Mic tip project

TK7903

Since completing the Comlink project, people Emailed and asked for mic tips.

So I did them.

The metal one is obviously my master and the black one is made from resin.
Aluminium mesh is added for the grill.

All sizes and dimensions were taken from my SDS lid.

These babys have come out flawless....

Metalmic.jpg

mic1.jpg

mic2.jpg

Mic3.jpg

Since completing the Comlink project, people Emailed and asked for mic tips.

So I did them.

The metal one is obviously my master and the black one is made from resin.
Aluminium mesh is added for the grill.

All sizes and dimensions were taken from my SDS lid.

These babys have come out flawless....

where can i get these?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonepigeon @ Mar 1 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]1429652[/snapback]</div>
Very nice, but it seems SDS did not use castings from real mic tips- some of the shapes and dimensions are off.
[/b]

Anyone have photos of the real deal to compare?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(exoray @ Mar 2 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1430291[/snapback]</div>
Pics of Keith's tips cast from real Hovi-Mix...[/b]

And another to better show the profile...

hovi_mix.jpg

[/b]

Note that Keith's casts apparently don't have the 4 side slots in the groove that the originals have either.
Too fragile to cast them that way - I have a cast of a real one on my comlink that I had to carefully file the slots into.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DL 44 Blaster @ Mar 3 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1430730[/snapback]</div>
How many original Hovi Mix are around in collectors hands? I've never even seen a real one.........
[/b]

A friend of mine owns castings of an ANH stormtrooper helmet that is a different source than any of the usual fan made helmets. The mic tips he has are castings from an original hovi-mix. One thing that is generally missing from fan made mic tips is the inside details tend to be missing.

Here is a pic of a casting with no mesh in place and you will see what I mean. Sorry it isn't the best pic. I have used a picture of the stunt helmet in the LFL archives as it is another good example of seeing the iinner details.

mictip.JPG

This pic from the archive is one posted by Braks if you want me to take it down just let me know.

Cheers Chris

I remember reading about the inner detail some where here.. Its awesome to finally see it :)

Thanks for the pic mate.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back