Back to the Future Markpoon 2015 Jacket Mods

What I'm not liking is that 5mm. I'm thinking more of a faster flash led like a 3mm and maybe incorporate 2 leds going vertical in the center piece one yellow and one red like how the screenused coat lights up.The size adjusting Fit sound clip goes with a fast flashing red led and jacket drying is yellow.I want the led to stop flashing when the sound comes on.Im trying to figure it all out

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

What I'm not liking is that 5mm. I'm thinking more of a faster flash led like a 3mm and maybe incorporate 2 leds going vertical in the center piece one yellow and one red like how the screenused coat lights up.The size adjusting Fit sound clip goes with a fast flashing red led and jacket drying is yellow.I want the led to stop flashing when the sound comes on.Im trying to figure it all out

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Well please post if you do. I think I've gone as far a fiddling and guess work will take me.

OK I sussed it out. Attach the positive at where the wire leaves the soundboard to the speaker. Attach the negative where the wires from the buttons attach to the sound board, second one along along or any even number, which I would assume means they're the negative ones.
View attachment 340837

To confirm, this method works perfectly, thanks and attached is my one soldered up like you suggested...well kinda, I decided to attach the positive to the speaker as it was easier to solder. Just a side note if your using a 3.5v led bare in mind the voltage of the soundboard is 4.5v (1.5v coin cell batts X 3) so best use a 1/8W resistor.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405672329.744658.jpg

Last edited:
I just paid off my jacket. I won't be receiving it though. I sent it to my family in Missouri as I'm in the Marines and currently in Florida for school. I don't have much time or room to work on the jacket so I sent it home for safe keeping. I'm excited to see what everyone does with their jackets.

Great to hear Taff. I wish you luck in your research. A note on the blinking light. On the jackets that did light up, the light section of the buttons was a piece of yellow plastic. The stunt jackets were just plain red, so the buttons included in Mark's kit might have to be completely replaced.

You can see the yellow here:
http://oi55.tinypic.com/157uzc.jpg

Anyone have any luck with the yellow/amber lens for the flashing led? Still not sure what's best to do...

It does come with the cuffs and belt. You have to put them on. We are all trying to figure out the best way to do that.
I learned these parts are plastic. Are they solid, hollow (as in a Vac Formed part) or do they have a backing? I think gluing might still be the best option, but it all pends on how much surface contact you have.

They're vac formed with no backing. Not much surface area for the glue to grip onto. For display they're fine, but they feel like they'll dent if you put even a small amount of pressure on one of the raised "ribs." I'm planning on wearing it this Halloween and only on special occasions afterwards so it's primarily a display piece. I think I'm going to go with the sewing option until I can get some heavier duty replacements. Just a down and dirty job to give it the look of the completed jacket but simple to snip and remove when I eventually get a hold of a more rugged set.

I learned these parts are plastic. Are they solid, hollow (as in a Vac Formed part) or do they have a backing? I think gluing might still be the best option, but it all pends on how much surface contact you have.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back