Pepper Potts Rescue Armor - foam edit JFcustom

crimsondante

Hi guys

This is my first ever foam build, I noticed that this foam file has the edge for gluing like paper versions

I will be using 7mm foam camping mats

Any helps or tips would be greatly appreciated

How come you are using pins?

Ive never built this suit before so I can't answer your question but it's a good start.

shes using pins to hold the shape before she glues, I do it too its mad handy, also the surface facing outwards should almost always touch unless there was another surface in between that has been removed from the template. In those cases the width of the removed piece is the distance the two surfaces should be from each other!

its a good build! I'm rebuilding my Extremis IronMan now just getting through the design heavy phase!

On the original pep the toe is made to look like it overlaps the next section slightly. There were three tiers in front of the heel section (and below the ankle ring), each one does the same thing, so when I glued the sections together I glued them end-to-end but offset so it looked like a step. It's not the end of the world if you just have them butted together though (it appears you do); those boots build very narrow anyways, especially because your toes can't got all the way to the front (forked-toe), so you might have to modify them to fit so they don't look too long.

Thanks for the help guys,

On the original pep the toe is made to look like it overlaps the next section slightly. There were three tiers in front of the heel section (and below the ankle ring), each one does the same thing, so when I glued the sections together I glued them end-to-end but offset so it looked like a step. It's not the end of the world if you just have them butted together though (it appears you do); those boots build very narrow anyways, especially because your toes can't got all the way to the front (forked-toe), so you might have to modify them to fit so they don't look too long.

Thought so i knew they were supposed to overlap but i have glued it now so kinda fudged it, i guess its a learning curve,

Will move onto another body part and re make the shoes at a later stage since i messed it up.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back