Star Wars Anthology (Boba Fett Origin)

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Rumor: Boba Fett Origin)

Oh wow. I had heard rumors of this but wasn't sure how factual it was. I'm conflicted on the matter. On the one hand, I dislike Boba's presence in AOTC and TCW but on the other hand, I think it could be a slippery slope if they start retconning and rebooting things that are already established as canon (whether we like it or not). Where would it end? Admittedly, if the rumor is true that the man we see in TESB killed the clone and took his name, that technically wouldn't invalidate what has already been established prior. How would that be portrayed on screen? Would it be shown or just mentioned? Clarification would probably be needed.

If they rerelease the OT and Tem Morrison's rather stilted VO is gone and Jason Wingreen's is restored, that will be telling! Lol!

apparently Kasdan is an advocate for that story line.

Yeah, that's what I had heard too. I was thinking Pablo Hidalgo debunked that but perhaps I'm wrong.

Yeah, that's what I had heard too. I was thinking Pablo Hidalgo debunked that but perhaps I'm wrong.

I think Pablo tweeted we already know Boba's backstory as told in the CW and films and the fact that is canon. Which it is, so the only opportunity is to either tell a story from where te CW left off up to ESB or post ROTJ. It's clear that internally at LucasFilm the idea that Fett survived past ROTJ is accepted as fact.

I'd totally be put off if they totally rebooted Boba and ignored what Lucas did with the character. Like it or not that's the character. I can't see that anyone was that bent out of shape by Boba in AOTC. It wasn't that bad that at all. I bet Audie Murphy (if you don't know Google him...) was an actual little kid, who acted like a kid, at one time and he was a real bad*ss. I mean really "OMG he acted like a kid! A KID! Lucas ruined him!" C'mon people.

Luke turned out pretty B.A, look at how he was in his first scenes lol. What if the OT was watched backwards? We see the badaas Jedi Luke having a semi calm father who is conflicted, reverting to a whiny cocky kid and a totally evil stranger who wants him and his friends dead. Its not that hard to believe Boba was once a kid, I do want to know (at least a little bit) of how he became to be an awesome Bounty Hunter. Maybe accounts from others in the galaxy, like tales that we cant know which are real or made up. One guy can say "he was a preteen during the Clone Wars hellbent on killing a friggin Jedi Master, didnt know he'd become halfway decent at his job"

Another dude can say "Fett? Relentless, mysterious, well thought out, tough as hell. You do not wanna be on his bounty list, his methods of capture are insane!"

The interviewer can be Lando, having a cool narration of the stories throughout the film haha. Telling tales but still having no real hard evidence of what is real, keeping the mystery there while still giving glimpses of his past. The end of the film takes place during/after Ep VII, Lando is wrapping up his interviews, smoke streaks across the sky in the background, Lando says "Hellooo what have we here?" Fett lands in camera and says "You've heard some of the myths, you thought you witnessed the final story... Today, you find out you were wrong." Leave out the real background story, fast forward to escaping the sarlacc (save as the end scene) and skip to the "present day" where he lives on with his past behind him.

I don't get where this "awesome" or "feared" bounty hunter stuff comes from? When and where, outside of the no longer canon EU, did we ever get anything to suggest that Boba Fett was any better of a bounty hunter than say, Bossk, or IG88? Sure, he shows up more than just once in Empire, says a few lines, then shows up in Jedi but nobody ever said anything about his skill or even his rep; he just looked cool and died poorly.

I don't get where this "awesome" or "feared" bounty hunter stuff comes from? When and where, outside of the no longer canon EU, did we ever get anything to suggest that Boba Fett was any better of a bounty hunter than say, Bossk, or IG88? Sure, he shows up more than just once in Empire, says a few lines, then shows up in Jedi but nobody ever said anything about his skill or even his rep; he just looked cool and died poorly.

Well he was the one to capture Han, and he did sass Vader. That gives him a bit of tough guy cache.

The storybook and novelization (and, I think, comic book adaptation) are still canon (except for the bits here and there that contradict). They, and the ESB presskit, all call out Boba as the most feared/notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy. Granted, that can partially be attributed to melodramatic hyperbole, but it still implies he's set apart from the other hunters.

--Jonah

In ESB, he is the only hunter to actually set out immediately to get Han while the other guys chilled in the presence of the officers who "dont need their scum." Remember the clone troopers? (I understand if you don't, lots of people disregard the PT lol) He's better than those guys, since Jango wanted Boba as an exact clone and not "watered down" so to speak

In ESB, he is the only hunter to actually set out immediately to get Han while the other guys chilled in the presence of the officers who "dont need their scum." Remember the clone troopers? (I understand if you don't, lots of people disregard the PT lol) He's better than those guys, since Jango wanted Boba as an exact clone and not "watered down" so to speak

If I remember that scene correctly, Boba Fett was there with the rest of them. After that whole showing the bounty hunters scene we never see any of them, except for Fett, again so we don't know if they took off or were still hanging around. But that does remind that we do get to see that Fett is at least crafty figuring that Han would be hanging around waiting for an opportunity to sneak away.

Regardless of how we may feel as individual fans towards these characters and if their story's should remain shrouded in some sense of mystery, Disney bought these character IP's and will make efforts to monetize them. And that's pretty much it, everything else is navel gazing.

You must be new here. ;) Navel-gazing is what forumers do best!

That said, I agree that it doesn't really matter whether people do/don't like the direction the character's backstory went. The bottom line is...they're gonna use him because he'll sell tickets, just like Wolverine does.

I agree, which makes me wonder if the "origin" part of this story may not really refelect what they have planned. But it is true there are folks at LucasFilm who would like to re-boot the character by having the Boba we met in he CW and AOTC be killed off and a new person take the armor prior to ESB.

I think this basically goes back to the notion that "Boba Fett is a cool suit, and anyone could be inside it." So, yeah, you could kill off the guy we've seen, and replace him with some faceless guy. Make Fett the Dredd of the Star Wars universe and NEVER show his full face. :lol

Oh wow. I had heard rumors of this but wasn't sure how factual it was. I'm conflicted on the matter. On the one hand, I dislike Boba's presence in AOTC and TCW but on the other hand, I think it could be a slippery slope if they start retconning and rebooting things that are already established as canon (whether we like it or not). Where would it end? Admittedly, if the rumor is true that the man we see in TESB killed the clone and took his name, that technically wouldn't invalidate what has already been established prior. How would that be portrayed on screen? Would it be shown or just mentioned? Clarification would probably be needed.

If they rerelease the OT and Tem Morrison's rather stilted VO is gone and Jason Wingreen's is restored, that will be telling! Lol!

I suspect they'd show it on screen. Otherwise, it'd invite questions like "Why's his voice different?"

Luke turned out pretty B.A, look at how he was in his first scenes lol. What if the OT was watched backwards? We see the badaas Jedi Luke having a semi calm father who is conflicted, reverting to a whiny cocky kid and a totally evil stranger who wants him and his friends dead. Its not that hard to believe Boba was once a kid, I do want to know (at least a little bit) of how he became to be an awesome Bounty Hunter. Maybe accounts from others in the galaxy, like tales that we cant know which are real or made up. One guy can say "he was a preteen during the Clone Wars hellbent on killing a friggin Jedi Master, didnt know he'd become halfway decent at his job"

Another dude can say "Fett? Relentless, mysterious, well thought out, tough as hell. You do not wanna be on his bounty list, his methods of capture are insane!"

The interviewer can be Lando, having a cool narration of the stories throughout the film haha. Telling tales but still having no real hard evidence of what is real, keeping the mystery there while still giving glimpses of his past. The end of the film takes place during/after Ep VII, Lando is wrapping up his interviews, smoke streaks across the sky in the background, Lando says "Hellooo what have we here?" Fett lands in camera and says "You've heard some of the myths, you thought you witnessed the final story... Today, you find out you were wrong." Leave out the real background story, fast forward to escaping the sarlacc (save as the end scene) and skip to the "present day" where he lives on with his past behind him.

Interesting...but doubtful they'll do that.

I suspect it'll be not necessarily an origin story, but more of a development of the character, either during the interwar years, or after ROTJ.

I really wish George hadn't redubbed Boba's lines. I'm all in favor of Daniel Logan playing the 20-something Fett of the intervening years. He's taller than Tem (check), and he's practiced Boba's lines from ESB since before he got the role in AOTC -- he does a darn good Wingreen (check).

I'd love to see it as him setting off on the path... He never liked seeing his face on all the clone troopers. By whatever process, he gets good, gets the armor, puts on the helmet, and disappears behind it. "This is my face" and all that.

I think it's more than the armor. That is his "signature", if you will, but he had to acquire the reputation in the first place for it to mean anything.

--Jonah

At least they can bring Vader back too [emoji14]

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really wish George hadn't redubbed Boba's lines. I'm all in favor of Daniel Logan playing the 20-something Fett of the intervening years. He's taller than Tem (check), and he's practiced Boba's lines from ESB since before he got the role in AOTC -- he does a darn good Wingreen (check).

I'd love to see it as him setting off on the path... He never liked seeing his face on all the clone troopers. By whatever process, he gets good, gets the armor, puts on the helmet, and disappears behind it. "This is my face" and all that.

I think it's more than the armor. That is his "signature", if you will, but he had to acquire the reputation in the first place for it to mean anything.

--Jonah

I think the world of Daniel and he is super with the fans, but no. He is completely lacking any sense of gravitas needed for a role like this and there is really 0 % chance Disney will put the success of an Anthology SW film on Daniel Logan.

There's zero reason to use anyone else but Temuera Morrison. Unless he's dead when they start filming.

Yeah I'm not really into Temuera. Get someone new and better.

Ben

Me either but it shouldn't matter that much, regardless, because the helmet shouldn't come off as far as I'm concerned. Boba Fett isn't a particularly physically imposing man. I think I read Jeremy Bulloch was something like 5'10", 160lbs when he played Fett so as long as they found someone with that general body type we'd be fine. Temuera Morrison doesn't match Boba's OT physicality at all really. In that regard, I think Daniel Logan would actually be better suited as long as he stayed helmeted so we couldn't see that he didn't have Jango's face. Just have someone dub the lines, if need be.

I could easily see it being neither of them and, as long as the helmet stays on the whole time, you could have anyone in there, and someone else providing the dubbing.

Jeremy was 6'1" at the time he filmed ESB and ROTJ. Tem was 5'7" duriing AOTC. That right there is why I don't want Tem back as Boba in this film. Six inches is a little too much to fudge.

--Jonah

This movie is either going to be awesome, or it's going to blow. I don't see any middle ground for this one.

The Fett movie I would want to see is simple. A clever bounty hunter completing a job that makes him stand out as the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy. Roll freaking credits.

No love interest, no humanizing, no setting up a complex character. Just a guy with a badass helmet and a penchant for disintegrations taking care of business.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back