Wonder Woman

Seen the face, heard the voice, watched the going through the motions.
No presence of Princess Diana of Themyscira for me. Just not there, I should just know it,
I should think wow there she is! But the vibe is totally off.
I don't sense wisdom, experience and strength that I should with one look.

View attachment 579990

And yet she hadnt spoken in a trailer or been seen for longer than 2/3 seconds until Feb 11th...

Her voice can be heard in other media you know for years.

She doesn't work for me, like when they cast Batfleck.. Ugh! or that Fabio Conan... WTF?
They just don't fit in my mind and nothing can say to me... hey that is the character.
Or the whole cast of JJ Trek, again nothing against the actors (except that Pegg guy) simply they are not the character to me.

And it sucks because you wait and wait, and they are cowards for introing her in a testosterone match film between
Batfleck and Steelman. The character deserved a damn stand alone dedicated film first.
The best WW film has been the DC animated movie.
You get the distinct impression they would not even be putting WW on screen if that other franchises films hadn't had been big hits.

Last edited:
Just because you hear her speak in one thing doesn't mean it will transfer over into another. Her line that we heard was delivered fine and her accent was all but non existent. If Affleck hasn't please you as Batman yet then I don't know what will and I fear you may be waiting for forever to get what you want. She is still going to be the first female superhero to make into a solo on the big screen. If you introduce her in BvS and she is badass people will say, "Hey, I want to see a film about her" and hey what do you know they have one coming out. It's business. You put her in a movie with two bigger characters and she gets exposure. Same thing they are doing with Black Panther.

Just because you hear her speak in one thing doesn't mean it will transfer over into another. Her line that we heard was delivered fine and her accent was all but non existent. If Affleck hasn't please you as Batman yet then I don't know what will and I fear you may be waiting for forever to get what you want. She is still going to be the first female superhero to make into a solo on the big screen. If you introduce her in BvS and she is badass people will say, "Hey, I want to see a film about her" and hey what do you know they have one coming out. It's business. You put her in a movie with two bigger characters and she gets exposure. Same thing they are doing with Black Panther.

It's the entire package, I"m not seeing WW at all. I can be pleased enough as I was down with Bale, but that was the only casting I've thought made sense.
I thought Man of Steel was terrible, nothing against the actor but the dark tone and un-Superman like behavior of that film is clearly carrying over to this one, so I'm not invested other than how they were finally going to bring WW in, but that's not working either so I'm pretty much three for three on this.

WW there is no reason why she needs to be put into other characters films first. She is literally a pillar of the DC trinity, recognized around the world as much as Batman or Superman.
I'm not one to cry sexism usually, but the studios clearly we're terrified of the character until now, now they think it's "safe" risk I guess, and frankly I think they were idiots because they could have done it decades ago. God knows what manipulations they will do of the character of course. I suspect they will monkey around with who she is, where she is from, powers, etc.

It's the entire package, I"m not seeing WW at all. I can be pleased enough as I was down with Bale, but that was the only casting I've thought made sense.
I thought Man of Steel was terrible, nothing against the actor but the dark tone and un-Superman like behavior of that film is clearly carrying over to this one, so I'm not invested other than how they were finally going to bring WW in, but that's not working either so I'm pretty much three for three on this.

WW there is no reason why she needs to be put into other characters films first. She is literally a pillar of the DC trinity, recognized around the world as much as Batman or Superman.
I'm not one to cry sexism usually, but the studios clearly we're terrified of the character until now, now they think it's "safe" risk I guess, and frankly I think they were idiots because they could have done it decades ago. God knows what manipulations they will do of the character of course. I suspect they will monkey around with who she is, where she is from, powers, etc.

I don't think that at all. While she may be one of the main trinity in the comics, most of the people going to see the movies are unfamiliar with the comics. There's a reason this movie is called "Dawn of Justice". It's the first on-screen appearance of what will become the Justice League. She's part of that. I don't think they're afraid of her at all, in fact, Warner Brothers is more afraid of Batman/Superman than they are of Wonder Woman. If Batman/Superman tanks, they might just cancel, or at the very least put off, Justice League and plug in a stand-alone Batman movie.

I think DC is going the team route only because of the obvious market success of other Marvel teams... I've thought that the DC characters are better off on their own and would provide some balance in the superhero genre on film. I've usually stuck to the solo stories of the comics personally. Hell I barely tolerate Robin in the comics. LOL

I think DC is going the team route only because of the obvious market success of other Marvel teams... I've thought that the DC characters are better off on their own and would provide some balance in the superhero genre on film. I've usually stuck to the solo stories of the comics personally. Hell I barely tolerate Robin in the comics. LOL

But Marvel has success no matter what they do. Team films and solo films, all are equally successful. DC just has no clue what they're doing, they're trying to copy something instead of coming up with their own plan and sticking to it.

But Marvel has success no matter what they do. Team films and solo films, all are equally successful. DC just has no clue what they're doing, they're trying to copy something instead of coming up with their own plan and sticking to it.

*holds forehead*

Usual complaint at this point, "DC should be following Marvel's proven formula" precisely because DC are doing it differently. And that is a widely held opinion in the negative bubble.

Your opinion...that they're copying Marvel's strategy?

Genuinely shaking my head in disbelief here. Disregarding personal opinion on the films themselves - it is literally fact now that they have a solid plan going forward, and will have had that plan for about 2, maybe 3 years at this point. And they're doing it differently to Marvel. Are you insinuating because it's a shared universe that they're copying? Ridiculous. They're films BASED ON COMIC FRANCHISES.

Decades ago? You'd want a Schumacher Wonder Woman? A Burton Wonder Woman? No. This couldn't have been done decades ago. How on earth you think audiences were ready for this back then...

People need to remember that the movie business is primarily a business, as mentioned by Pikerzer1337. For a franchise to work, you need to bring in an audience. Thankfully, Superhero films have found their audience. It's taken years of pulling stuff like this into the "mainstream". And it's also a totally new artistic vision, based upon the comics. What's important is that she embodies the ideals of Wonder Woman. And you can't know that until you've seen the film. If she doesnt do well for me - I'll also be mentioning it. But i'll only judge that after I've seen the film. How many times do people have to jump on a casting choice only to 180 after the film before we stop doing it? A pre-conception can only ever really damage your perception of a film. It tarnishes how you view something. I've done it myself many times. I'm trying harder to keep expectations realistic and preconceptions to a minimum. Because thats how you enjoy a film for what it is. An artform being delivered to you by someone with a vision and some dollar

I can't wait for the WW movie, really looking forward to it. I think we'll come out of BvS thinking "awesome...I'd maybe have changed this, maybe that, but overall, great stuff".

Last edited by a moderator:
*holds forehead*

Usual complaint at this point, "DC should be following Marvel's proven formula" precisely because DC are doing it differently. And that is a widely held opinion in the negative bubble.

Your opinion...that they're copying Marvel's strategy?

Genuinely shaking my head in disbelief here. Disregarding personal opinion on the films themselves - it is literally fact now that they have a solid plan going forward, and will have had that plan for about 2, maybe 3 years at this point. And they're doing it differently to Marvel. Are you insinuating because it's a shared universe that they're copying? Ridiculous. They're films BASED ON COMIC FRANCHISES.

I don't think they should be following Marvel's plan, I think they should have a plan of their own that they are going to stick with. The idea that "we have this whole thing laid out, but if this one movie doesn't make a billion dollars, we're throwing the whole thing away!" is stupid. It's an unrealistic expectation. Marvel's goal is really just to make good movies. They also are making a ton of money doing it. Warner seems to only care about the money and has no idea how to make good movies. Marvel has a plan and are sticking with it for good or ill, even if they had a bad movie (which so far, they haven't). DC... not so much. They seem willing to throw it all away if even one film doesn't meet expectations.

Lol "even if they they had a bad movie(which so far, they haven't)... Must have skipped IM 2&3, all the Hulk movies, Thor 1&2 and I might even throw Cap 1 in there.
You're basing your opinnion of of one guys report; Drew McWeeny's to be exact. He said he heard mixed things and made an ignorant statement that if BvS doesn't do well they will delay Justice League and fast track a Batman solo in its place. Anyone with half a brain can realize that a movie that has no finished script and no production done on it(like the Batman solo) would never be able to come out in time in 2017. Furthermore, Geoff Johns has stated when they are shooting and Zack posted an instagram picture with him and Jason backstage during production of Justice League. Justice League, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are happening regardless if BvS makes a dollar(exaggerating). Variety's Justin Kroll, Collider's Steven Weintraub, Forbe's Mark Hughes and Heroic Hollywood's Umberto(not to be believed) have all said they heard nothing but great things about it. All four of them are much more reputable than Drew.

Almost all of your argument's seem like they based upon only knowledge you would gain from reading only headlines. Look I can admit I'm bias because I really want these movies to be good but isn't that better than being negative about it. If you are going into the movie with a negative attitude much less during production there is little chance you will enjoy it.

One thing I sure can't wait for is when Marvel fans(I am one as well) will have to deal with reboot castings. When they reboot Iron Man and RDJ isn't Iron Man people will RIP the new Tony Stark apart just like they do anytime someone is cast as Joker or Batman or even Superman. People hold onto this nostalgia and can't acknowledge talent that is right on the screen in front of them. Respect the past, embrace the future.

And you're basing this on what?

It's been discussed to death - but Justice League et al being in trouble was never in question? It is absolutely guaranteed at this point, whether the film is mediocre or great, that BvS will crack a billion or itll be close. Justice League is due to start filming in April.

At no point has WB come out and stated that the DCEU is in trouble or having second thoughts. Not at all. That news came from an uncorroborated source from someone on "the inside". The same "inside" people that also claimed it was the best movie ever about 5/6 months ago. The same "inside" people that blah blah blah.

They arent following Marvels plan?!

Marvel's goal is to just make good movies? Are you really that naive chief?

Warner seems to only care about the money and has no idea how to make good movies.

I don't disagree they care about money. As do all film studios. The bottom line is very important. It is a business.

However - I'm fairly certain you haven't seen many good movies if you don't think Warner makes them??

Mad Max: Fury Road, All Harry Potters, Matrix Trilogy, American Sniper, Inception, The Hangover trilogy, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, the Departed, Hobbit Trilogy etc. I won't list them all. But that is a hell of a collection of films - not all of them amazing, but all of them ranging from acceptable to amazing and ones we have probably all seen. (guarantee I'll get some kick back on this particular point...)

Marvel are great, their movies are great for the most part. But people need to get their head out of the sand on these things. Thor 2 was pretty terrible. Iron Man 2 was enjoyable but definitely lacking something, Iron Man 3 got better after a few watches. Avengers 2 was entertaining but overall not the best flick. Ant Man - again, enjoyable but not up there with the best.

I enjoy them all for what they are. I don't hate on Marvel to try and justify my love of DC films or WB etc. And I'm well aware of the potential weaknesses of the DCEU. It's such a ridiculous argument to keep blindly going back to.
Pikezer1337 - well put.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol "even if they they had a bad movie(which so far, they haven't)... Must have skipped IM 2&3, all the Hulk movies, Thor 1&2 and I might even throw Cap 1 in there.

All of them were financially successful, whether you personally liked them or not. Money is all that matters to Hollywood, or any other business for that matter.

You're basing your opinnion of of one guys report; Drew McWeeny's to be exact. He said he heard mixed things and made an ignorant statement that if BvS doesn't do well they will delay Justice League and fast track a Batman solo in its place. Anyone with half a brain can realize that a movie that has no finished script and no production done on it(like the Batman solo) would never be able to come out in time in 2017. Furthermore, Geoff Johns has stated when they are shooting and Zack posted an instagram picture with him and Jason backstage during production of Justice League. Justice League, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are happening regardless if BvS makes a dollar(exaggerating). Variety's Justin Kroll, Collider's Steven Weintraub, Forbe's Mark Hughes and Heroic Hollywood's Umberto(not to be believed) have all said they heard nothing but great things about it. All four of them are much more reputable than Drew.

I'm not basing anything on anything, that's the only report we have out there right now. Right or wrong, it's what's out there. We can only wait and see what actually happens in the future.

One thing I sure can't wait for is when Marvel fans(I am one as well) will have to deal with reboot castings. When they reboot Iron Man and RDJ isn't Iron Man people will RIP the new Tony Stark apart just like they do anytime someone is cast as Joker or Batman or even Superman. People hold onto this nostalgia and can't acknowledge talent that is right on the screen in front of them. Respect the past, embrace the future.

Sure, that's why the Nolan Batman movies failed so badly at the box office...

Oh wait...

Marvel are great, their movies are great for the most part. But people need to get their head out of the sand on these things. Thor 2 was pretty terrible. Iron Man 2 was enjoyable but definitely lacking something, Iron Man 3 got better after a few watches. Avengers 2 was entertaining but overall not the best flick. Ant Man - again, enjoyable but not up there with the best.

I enjoy them all for what they are. I don't hate on Marvel to try and justify my love of DC films or WB etc. And I'm well aware of the potential weaknesses of the DCEU. It's such a ridiculous argument to keep blindly going back to.
@Pikezer1337 - well put.

All of them are extremely profitable. Like it or not, Avengers 2 is still the 6th highest grossing superhero movie in history, adjusted for inflation. You can hate it all you want, but $459k is a lot of money. Iron Man 2 is the 7th highest grossing superhero movie in history. Thor 2 still made $213k, coming in at #22. Those are huge numbers in anyone's book.

You just said that Marvel cares about good movies and WB only cares about money, but now you say money is all that Hollywood cares about which includes Marvel. You're contradicting yourself.

It's not the only report out there. If you dig enough you'll find where the other four names claim they heard different things than what Drew heard.

Batman Begins only made 370 million dollars worldwide with extremely positive reviews. After the exposure of the new Batman with the legendary performance of Heath Ledger the Dark Knight made over a billion. Also, never in that last quote did I mention anything financial. I simply said that people tore apart actors before they see their portrayal, not that it affects box office.

You get the distinct impression they would not even be putting WW on screen if that other franchises films hadn't had been big hits.

That's the only/entire reason they're doing this at all. Someone from DC said it shortly after avengers hit a billion - something to the tune of 'we have to strike while the iron is hot' if I recall correctly. They're likely trying to copy the formula as well, they're just not as patient as marvel was starting with IM and Hulk to see how it went, they going elsewhere and adding Avengers. They think they've got to shoot their wad all at once. If this tanks, you may not get your WW movie either.

That's the only/entire reason they're doing this at all. Someone from DC said it shortly after avengers hit a billion - something to the tune of 'we have to strike while the iron is hot' if I recall correctly. They're likely trying to copy the formula as well, they're just not as patient as marvel was starting with IM and Hulk to see how it went, they going elsewhere and adding Avengers. They think they've got to shoot their wad all at once. If this tanks, you may not get your WW movie either.

It's already filming. Which means it's already financed, and has been in production for several months.

Stop touting information that is absolutely false just for the sake of drama, please.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back