Pacific Rim Uprising (Post-release)

What did you think of Pacific Rim Uprising?

• Total voters
Re: Pacific Rim 2

Oh will the mechs finally fight with their weapons? I got a huge sword stashed in my armor. But I rather drag a broken oil tanker around to use. We got teams of mechs...yet they all sucked balls and died in 2 seconds. I watched my 3 year nephew have better robot vs monster fight than Pacific Rim. Make it right or don't do it at all.. Just push out a good Neon Geneis and call it real.

Re: Pacific Rim: Uprising

IMG_20170207_152345.jpg

A prequel?

0_0 Sweet!

I had my money on a prequel, considering the last one effectively ended the conflict, what with the closing of the Breach and the destruction of every existing Jaeger. Plus, he was a character from the original who left me saying, "I want to know more of that story!" And Boyega's great, so I am psyched!

Boyega is playing Jake not Stacker. Now, I've only seen the first one a few times, but did anybody ever call him Jake?

Boyega is playing Jake not Stacker. Now, I've only seen the first one a few times, but did anybody ever call him Jake?
Jake is Stacker's son

I hope this movie has more land battles. My biggest issue with the first one was all the sluggish half in the ocean fights.

I don't really like the new designs, they look way too battlesuit to me, i.e. enlarged Iron Man than specialized monater fighting machine. You build a tool to accomplish a task that is superhuman, why imitate the human form so very strongly? The first suit designs did this as well, but still looked IMO overexaggerated enough to convey a feeling of mechanical monsters fighting monsters.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back