Star Wars Anthology (Boba Fett Origin)

Re: Star Wars Anthology Film (Dir: Josh Trank)

Well... We do and we don't. We know where he came from and what he was up to when he was ~9-11 years old, but after that we have nothing in the canon until the Original Trilogy. We haven't yet seen how he gets the armor and becomes the most-feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

--Jonah

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, how did the young Boba we saw in the Clone Wars become the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this actually confirmed or just another rumor? A Boba Fett film could be cool but it'll depend greatly on how it's handled. I would like a quasi-spaghetti western style, personally. As for it being an origin film, maybe it just demonstrates his journey to becoming a badass bounty hunter or perhaps there will be some retconning involved (unlikely).

If the Wrap AND RFR's own sources have confirmed it, you can take that to the bank.

Fett is one of the coolest looking characters, but he's also one of the weakest. I don't need to see a film about him.

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Boba Fett Origin)

It could be cool. There's plenty of room for story post TCW to show how he became the best bounty hunter. I just hope they don't decide to redo the AOTC story with something else. I think the old Bounty Hunter game pulled off a really good story in that format so that should be able to come up with something.

Fett is one of the coolest looking characters, but he's also one of the weakest. I don't need to see a film about him.
Amen. Give us something cool... Don't waste a whole movie on Fett.

It could potentially be plenty cool but it depends on how smartly they handle it. He's practically a blank slate, so there's all sorts of adventures and escapades that could be had. There was practically nothing known about Clint Eastwood's character (Fett's inspiration) in the Man With No Name Trilogy, a reticent man with practically no backstory at all, and those were great movies. The same can apply here, Fett's corny childhood backstory in AOTC and TCW, notwithstanding. Give me something like Fistful of Dollars with a SW twist, and I'd be happy!

I want to see see something cool and relevant, and a story based upon such. As in strong character driven story! Doesn't matter what you do with Fett he comes across as weak! Especially in ROTJ.

dreading something stupid like humanizing Fett. A love interested or God forbid, the cliched loving wife and family are killed making him the cold, ruthless bounty hunter he is today. They should go the Dredd route and never remove the helmet.

^ We already got that in the EU. Kinda. Married too young and inexperienced, his superior officer raped his wife and Boba killed him, but didn't want to ruin her rep by saying why in his own defense, so accepted exile and closed himself off to all those pesky emotions.

I will say anyone can make anything either really awesome, mediocre, or really crappy. It all depends on the approach, writing, casting, directing, editing... Me, I'm going to stay optimistic. AOTC and Clone Wars gave us someone hurting from the death of the person closest to him in the universe, abuse at the hands of the people he turned to in hopes of finding a new family, resulting in the destruction of his father's ship -- the one thing he had left of Jango. Slave I got rebuilt, but we have a lot to fill in about how he acquired and refined his skills, whether he ever went to Mandalore, where he got his armor, and so on. There's a lot of potential there, IMO.

--Jonah

dreading something stupid like humanizing Fett. A love interested or God forbid, the cliched loving wife and family are killed making him the cold, ruthless bounty hunter he is today. They should go the Dredd route and never remove the helmet.

Totally agree. The helmet needs to stay on and please no love interest. That would be exactly the wrong way to handle this. I'd also rather avoid the angsty adolescent with daddy issues too, but we'll see...

Totally agree. The helmet needs to stay on and please no love interest. That would be exactly the wrong way to handle this. I'd also rather avoid the angsty adolescent with daddy issues too, but we'll see...

Yup! I don't see him having a "love" interest either. It would be a distraction for him. No need to "reveal" him either. Maybe a few very dark shots, with him in shadow, maybe a silhouette that shows he'd disfigured, but nothing showing who he is.

If the helmet does have to come off I want it to be Danny Trejo under there.

Oh come one now, the helmet comes off and reveals... Steve Buscemi!

crazy_eyes_zpszcoyhamp.jpg

Since the second standalone film is officially confirmed with a director, thought it's time for it to have its own thread. Hence I moved the announcement post from the Episode VII thread.

http://www.therpf.com/f47/star-wars-standalone-film-dir-gareth-edwards-175718/
You can continue discussion for the first standalone film by Gareth Edwards in the above thread.

Maybe the Mods can retitle this thread "2nd SW Anthology Film" now that tRank is out..

Since we waited to start this thread until this film was official... shouldn't we wait to name it after a rumor until that's made official, too?

Rumors are rumors until they're confirmed.

Since we waited to start this thread until this film was official... shouldn't we wait to name it after a rumor until that's made official, too?

Rumors are rumors until they're confirmed.

As a place holder I think it's ok to include Boba Fett in the thread title. I can't speak to the veracity of The Wrap, but the RFR guys do have for real contacts at LucasFilm and if they are willing to validate this rumor, dollars to donuts it's for real, they are very cautious about such things.

True, it's still not official, but for now it's fine to distinguish this thread as a possible Boba Fett film since it's not a Trank film anymore.

Also the character was pretty much in the running early on when the rumors began last year. And The Wrap has broken similar insider information in the past, so personally I would say it is Fett's story we will be getting.

But to maintain a middle ground, I have updated the thread title with a rumor prefix.

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Rumor: Boba Fett Origin)

'Second SW Anthology Film' works better than Boba Fett origin... are we going to have a knee jerk reaction everytime a new rumor pops?

(Yes, I understand that it's likely a Fett film. I understand that multiple sources are reporting this. But, we shouldn't be treating rumor as fact until there's something official confirming it. This isn't simply a placeholder...).

JD. Will you just come to my house and personally pee in my Cheerios?

THIS is what we know at the moment... It may change... Thread titles can be changed as THIS one has... a FEW times...

The mods are on it.

Calm your ways down a bit.

Take a deep breath.

I think the thread should be called:

"Bob A Feet. official title".

JD. Will you just come to my house and personally pee in my Cheerios?

THIS is what we know at the moment... It may change... Thread titles can be changed as THIS one has... a FEW times...

The mods are on it.

Calm your ways down a bit.

Take a deep breath.

I think the thread should be called:

"Bob A Feet. official title".
OldKen - not sure what your issue is with me or what kind of weird thing you have pee in your Cheerios - so no, I won't do this, check Craigslist. So please, take your own advise and take a deep breath maybe get some help?

I was calm, cool and collected and disagreed with this and simply stated this - not jumping up and down or ranting or raving about it. It's a simple opinion, if you don't like it - please put me on ignore.

Yes, this thread has changed titles a few times... so what's a few more dozen times when other rumors come out? At the very least, the Trank thread title was based on official, confirmed info - this is pure rumor. So yeah... I disagree with Vivek's ultimate decision, I think it's knee jerk to react to a rumor that popped up (but, at least he added "rumor" to the title) - I also thought that discussion was done with his last post and really didn't plane on continuing that discussion.

Last edited:

Whew, I needed a good laugh!

It's a juvenile saying. (A lighthearted joke that you looked way too into, but really got a good laugh out of me!!!)

Basically you mess things up.

Annoying.

Against the grain. (In this case whole grain Cheerios)

You just seem to like to argue, complain, make a fuss... (The reason I started the ep7 SPOILER thread was 100% you)

I don't have a personal problem with you.

Just calm down.

OldKen - not sure what your issue is with me or what kind of weird thing you have pee in your Cheerios - so no, I won't do this, check Craigslist. So please, you take a deep breath maybe get some help?

I was calm, cool and collected and disagreed with this and simply stated this - not jumping up and down or ranting or raving about it. It's a simple opinion, if you don't like it - please put me on ignore.

Yes, this thread has changed titles a few times... so what's a few more dozen times when other rumors come out? At the very least, the Trank thread title was based on official, confirmed info - this is pure rumor. So yeah... I disagree with Vivek's ultimate decision, I think it's knee jerk to react to a rumor that popped up (but, at least he added "rumor" to the title) - I also thought that discussion was done with his last post and really didn't plane on continuing that discussion.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back