The Strain (FX television series)

Yeah, I'll give you that. Which I'm giving the show a chance. I'm not too worried about the logistics of all New York being oblivious to vampire attacks.

And it's always disgusting watching those mouth vagingys shooting out to attach to people.

The series isn't moving forward. They introduced the swat-team, where did that awesome idea go, saving it for season 2? All we get are repeated scenes of clueless characters that act stupid. I did fast-forward through this episode, probably won't bother with the rest of the series.

Last nights episode was better.....though the whole mission to kill the master was doomed to fail from the start.
Seeing a lot of similarities between this show and Blade 2...which Del Toro directed. The vamps look a lot alike....
both have a vampire squad that hunts vampires....and the UV light weapon. Anybody noticed anymore?

I mentioned this in the "things you are tired of seeing in movies" thread, but the moment Eph told Z to stay in the pawn shop basement I knew the kid was going to leave for some reason. On the positive side, when he started swinging the knife around and stabbing the air I thought he was going to hurt or kill Nora's mom, but I was wrong about that.

The preview for the season finale next week showed the vampire squad.

Nice to see the Vampire Vampire hunters back, but overall, underwhelming. That's going to be my review for this season unless something serious changes next Sun. "Underwhelming."

I thought the season finale was good...more action...we got to learn a bit more about the Vampire Swat Team...fight with the Master was interesting....wish we could've had more of this during the season...hopefully next season will be better.

I've stuck with this show throughout the first season but the rampant stupidity of "Team Vampire Hunter" has finally done me in. I'll miss Fet, but that's about it.

Not sure I'm going to follow it next season. Took way too long to get to some interesting stuff. Team Eph-up seems to keep their planning to "get em, Ray" even with Setrakian and Vasily being a little more intelligent about it. And the thought the 12 year old kid should go fighting with Eph? Wholly irresponsible.

Struggling with this show. Hoping they use the master getting burned a bit as an excuse to change his face. Looks like a catfish...

Old dude could've snuffed him if he didn't stand there giving a monologue for 5 minutes before he (the master) crawled away!

I've waited a life time for this, yak, yak, yak, yak...
Shut the **** up and kill him already!!!!

I love the concept of this series and have read through the novels, (to me the ending is a complete let down but no other spoilers but that..)

I would personally like to see more of Quinlan and the resistance fighters. He's more interesting to me than anything else, save for the WWII flashbacks. And the Master's face made me laugh. Daw...lookit the pancake bat face. Not nearly as terrifying as the rest of the vampire brood.

And kid that plays Goodweather's son needs to be fired. Good god man...that kid can't act.

The episodes were hit/miss, but overall enjoyable enough. Agreed, the Master's makeup was really silly. The worse thing in the show.

Struggling with this show. Hoping they use the master getting burned a bit as an excuse to change his face. Looks like a catfish...

Old dude could've snuffed him if he didn't stand there giving a monologue for 5 minutes before he (the master) crawled away!

I've waited a life time for this, yak, yak, yak, yak...
Shut the **** up and kill him already!!!!
I amost put that in the "Things you are tired of seeing" thread.

New season started a couple days ago. The way the master looks makes a little more sense, but he still looks funky. I also have a bad feeling about who the replacement is going to be.

Guillermo did the prologue with the history of the Master.

I liked the premiere, but I was PISSED at the end. Setrakian not bothering to mention the other Ancients he met and the deal made, just STUPID to keep a team in the dark like that.

New season started a couple days ago. The way the master looks makes a little more sense, but he still looks funky. I also have a bad feeling about who the replacement is going to be.

I've read all the books, I know exactly who the replacement is going to be. :)

I really want that kid to be taken by his mom. What a little pain in the *ss! They really messed up recasting thie kid with the new one that has a permanent d**k attitude!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back