Marvel Now Star-Lord Gun for kid [HEAVY PICs]

lordchammon

Hi again from Spain,

I'm still in my effort of building some "toys" for my kid of almost 4 years. He recently discovered The Guardians of the Galaxy and the coming movie, so I decided to build the movie "Star-Lord" helmet but after some googling I found the "Marvel Now" series and the amazing "Star-Lord" gun.

gun7.png

I fell in love with it so I changed my plan and started searching the web for images with other angles of the gun:

ref.jpg

Then I made a blueprint of the gun and a foam core of 10mm thick. The plan was to use several layers with different thickness of craft foam (2mm and 5mm) to obtain the desired shape. I must confess this is my first foam gun build so the result is not accurate but I'm happy with that. I used colored foam sheets with the final gun colors because it will be used as a toy so I think is better not do the paint job.

The progress photos: (excuse some dirty mobile photos)

IMG_5226.JPG IMG_5250.JPG IMG_5251.JPG IMG_5325.JPG IMG_5328.JPG IMG_5329.JPG

And the final result:

IMG_5416.JPG IMG_5417.JPG IMG_5418.JPG

I think the result is a bit more bulky than the comic design but thinking about it will be used as a toy by a 4 years kid, it's the best result.

What do you think about?

Thanks for your answers and excuse my poor english

Attachments

• IMG_5417.JPG
    IMG_5417.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back