Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand the love for Poe or, more specifically, Oscar Isaac. I didn't hate him by any means, but up until the final battle, the character didn't have jack to do and the role was so overacted, for the most part, I felt like I was watching an episode of Lassie whenever he talked. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. They need to give him more to do, and tone Isaac down, in the future if they're going to change my mind.

Fortunately for us, I believe their goals are set far higher than simply changing one person's mind.

I am glad about the new release date. I think all new Star Wars movies should have a Christmas release every year.

It will have less competition during December, away from the summer crowd of movies. Breaking all box office records of that year towards the end.

Will ‘The Force Awakens’ Success Convince Disney to Release Future ‘Star Wars’ Movies in December? | Collider
This article from early January made some good points about having December release date for Star Wars.

I know there is speculation of script issues; but, I do wonder if the December release date is looking more attractive as far as raking in box office money... obviously, TFA has shown them they can make bank in December.

We will eventually change Christmas to Star Wars, I know which one I was looking forward to the most !!!

Merry Star Wars and a very happy new Anthology to you and the family

I guess the all merchandise sales this yuletide were impressive, most impressive!!!!
Plus, like I mentioned before ILM have a huge amount of work on at the moment, and between all them and Rogue One it would have been a tough deadline to make!

Probably not any more!!!

Having checked up on the Avatar saga, its likely they may be delayed again, with extra rewriting being carried out by Jim Cameron to fine tune all of them (as of Dec 2015)

Last edited:

Fortunately for us, I believe their goals are set far higher than simply changing one person's mind.

Sometimes I hate message boards. If you don't express your opinions in exactly the right way, someone always finds a way to turn it into something it's not. I didn't say they had a responsibility to please me specifically, all others be d***ed, as if I think I have that power and that right. I didn't say you have to agree with me or your wrong, like some people. I simply said that if they don't give Poe more to do etc., my opinion about the character won't change, that's it. No need to pounce on me for it.

Last edited:

Actually I've just checked. The simplest explanation is that "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2" is due out MAY 2017!! No point in competing with yourself is there?

heh... are the rumors really true its being pushed back because of script issues? haven't they already filmed allot of stuff? ... i hope ep8 isn't "botched"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back