Batman 89 Keaton Costume Parts

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
I've been gathering up a bunch of pics of the screen used 89 suit to help me with the chest restoration I'm going to be starting and I came accross some of my older 89 costume pics showing what and how I designed my suit parts.

I never really was one to do these things in a common or typical way. I like the idea of being different and my 89 costume work did kind of follow in that path. Right or wrong...accurate or not, this is how I went about it a few years ago. Again, this is just a look back. I'm not selling or trading this stuff...just thought it would be fun to show some of the newer members what some of my Keaton stuff looked like and how it functioned. :)

Cowl sculpt..Kleen Klay. Dont use that clay at all any more.

89cowlsculpt.jpg

batz.jpg

The cowl and chest locked into each other and when worn together really looked the part. The cowl alone without the chest to support it 'could' fall short of fitting expectations but together so that they could lock in and hold the proper proportions did really come together nicely. The chest is unpainted...

IM001545.jpg

IM001546.jpg

IM001547.jpg

IM001540.jpg

My Flesh Urethane was a real cool material also. I got a lot of milage out of it. Some loved it...some hated it...some understood it and some didnt. I'm not about the rigid materials particularly for cowls, never was...so at the time, this was my solution. :)

IM001569.jpg

IM001570.jpg

IM001571.jpg

slightside.jpg

rotated_with_emblem.jpg

IM001565.jpg

CopyofCopyoffrontch.jpg

My full wrap around armor..ah those were the days. :) BTW, the back of my cowl was sculpted with the zigzag like patchwork detail seen in the opening sequence of the 89 film. I thought it would be cool to add it there. :)

backch.jpg

Leather boot armor made from screen used pieces. Pretty accurate replicas and sure looked the part. :)

fhjkghkjg.jpg

fhjkghkjgkkg.jpg

Same with the gloves. Exact replicas from the screen used Keaton gloves..

2005_0726xglovesbootspats0006.jpg

2005_0726xglovesbootspats0009.jpg

And same with the cape...

cape7.jpg

Fun stuff. Great times too. :)
Enjoy.

David

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back