Pacific Rim Uprising (Post-release)

What did you think of Pacific Rim Uprising?

• Total voters
Re: Pacific Rim: Uprising

O hai, GlaDOS!

RIGHT??? What was that all about?

I'd much rather have the live-action Evangelion. The first movie was so bad. The fight scenes and effects were a welcome break from the horrible acting of every person in that movie. I don't expect this one to be any better, but I'll see it with my son because he seems to love horrible movies.

Hey everyone! I started a thread on my pacific rim 2 pilot costume, if you're interested go check it out! Helmet1.png

It's a good enough reason to have another movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters. That's all it needs to be.

I'm definitely seeing it on the big screen.

It's a good enough reason to have another movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters. That's all it needs to be.

I'm definitely seeing it on the big screen.

Normally I would agree and that would be enough for me. I guess my taste are changing. I just can't do that to myself again. I can't even sit through the first film anymore. I find myself quickly getting bored and turning it off.

My real problem with this, and with most sequels out there, is that a lot of movies tell complete stories and then they make sequels that aren't called for. Avatar is another movie like that. It told the whole story. There is no need for any sequels much less 4 of them. Pacific Rim was never planned to be a franchise and it doesn't need to be. Now it might be good and it might be bad, but one thing it won't ever be is necessary.

Is it now a requirement that if a black actor is the lead in a movie the trailer has to have some form of rap?
This movie looks bad enough without throwing Tupac into the mix.
Refresh my memory... did the trailer for the first movie have country western music because there was a white dude in the lead?

Either way... I agree, this movie was unnecessary and it looks 10x worse than the original.
I'm disappointed that Boyega would go from Star Wars to this turd.

Is it now a requirement that if a black actor is the lead in a movie the trailer has to have some form of rap?
Refresh my memory... did the trailer for the first movie have country western music because there was a white dude in the lead?

Either way... I agree, this movie was unnecessary and it looks 10x worse than the original.

Ohh snap, this is gonna be fun to watch ;-)

It's a movie about giant robots fighting sea monsters, I like the first one but this one looks like a fun time and I like John Boyega so I'm likely to see this. At least for all the comparisons with Bayformers this has an interesting world to play in.

I'll take the original song over this BWOMMMMMMMMMM noise remix garbage every 5 seconds that every action trailer has. God I hate trailers.

Anyway, the movie. I'm glad they took those unique, interesting mech designs from the first movie and made them as generic as possible. This is another Transformers movie except with people in the giant robots.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back