Star Wars Micro Machines

When they came out my mom was working at Kmart so every time new ones came in the people working in toys let her know and she'd put them in layaway so i'd randomly come home from school to a bunch of the sets now and then. Scalpers and short packing are part of why i quit with Transformers as you'd see people at walmart show up with ipads loading their carts with toys they knew were wanted online big time. I saw a 12.00 transformers go for 40.00 because of scalpers and hasbro screwing around.

I had a big box of the normal ships, not the gold ones, and I had the Darth Vader(ROTJ) lightsaber that opened up to the (ANH) trench run IIRC.

I remember playing with the ships quite frequently, especially after the 3 VHS collection came out. I may or may not have been well into my teens at the time :lol, good times.

I had a big box of the normal ships, not the gold ones, and I had the Darth Vader(ROTJ) lightsaber that opened up to the (ANH) trench run IIRC.

I remember playing with the ships quite frequently, especially after the 3 VHS collection came out. I may or may not have been well into my teens at the time :lol, good times.

Up until I came to that last paragraph in your post I thought to myself "Wow, I wouldn´t have guessed that S.b. was THAT young ..." :lol

When they came out my mom was working at Kmart so every time new ones came in the people working in toys let her know and she'd put them in layaway so i'd randomly come home from school to a bunch of the sets now and then. Scalpers and short packing are part of why i quit with Transformers as you'd see people at walmart show up with ipads loading their carts with toys they knew were wanted online big time. I saw a 12.00 transformers go for 40.00 because of scalpers and hasbro screwing around.

This kinda crap is why I hate collecting anything, especially Lego sets. Some moron always ends up trying to abuse the system, and purchases out the whole store's stock of Star Wars sets to lock in a basement to rot, for potential future investment (which doesn't exist, since there isn't any rarity or demand with falsified scarcity), meaning that genuine fans and children can't buy the sets. This happens all the time, with the Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series sets, as well as many others. 10179 Millennium Falcon goes for $7000 mint in sealed box now on eBay, and the only reason it's still around is cause people keep marking it up. You can purchase all of the parts, with a few substitutions, for less than $500, which makes it even more ridiculous.

Now back to Micro Machines. I'm not sure if they're the same as the original ones, but there's new Star Wars micro machines and playsets. I've seen them looking at figures at Target and such.

Still almost ten years younger than I am :D

Yea, I know I'm not "old" yet so I wasn't going to try and pull that one haha. I do think that there's something about nostalgia that when you think about those feelings and the year(s) it happened, and how far away they seem and that they keep growing ever farther away, it ages your soul.:darnkids

Yeah, I saw the new MicroMachines at Target when I was casually perusing the Star Wars toy section. It warms the cockles of my heart that they brought back the MM brand. I had so many of those as a kid. Star Wars, Star Trek, and plenty of regular automobiles; Army vehicles, playsets – they were great toys. Still have a few kicking around in a drawer.

-MJ

I have a few unopened boxes of these in storage. Back in college, my friends and coworkers knew I loved Star Wars and would Get it for me. This was early 90's. Star Wars collecting was coming out of the dark times then so it was a novelty to find stuff.

I have a TON of these sitting in my shed out back. A Toys r Us was going out of business and I bought alot.

Ttam Legacy

any chance you have the sets XIV and XV? been looking for these at a decent price for so long.

MM 038.jpg 51AdItvGe8L._SX300_.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back