Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    May 27, 2014, 8:29 AM - Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom #1

Hi guys

This is my first ever foam build, I noticed that this foam file has the edge for gluing like paper versions

I will be using 7mm foam camping mats

Any helps or tips would be greatly appreciated
  2. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    May 30, 2014, 6:27 PM - Re: Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom #2

A quick Question guys was this supposed to over lap or meet like i have done, i think it was supposed to overlap ?

Jun 1, 2014, 5:40 AM - Re: Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom #3

How come you are using pins?

Ive never built this suit before so I can't answer your question but it's a good start.
    Jun 1, 2014, 2:04 PM - Re: Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom #4

shes using pins to hold the shape before she glues, I do it too its mad handy, also the surface facing outwards should almost always touch unless there was another surface in between that has been removed from the template. In those cases the width of the removed piece is the distance the two surfaces should be from each other!

its a good build! I'm rebuilding my Extremis IronMan now just getting through the design heavy phase!
    From
    Minneapolis/St Paul
    Jun 1, 2014, 2:22 PM - Re: Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom #5

On the original pep the toe is made to look like it overlaps the next section slightly. There were three tiers in front of the heel section (and below the ankle ring), each one does the same thing, so when I glued the sections together I glued them end-to-end but offset so it looked like a step. It's not the end of the world if you just have them butted together though (it appears you do); those boots build very narrow anyways, especially because your toes can't got all the way to the front (forked-toe), so you might have to modify them to fit so they don't look too long.
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Jun 2, 2014, 4:21 PM - Re: Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom #6

Thanks for the help guys,

laellee said: View Post
    On the original pep the toe is made to look like it overlaps the next section slightly. There were three tiers in front of the heel section (and below the ankle ring), each one does the same thing, so when I glued the sections together I glued them end-to-end but offset so it looked like a step. It's not the end of the world if you just have them butted together though (it appears you do); those boots build very narrow anyways, especially because your toes can't got all the way to the front (forked-toe), so you might have to modify them to fit so they don't look too long.
    Thought so i knew they were supposed to overlap but i have glued it now so kinda fudged it, i guess its a learning curve,

Will move onto another body part and re make the shoes at a later stage since i messed it up.