Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

What I find interesting is the comment that the rewrite is to allow the story to focus more on Rey and Finn and less on the newer ancillary characters. I wonder if the overwhelming positive reaction to those two by audiences is driving those alterations.

That would be my bet. And a good move.

Ben

What I find interesting is the comment that the rewrite is to allow the story to focus more on Rey and Finn and less on the newer ancillary characters. I wonder if the overwhelming positive reaction to those two by audiences is driving those alterations.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the characters we were given with Rey and Finn (to a slightly less extent than Rey), but I hope they give some decent screen time to Poe and Luke. More specifically, I hope Poe is made to be more of a central role. He was probably my favorite good-guy character... more so than Finn. He should make a really great replacement for a missing Han Solo.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the characters we were given with Rey and Finn (to a slightly less extent than Rey), but I hope they give some decent screen time to Poe and Luke. More specifically, I hope Poe is made to be more of a central role. He was probably my favorite good-guy character... more so than Finn. He should make a really great replacement for a missing Han Solo.

It was widely rumored Poe's role in TFA was diminished somewhat to allow for more Han Solo, so I don't doubt that he will be given more to do in the next two films and he is solidly in our new Big Three hero characters.

I'm hoping that is the case, and not just focusing on Finn and Rey. I think Poe's character has an element that Finn and Rey don't cover. The 3 of them together should make for some interesting dialogue and fun adventures.

I agree! The new trio are very interesting so far, and--though I didn't expect that I'd bond so well with new characters so quickly--I am powerfully excited to see what comes next for them.

Well we had three before with Han,Luke,and Leia so now it's Finn,Rey,and Poe.....

Come to think of it everybody is going on about Rey being the new pilot of the Falcon but what if turns out to be Poe?

I might be the odd man out here, but of the 3 new good guys, I can't say I really bonded with Finn. I don't think it was necessarily his character, but there were points in his dialogue (mainly the humor) that didn't do it for me. Rey and Poe both hit home runs for me, but Finn just didn't have the same appeal. I'm hoping that changes a bit in Ep8. I hope he's able to stand alone just a bit.

I didn't mind Finn and liked that he was a bit of a spaz but I do wonder where they will be going with him in the grand scale of things. What will his arc be beyond being the AWOL stormtrooper than joins the Resistance?

i really liked finns character, i liked how he changed and grew a set and wanted to go rescue rey. i figured they were setting rey and finn up to be a couple. i really enjoyed Poe's character too, wasn't it rumored that originally poe was going to be killed early on in ep7?

i really hope to see more of the trio.. i have a feeling Finn's gonna have the back seat in ep8... thats just a gut feeling

sure would LOVE to see wedge in ep8

I didn't mind Finn and liked that he was a bit of a spaz but I do wonder where they will be going with him in the grand scale of things. What will his arc be beyond being the AWOL stormtrooper than joins the Resistance?

The new characters were probably the only things I liked in TFA. I agree about Finn though. You have to give him a break because an entire Imperial Order was out to kill him.

John boyega already said that his role is going to be alot more physical is episode 8 so I doubt if he's taking a back seat.

More physical? :)

He got his butt kicked all over the screen in TFA.

Seriously though, I hope so. I have a feeling he's going to be force sensitive. Something about how Kylo stopped and regarded him on Jakku.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I think he just stopped because he knew Finn didn't shoot. He knew his alphanumeric designation when they later were going to look it up.

I do think it's interesting that Finn will be "more active" because he was pretty active in TFA I thought.

I agree! The new trio are very interesting so far, and--though I didn't expect that I'd bond so well with new characters so quickly--I am powerfully excited to see what comes next for them.

I totally agree, I was not expecting to like the new characters just as well as the original ones but I do. That's one of the things JJ Abrams pulled off so well with this movie.

Casting and getting good performances from his actors are some of his biggest strengths and I thought it really showed. For whatever faults the movie had, the characters old and new really helped sell it to me. I look forward to seeing what's next for them.

I don't understand the love for Poe or, more specifically, Oscar Isaac. I didn't hate him by any means, but up until the final battle, the character didn't have jack to do and the role was so overacted, for the most part, I felt like I was watching an episode of Lassie whenever he talked. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. They need to give him more to do, and tone Isaac down, in the future if they're going to change my mind.

They've moved the release back to December, 2017. What's another seven months?

So strange to hear they're doing rewrites to focus more on Rey, Finn, and Poe - who else would the movie have focused on???

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back