The Black Pearl Wooden Model Kit

hi guys. First of all sry my english. I like to do or built some model for example house, cars , some gift items etc. I wanted to stard black pearl ship but i cant find plan of ship dwg files.Who help me?. I need dwg files this ship. Thnx for your interesting.

hi guys. First of all sry my english. I like to do or built some model for example house, cars , some gift items etc. I wanted to stard black pearl ship but i cant find plan of ship dwg files.Who help me?. I need dwg files this ship. Thnx for your interesting.

Welcome to the forum.
I don't know if there are any dwg files available for the Pearl. Most people are working from kits. There have been both plastic and wooden model kits made.

You're not going to find DWG files for the ship unless someone has scanned the kit blueprints and posted them online. Not likely. You'll have to purchase the wooden kit or make the blueprints yourself.

Still going on this kit, got a bit of filling and sanding on the hull to do before last layer of planking, just to make sure it's symmetrical. been making sub assemblies as well. Just unsure how to glue the 0.5mm planks.

Going to be putting this on the back burner for now. Couldn't resist the DeAgostini Falcon so I have subscribed and started my build. Will still continue the Black Pearl just very slowly.

Still going on this kit, got a bit of filling and sanding on the hull to do before last layer of planking, just to make sure it's symmetrical. been making sub assemblies as well. Just unsure how to glue the 0.5mm planks.

I've used wood glue, but it's a long process and difficult to keep the planks in place while waiting on it all to dry. I then started to use contact cement. It's a much faster process but there's literally zero room for error.

What I would do is do 4 planks at a time. Mark out where the 4 planks are and lay down some contact cement. Then take those 4 planks and put them on a low-tack surface butted up against each other (as they would be on the hull) and put cement on them. Wait for the cement to dry as per the instructions and CAREFULLY attach them. If they stick and you gotta take it off, it will break so be careful.

Doing the next 4 below them, mask the previous plank so as not to get glue on it and repeat the process. As you progress you'll need to cut the planks accordingly so they fit correctly.

Here's the first one I did using Contact Cement.
29535974332_694ec1eccb.jpg

Sorry to raise this thread out of Davy Jones' locker but I'm looking at ordering the kit and stumbled across this thread! Absolutely awesome work VJ, any updates by any chance?

Bash

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back