My REAL PARTS Obi Wan... it's done. Thank you everyone who helped!!!

scottjua

Master Member
First... thanks to everyone who helped me source the parts, trades, and letting me win the auction for the last part I needed... the booster!

Yay!

It's done, short of finding and even slightly more accurate grenade. That said, this is my second grenade, as I was lucky enough to have Chris trade me his old one with symmetrical frag cuts! The Body is in great shape aside from the natural patina and minor rusting, but I think it's perfect for the saber.

Thanks to David Yee for letting me win the auction for the booster. I had to get a kit of ANM2 Parts to get it, but it was worth it. Since then I have been DAILY looking for another for him.

Also, thanks to everyone on the balance pipe group, we all banned together to make that happen.

I'm so thankful for everyone's effort camaraderie, and love for the props. It couldn't have happened without you guys.

here's the pics:

M20140610-113424.jpg

M20140610-113431.jpg

M20140610-113441.jpg

M20140610-113451.jpg

M20140610-113501.jpg

M20140610-113516.jpg

M20140610-113526.jpg

M20140610-113544.jpg

After getting all the cosmoline off I'm left with a nicely patina'd and dinged booster
M20140610-113343.jpg

M20140610-113358.jpg

M20140610-113406.jpg

The flash hider from the ANM2. It has my old russ replica steel booster on for display.
M20140610-113609.jpg

M20140610-113616.jpg

M20140610-113627.jpg

And now I have machine gun parts to sell... lol
M20140610-114504.jpg

AH! I was watching that auction. Cool to see it went to you!

Amazing looking saber. Pics already saved to my comp.

Also, that weathering job you did on the Russ Rep... holy it's dead on. Any tips? I have a Romans steal parts on the way and I'll be weathering a Russ Booster for it.

Nice OB1 indeed ... did you check those left-over parts if there's anything that resembles another missing piece of another lightsaber perhaps? And may I ask what did you use for the cone section inside the emitter? Also did the booster came with cotter pins attached?

Chaim

Looks good, man. Congrats!

One quick thing: I'm of the belief that the insulating washer goes around the transistor, leaving them level with each other... See:

chron.jpg

Any particular reason why you arranged yours with it on top?

Thanks to David Yee for letting me win the auction for the booster. I had to get a kit of ANM2 Parts to get it, but it was worth it. Since then I have been DAILY looking for another for him.

Heh... it was my pleasure... it didn't make much sense for us to bid up the price against one another and you were the one that kick started all of this by spearheading the Balance Pipe buy so stepping aside was the least that I could do...

She's a beauty! Congrats on the journey's end!!
Hope to join you, Chris, Charlie, Roman and the rest of the gang in the elite Obi Saber club soon!! :)

Thanks guys!

NeoRutty: For the replica booster, it was black Ox to begin with, but I literally chucked it into the air and threw it down on my front steps many times, taking care to spread the damage out along the whole outer face of the fins. Then re-blued over the new dings.

Chaim: Nothing really as far as I can tell. Just machine gun innards.No magic Luke V2 lever or anything... again, best I can tell. It didn't have cotter pins, but instead had bent finishing NAILS... they were old... but they were clearly nails. The "bearing" at the base of the flash hider cone doesn't come off either... I guess what I see on other people's boosters is a separate piece???

Serenity: Good call... I never paid any attention to that. I'll have to take more of a look at that in reference photos. That would mean it would have to glue on... I wonder how well that chronicles pic was masked... or if they chopped it..???

Again I'll have to start obsessing about that now.

This clamp is the one I got from you actually. I know the little brass screws are too big, but I like it.

I don't have a D ring installed... or cotter pins for a full on chronicles version... but I'm not sure I'll do either honestly.

yeah either it was a seperate booster bearing or the flashhider part was simply cut of ... I'm not sure :unsure ... as for vintage cotter pins ... in case you change your mind I've got plenty left Made in UK ;) ... as for the Chronicles/Mechanismo pics ... all the extra screws, cotter pins, foil on clamp could have been well done after production finished ... also the foil on the sidebars that some folks use to add is simply a printing error in my opinion as a photographer ... I don't know what's going on there but halfway the sidebar you can see the dots of the printing process rather then added foil.

Chaim

Heh... it was my pleasure... it didn't make much sense for us to bid up the price against one another and you were the one that kick started all of this by spearheading the Balance Pipe buy so stepping aside was the least that I could do...

She's a beauty! Congrats on the journey's end!!
Hope to join you, Chris, Charlie, Roman and the rest of the gang in the elite Obi Saber club soon!! :)

I didn't see this post until now... I guess we were posting about the same time.

Thanks man, and yeah, I'll be looking for you. ^_^

Nice OB1 indeed ... did you check those left-over parts if there's anything that resembles another missing piece of another lightsaber perhaps? And may I ask what did you use for the cone section inside the emitter? Also did the booster came with cotter pins attached?

Chaim

i forgot got to address the cone. It's a simply props spacer with his cone. So the length is a little wrong. I need Romans spacer instead or make my own.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back