been sitting around that long without training Jedi (depending on how recent his Academy and the attack were) he was most likely trying to gather any info on the Jedi to use to train with. So by now he might have information on all kinds of Jedi fighting styles. I also can't believe that R2 was around all that time and didn't take any video of Anakin or other Jedi fighting or practicing...

So we should also see Kylo Ren with a new lightsaber in episode 8 because I believe Rey slashed it in half during their final battle. Also if he goes to finish his training he should have a more refined one.

Watching thT scequence for the 4th time the other day it's not clear what happens to Ren's lightsaber. She seems to chop down on it but then you see it laying in the snow near Ren intact.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back