New BMF coming

I just got the X-Wing last night.It is huge and the wings are one piece as they said before. However you don't think someone here can build a set of 4 wings and do a bit of surgery.
The fuselage on this piece is awesome and HUGE!!!!! What a starting point. Did I forget to say it is huge.I would like to hear from the X-wing experts as to how accurate the fuselage is.

Chris

If anyone get the Falcon it would be great if more detailed pics could be taken especially the underside as no pics have been released showing what's underneath. Thanks.

did anyone notice this in the walmart pre-order

The Millennium Falcon takes part in some of the most momentous events in the galaxy including the Battle of Hoth, making a last-minute escape as Imperial troopers attack the Rebel base. Take your Star Wars adventures to a whole new level with this incredibly detailed Millennium Falcon vehicle! The many features of this realistic, 2-1/2-foot-long vehicle let you re-enact the most amazing scenes from the Star Wars Rebels series — and then create brand new ones! The vehicle can detect Imperial ships with its rotating radar dish, and fend them off with the rotating cannon that lifts and lowers! Head for the stars with this awesome Millennium Falcon vehicle! Star Wars products are produced by Hasbro under license from Lucasfilm Ltd. Hasbro and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.
Star Wars Rebels Millennium Falcon Vehicle:
  • Millennium Falcon vehicle is over 2-1/2' long
  • Rotating radar dish
  • Cannon turns and lifts
  • Vehicle comes with label sheet and instructions

Sounds like 30ish inches darn close to studio scale...

Jedi Dade

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Jedi Dade - I noticed that, too. The BMF was advertised the same way back then so it could be the same size as the BMF. So the kid in the photo might not be that tiny after all :)

Initially, when I found out the S-foils could not be deployed I decided not to get this. The above video notes even more shortcomings of the toy. However the sheer size of this in the videos I have seen is making me reconsider.

I put it at roughly 1/16 to 1/17 scale. I'm not sure what on the engines or wings can be salvaged in order to make this into a toy conversion. Perhaps almost everything will have to be made from scratch considering there are probably no models that can be robbed to make the engines. IMO the engine "intakes" look a bit small. Has anyone checked this on relative proportional accuracy yet?

TazMan2000

This is not close to Studio Scale. IIRC it's only between 23in-25in in total.

did anyone notice this in the walmart pre-order

The Millennium Falcon takes part in some of the most momentous events in the galaxy including the Battle of Hoth, making a last-minute escape as Imperial troopers attack the Rebel base. Take your Star Wars adventures to a whole new level with this incredibly detailed Millennium Falcon vehicle! The many features of this realistic, 2-1/2-foot-long vehicle let you re-enact the most amazing scenes from the Star Wars Rebels series — and then create brand new ones! The vehicle can detect Imperial ships with its rotating radar dish, and fend them off with the rotating cannon that lifts and lowers! Head for the stars with this awesome Millennium Falcon vehicle! Star Wars products are produced by Hasbro under license from Lucasfilm Ltd. Hasbro and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.
Star Wars Rebels Millennium Falcon Vehicle:
  • Millennium Falcon vehicle is over 2-1/2' long
  • Rotating radar dish
  • Cannon turns and lifts
  • Vehicle comes with label sheet and instructions

Sounds like 30ish inches darn close to studio scale...

Jedi Dade

Last edited by a moderator:
The rear of the box boasts it being over 2 feet (60cm) long. I read that as being on the shorter end of 2 feet long which is closer to 25 inches in length. They are not promoting it as being over 2 and a half feet long like The Legacy Collection BMF was which comers in at 31 inches.

However, I concede I may have been wrong to say 23 inches may have made it shorter than it actually is but I don't think I'm that far off saying 25/26 inches.

I don't understand... "2 1/2'" is 30" not 23-25....

--Alex

Looks great to me! But kinda disappointed that they are using STICKERS for some of the detailing on the side mandibles. Still... it's workable!

Now that's what I call a hi res photo...

Yes it does indeed look 3D printed. lets hope when they make the master for the injection molding they don't dumb it down...

Jedi Dade

Don't think of them as stickers... Think of them as parts maps for the upgrade :)

pending how close it is to the real deal - al of the sidewalls might be removed and replaced with studio scale stuff... so sticker don't bother me 1 bit.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back