My 1:1 Master Yoda

paplooo

Sr Member
Hello guys and girls ..

This is my little project i started few years ago...
same like you guys i started learning stuff around the world.. asking.. checking videos on youtube etcet
i learned .- sculpting , molding.. painting.. sewing casting in metal and more and more , when i was reproducing my Cap. jack sparrow costume...
then one day .. i decided i need to put all my skills together and make something . .
this is my first sculpt .- Ive never done this before ( dont be so hard with me lol..)

took me ages cos i was busy with my work, but after i lost my job and i was sitting at home getting a bad depression i decided.. NO way im gonna go that road !. ill step and be happy.!
so?..

im a huge star wars fan.. and i love puppets..
i thought i cant make Jabba cos i don't have the space lol
then.. my favorite master came along....
i started collecting info .- original props.. measures.. 102929282 pictures asking around.. trying to get help with the people who got involved on the original yoda..( not really helpful )
and spending hrs checking and re-checking info.
ive got too many picture so ill post here just few...
this is my FULL hand PUPPET .
CAN MOVE mouth eyes ears . i put some wires inside of the hands .- and i made right/left hands gloves as well to make him more alive..
THE only thing i couldn't do it.. was the eyelids .-( im working on a new mechanism for my V2 .)

1 (68).JPG

1 (71).JPG
1 (3).JPG
View attachment 331122

you can check more pictures here :

Yoda Puppet Photos by capcristiansparrow | Photobucket

2 (65).jpg

2 (54).jpg2 (55).jpg
2 (44).jpg

There are few things i need to change .. as i said im already working on my V2.
i made Everything .. Except sewing the clothes ( i was really busy and i asked a good friend to do it for me )
It is made of Platsil gel 10
i made the eyes in plastic, and the body is foam.

i feel proud , happy, i made something and after such a long time .. i finished...
enjoy guys.!

( ill try to rcord a video soon )
MTFBWU

Last edited:
Making something with your own hands is one of the great things in life. You're doing it. Great results so far & just getting started. Can't wait to see how this developes.

This is really amazing! You have an amazing skill - I love looking at the first picture and then the end one! The texture is also really impressive.

...Although I don't think I would want this in my room at night!

thanks!
I noticed foam latex is more like "sponge look" something you cant achieve with silicone rubber . .. so i tried to get the "imperfection" foam look when i was sculpting him...

looks so real in person... scary . ..lol

Great work! I love the intentional or unintentional mix between EP1 puppet, CGI and OT Yoda. That Yoda is actually THE yoda that I would have wanted to see in EP1 more than that ugly muppet (heck, the EP1 is even more like one of the Feebles than a muppet).

...Although I don't think I would want this in my room at night!

And now you´ve done it, you for sure made a certain lil´ Jedi master cry ...

when you started with just the sculpt was the head one big chunk of clay or did you have some thing in the middle like foil and is the one on display in post#1 a casting or the same clay sculpture like sculpey?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back