Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Hey, I've blocked him but every time you quote him in your posts he shows up again so please don't.

Generally people who can never drop an argument do so because they have nothing else constructive in their lives worth doing instead. Its the only remaining way they can get any attention.

here is to not dropping an argument LOL and my last post on the subject for the next two years .

here is the first description of Snoke given

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/12/star-wars-force-awakens-andy-serkis-homies/

here is a music comparison of palatine's teachings (not ambient bubble song or something so the music was written to represent what palatine was teaching not the fish bubble show) and Snoke's theme .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgirxblkje8

Last edited:

I can't take similar instrumentation/arrangement in Williams' scores over Serkis' assertions that Snoke is a new character (let's not forget all of the Snoke character designs leading up to the final one - with just months left before the film's release they were still considering making him a snake-man!). I could string together an equally compelling Williams comparison demonstrating that Kevin McAllister from Home Alone is really Harry Potter.

How do you block people here?
Hey, I've blocked him but every time you quote him in your posts he shows up again so please don't.

Generally people who can never drop an argument do so because they have nothing else constructive in their lives worth doing instead. Its the only remaining way they can get any attention.

How do you block people here?

Go to "Subscribed Threads" at the top of the page (its just under "Popular Franchises"}.A LIST will be generated on the left hand side. In settings go to "Ignore list" and edit name. You can always reverse it if you want to later, but it removes all the negative issues, unless of course, somebody quotes them in their post. Try it. Suddenly the thread became pleasant again, like somebody has stuffed cotton wool in your ears, all those annoying rants go away. He can try as much as he wants, but really the silence is golden.
There are people here that consistently make good observations and share useful and interesting information to pass on, and they can also make accurate and helpful criticisms about the franchise and films. I would guess that the delay in EPVIIII has been brought about specifically because certain threads here and on other fan sites have been extremely helpful in feeding back exactly what people liked and didn't like about VII (as well as the heavy workload at ILM and the juggling of other films release dates which would effect competition ie Pirates and Galaxy.
However, excessive and repetitive whining achieves nothing but to annoy people.

Last edited:

I'm guessing Episode VIII was written as a shot-for-shot remake of ESB, and with all the bad word-of-mouth about TFA being a blatant ripoff of ANH, and how it's hurting it at the box office, they're delaying Episode VIII to try to come up with a new story. In which case, I say good!

I'm with you guys who want them to be summer flicks, but if the extra time means we won't get another turd like TFA, then I'm all for the Christmas release date.

The Wook

Sorry CutThumb but I have to quote this as every point made in this comment is incorrect and therefore has won the dumbest post on the internet for me today. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I really don't think the Disney suits are sitting around at a table, pointing fingers and talking about the "bad word of mouth" or how TFA underperformed at the box office. It was a resounding success. That's the reality.

That being said, I hope the next one takes some creative leaps and gives us something we can all enjoy.

Sometimes I hate message boards. If you don't express your opinions in exactly the right way, someone always finds a way to turn it into something it's not. I didn't say they had a responsibility to please me specifically, all others be d***ed, as if I think I have that power and that right. I didn't say you have to agree with me or your wrong, like some people. I simply said that if they don't give Poe more to do etc., my opinion about the character won't change, that's it. No need to pounce on me for it.

You might just want to have a sit and rest...take a breath or two. I don't think that anything that I had written there could be construed as "pouncing" by anyone apart from someone who's already got a smarting ego.

Sometimes I hate message boards too... for this exact reason! You make a comment that is anything but effervescent with praise for the person that you are responding to, and they instantly take it heart as if they've just been branded a serial rapist and shunned by the entire planet.

Big Boy Pants are in order, I reckon.

You might just want to have a sit and rest...take a breath or two. I don't think that anything that I had written there could be construed as "pouncing" by anyone apart from someone who's already got a smarting ego.

Sometimes I hate message boards too... for this exact reason! You make a comment that is anything but effervescent with praise for the person that you are responding to, and they instantly take it heart as if they've just been branded a serial rapist and shunned by the entire planet.

Big Boy Pants are in order, I reckon.
I'm sorry but this:
Fortunately for us, I believe their goals are set far higher than simply changing one person's mind.
comes off as more than a bit passive aggressive to me.

Last edited:

I really don't think the Disney suits are sitting around at a table, pointing fingers and talking about the "bad word of mouth" or how TFA underperformed at the box office. It was a resounding success. That's the reality.

That being said, I hope the next one takes some creative leaps and gives us something we can all enjoy.

Certainly not the "suits" other than probably "How can we make this better." But as a feedback tool various internet discussion threads are of immense value to anybody seeking to refine and improve their product. In the case of EPVII I don't doubt for a moment that somebody has surveyed the available data and compiled a list of "common complaints" and it has been fed back. Such profiling is becoming a very well used tool in the review of any creative process. You would be surprised. But you need to trust the accuracy of your sources. The RPF is well known to many people that work in the film industry and they do take a very specific interest in what made people want to (or not want to ) see their films. Its the only way they get to make another one.

I think they simply played it safe and made the first outing something familiar to show people 'hey, we get what makes it work'.

now that that is out of the way, I think they will try and take it in new directions.

And regarding message boards, that's why I dropped all FB pages and pretty much all MB's except this one. what used to be fun, has turned into an exercise of frustration. cause gone is discussion, and what's left is over reacting, social justic-ing, and millenials who don't get the fact that people hate things and will bring up the fact in a public forum ;o).

I've learned not to discuss feig Busters with people, because they instantly get all defensive ;o) it's not worth it anymore. thankfully, people here are a bit more level headed ;o).

I'm sorry but this: comes off as more than a bit passive aggressive to me.

perhaps that's your ego getting in the way, then?

In any case it's nothing at all like pouncing. You over reacted... everyone does sometime. It's never a big deal unless you make it one.

Besides, I've never had much use for passive-aggressive behavior on here. Ask anyone... if I have an opinion, I will state it. And if I think you're wrong, I'll tell you.

thankfully, people here are a bit more level headed ;o).

I do *try* to be... but some persist in seeing me another way, it seems.

Look, we ALL have strong opinions, and we like to express them. That is why we are all here. But the problem comes in when someone decides that it is their duty to guess at your "hidden motivations" for each thing that you write. They begin to convince themselves that they can dissect your mental state, and determine precisely what you think, and therefore know the "real" reason why you've typed what you have. At that point, no amount of explanation on your part can change what they've decided about you, so they dig in.

I'll admit, I've done it. I think we all have at some point. But I don't go about making a habit of it. I don't think that most of us do.

But as in all society, it's the vocal few who seem to be able to broadcast above all others.

sometimes I don't even get to that point ;o)

All I had to do was bring up the fact that 'I wish I could be so positive about feigbusters'.. Then the person went on a 5 tweet rant asking how I would feel personally if people told me I was worthless without giving me a chance to prove myself. I'm still getting whiplash trying to figure out how that conversation went so badly with one tweet ;o).

anyway, didn't mean to drag things further off topic, back to on topic discussions ;0).

I'm curious as to the december release date as well.

What other movies are coming out in May? Maybe they don't want some of their truly heavy hitters overlapping with one another?
like Captain America, for instance?

if they have nothing coming out in december, maybe it's a simple distribution thing.

perhaps that's your ego getting in the way, then?

Nope. I made an innocent comment, you made me out to be a narcissist, so I explained myself, and now you're taking it a step further and making me out to be not just a narcissist, but a pr**k too (no, you didn't use that word, but the sentiment was clear)

[...]the problem comes in when someone decides that it is their duty to guess at your "hidden motivations" for each thing that you write. They begin to convince themselves that they can dissect your mental state, and determine precisely what you think, and therefore know the "real" reason why you've typed what you have. At that point, no amount of explanation on your part can change what they've decided about you, so they dig in.

I'll admit, I've done it.
Yes, to me, which is what started this argument.

Look, maybe you didn't mean it the way it came off to me, and if so, I apologize, but I didn't come to a conclusion that was out of left field. Intentional or not, the conclusion I drew from your comment was there.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back