New BMF coming

I thought I have to bump this threat with this:

I have a limited number of photo etched sheets with decals that fit 29inch Millennium Falcon by Hasbro. These sets are sold on first come, first serve basis.

cockpit13_zpsneua6gd1.jpg

Please go the the "Project runs" section for more info and ordering

Please check out the "running engine" lights set for Millennium Falcon. Each set consists of 11 Neopixel RGB super bright LEDs attached to Trinket Pro - Arduino compatible controller board. The controller gradually independently changes brightness of each LED creating a look of "in-flight" mode.

Once the power is supplied to the board, the controller goes through a "start-up" sequence turning on the LEDs one by one and then switches to "in-flight" mode that runs indefinitely, until the power is turned off.

Any power source from 6v to 12v will work. The controller also has protection from reversed polarity.

Please note, you need 2 sets for Hasbro Falcon. You might be able to use just one set for 1/72 and 1/44 versions of the ship. The LED strip can be cut to length if needed.

This is how the set looks like:

LED%20strip%2002_zps5q08ferh.jpg

The lit LED strip attached to the housing (in case of deAgostini Millennium Falcon):

engine-lights-04_zpskciojnpd.gif

Startup sequence (looks better in person):

engine-lights-03_zps7bg5odce.gif

Please note there is 2 seconds delay after the "power" botton is pressed and before that LEDs start to turn on.

Example of the lights set in Hasbro Hero conversion:

Falcon_zpsbq1sy9jy.gif

Please visit the project runs section for more info and ordering:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=273518

Attachments

• LED%20strip%2002_zps5q08ferh.jpg
    LED%20strip%2002_zps5q08ferh.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 85
  • engine-lights-04_zpskciojnpd.gif
    engine-lights-04_zpskciojnpd.gif
    956.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: There is a concern about a light gap in between the two housings for the engine LEDs, so I have updated the "Running Engine" LED strips I am offering with 1 more LED making it 12 total per strip. You can see the strip is overlapping with the edges of the housings. You can either file down the edges of the housings, or if you don't want to make any changes into the original parts of your Millennium Falcon, you can cut off with scissors one LED from each strip.

light_strip_12_leds_zps9jwccxk6.gif

light_test_12_leds_zpslw8yv7vf.gif

For more info please visit this thread

Last edited:
Is the demand still there for these BMFs? I'm downsizing at the house and thinking about letting this and the parts I bought from SirCharles go to someone who might have the time to complete it.

Is the demand still there for these BMFs? I'm downsizing at the house and thinking about letting this and the parts I bought from SirCharles go to someone who might have the time to complete it.
Try posting it for sale in the junk yard?

I got my first Hasbro Falcon in the mail just yesterday, so theres some demand atleast. I got it off ebay, but I was the only person to bid I think.

Try posting it for sale in the junk yard?

Probably will end up posting it there. Just thought I'd ask around here first. Honestly debating if I should sell it as is or take a little time to build part of it and then list it so it looks a little more attractive. In it's current state I've just got several places cut out of it for parts but nothing glued in.

I got my first Hasbro Falcon in the mail just yesterday, so theres some demand atleast. I got it off ebay, but I was the only person to bid I think.

Cool thanks, I saw they had been selling on there just hard to judge who's buying to rebuild it and who's buying it just to collect.

A buddy of mine admires my Hero Falcon everytime he visits and always raves about it (not boasting on my work, with even a simple wash it's hard not to admire that one if you're a fan), and he is a collector but doesn't build or customize at all.
We've been buddies for going on 30 years and always exchange Xmas gifts so I decided this year I would track down a Hero Falcon, paint and weather it for him.
Turns out that's easier said than done.
I was just curious if anyone thinks this could ever be re-released.
Considering how many were put on clearance I personally doubt it and that really saddens me. At one time I was hopeful we'd see other ships in the line (especially a monster Hero TIE to pursue the X-Wing not to mention snowspeeder, star destroyer, you see where I'm going here) but obviously that didn't happen.
Anyway, if anyone ever comes across one of these at a reasonable price I would certainly appreciate it if you'd let me know (assuming you don't grab it yourself, which I certainly couldn't fault you for at all).
Thanks

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back