Did Master Replicas Improve the Denix Base Gun for the Han Solo Blasters?

Boba Debt

Master Member
I never really noticed if Master replicas did anything to improve the look of the Denix that they used as the base gun fro their Han Blasters.

So if anyone has one please answer the following questions:

Did they install wood grips?

Did they install Brass Escutcheon Cups and a brass bolt in the grips?

Did they remove the Denix Logo?

Did they do anything else to improve the Denix?

I already worked out the wood grip upgrade with real brass hardware and I’m working with my machinist to offer logo removal services as part of my current active project.

I’m kind of curious about what MR did to the Denix Mauser so if you have one please post below and if you have pictures please post them

Thanks

PS: If you did other modifications to your Denix to make it more accurate please post below, I may try to work that into my project too.

I've seen a video on Tested (it's on youtube too) where Adam Savage builds a Solo blaster and they've got a MR elite blaster, I think it's the latest and best one they do. The other guy talks about it having the denix logo and being innaccurate because of the bull barrel or something? Not sure about grips and brass bits, I think the grips are wood. Have a look, thay've got one anyway and they talk about it. Hope this helps.
Andy

I'm guessing you don't care about the Elite blaster as your projects are currently working with the Denix. I have the LE version which utilizes a Denix.

Here are the changes I noted:
-site gauge flipped
-nub under hammer removed
-brass in grips
-lanyard ring removed
-appears to be refinished or finished modified

Not changed:
-Plastic handles
-Denix logo intact

Here are some pictures:

Master Replicas Solo LE Slideshow by bonofl | Photobucket

FYI: I modified my LE using paint thinner to remove the paint pen detailing that was suppose to represent weathering on the scope mount.

If you have not seen this thread by Scottjua, I recommend it.

http://www.therpf.com/f79/another-han-solo-anh-dl-44-blaster-sound-accurate-parts-denix-210271/

He made mods to the:
-bottom of the magazine
-bolt
-area of the frame between the trigger guard and the grip
-trigger
-area of the Denix logo (besides removing)

Last edited:
The Luke and Han The Empire Strikes Back LE Blasters were not based on the Denix. From what I understand, it was a 100% new fabrication and also the trigger did not move.

I do not know this for a fact, but I am guessing on the issue of the Denix logo remaining was based on an agreement in order for MR to be allowed to utilize Denix's product.

The Luke and Han The Empire Strikes Back LE Blasters were not based on the Denix. From what I understand, it was a 100% new fabrication and also the trigger did not move.

I do not know this for a fact, but I am guessing on the issue of the Denix logo remaining was based on an agreement in order for MR to be allowed to utilize Denix's product.

I now have in my hands the Luke ESB, so ask for whatever pics You need, but I don't see any Denix logo, the handle looks like wood but I guess it's plastic, the screw on one end is brass and the top is siver metal!

Regards,

Alberto

I now have in my hands the Luke ESB, so ask for whatever pics You need, but I don't see any Denix logo, the handle looks like wood but I guess it's plastic, the screw on one end is brass and the top is siver metal!

Regards,

Alberto

Yep, no Denix logos on the The Empire Strikes Back models because they did not use Denix. From what I understand, they created a whole new body utilizing an MGC as their base design.

Well I decided I'm going to follow Scotts lead for my Denix Accurizing project.

The only step I will sip is the trigger work and maybe the trigger guard mod.

Has anybody here accurized not the Denix, but the Master Replicas ANH LE DL-44 itself in the same manner? ie, sanding out the pitting and Denix diamond, reshaping the hammer/trigger, removing the grill (In pictures, it LOOKS like a separate part, but I don't own the LE, so I can't be sure) and replacing it with a DEC accurate one, fitting it with real-sized wooden grips and filing the grip frame to match, etc. The reason being is that recently, a guy I know has the LE and is thinking of selling it, but I was wondering if this has ever been done to the Master Replicas before. (I REALLY want the Elite Edition, but people are asking asinine amounts of money for them nowadays, so I'm happy with my MGC.)

I have never seen an MR Denix based Blaster made more accurate.

I figured more MR owners would have jumped on my project but I guess they don't want to modify a licensed item.

I have never seen an MR Denix based Blaster made more accurate.

I figured more MR owners would have jumped on my project but I guess they don't want to modify a licensed item.

That was what I was thinking too, but it's kinda strange - after all, there are people here who have modified and improved the Elite Edition, so why not the Limited Edition? If I ever get the opportunity to buy a Limited or an Elite Edition, then I'll probably modify both.

I have an LE. My thought process is that if I was going to have a Denix based Mauser, why not just start from scratch with the modification offering and nice set of parts. Rather than mod a collectors item that may bring down the value even though the mods improve it.

It's sort if similar to what I just did. I have an MR Obi A New Hope Lightsaber. However Roman is offering a higher accurate and higher quality replica. So in order to fund the Roman version, I sold off my MR on eBay. It sold for over $1700.00. So now I will have a better replica and over $1000.00 to use as I please.

EEs are different because the main body is a designed off of a MGC. Since MGCs are difficult to get, upgrading a EE may be your best option in that case.

I have an LE. My thought process is that if I was going to have a Denix based Mauser, why not just start from scratch with the modification offering and nice set of parts. Rather than mod a collectors item that may bring down the value even though the mods improve it.

It's sort if similar to what I just did. I have an MR Obi A New Hope Lightsaber. However Roman is offering a higher accurate and higher quality replica. So in order to fund the Roman version, I sold off my MR on eBay. It sold for over $1700.00. So now I will have a better replica and over $1000.00 to use as I please.

EEs are different because the main body is a designed off of a MGC. Since MGCs are difficult to get, upgrading a EE may be your best option in that case.

All together true, but I already have a halfway modded MGC that will be turned into an ANH DL-44 with run 3 parts. And as for the Elite Edition, at least for the ANH variant, it was modeled off a real Mauser, not an MGC. I can't attest to the other movie variants of the DL-44, as I own very few Master Replicas of anything. And for upgrading to an ANH Elite Edition, people are asking exceedingly asinine amounts of money for them nowadays, so upgrading to one would be very difficult and unfeasible.

All together true, but I already have a halfway modded MGC that will be turned into an ANH DL-44 with run 3 parts. And as for the Elite Edition, at least for the ANH variant, it was modeled off a real Mauser, not an MGC. I can't attest to the other movie variants of the DL-44, as I own very few Master Replicas of anything. And for upgrading to an ANH Elite Edition, people are asking exceedingly asinine amounts of money for them nowadays, so upgrading to one would be very difficult and unfeasible.

Right. What I'm saying is if someone had an EE already, that person may be tempted to upgrade it as the only way to get the best possible replica. However someone with a LE might be better off selling it and buying a Denix and it parts because it would be the best choice economically.

Now, if I had an LE that was not in "like new" condition and without a case. I would be very tempted to upgrade the LE's Denix frame.

So that was yours that went for $1700. I did exactly the same thing but didn't get nearly as much. Can't really complain though. Although I was sad to pack it up, it really was a great piece.

Right. What I'm saying is if someone had an EE already, that person may be tempted to upgrade it as the only way to get the best possible replica. However someone with a LE might be better off selling it and buying a Denix and it parts because it would be the best choice economically.

Now, if I had an LE that was not in "like new" condition and without a case. I would be very tempted to upgrade the LE's Denix frame.

Exactly right. The dude I know has a loose Limited Edition, and he's currently thinking about selling it. He hasn't decided yet what to do, nor have I either-I've already got my MGC, so the Limited Edition doesn't do me much good. If it was an Elite Edition, I'd be all over it, but sadly, I'm not that lucky.

So that was yours that went for $1700. I did exactly the same thing but didn't get nearly as much. Can't really complain though. Although I was sad to pack it up, it really was a great piece.

If you are thinking: "WTF?" I'm right there with you. Not sure what was so appealing about mine. I did take a lot of shots of the original packaging and entire thing was like new. I was hoping to get $800. Even though I lost about $240 in fees, it was still a good transaction.

EEs are different because the main body is a designed off of a MGC.
I am not sure about that. I think that MR, just like MGC, strived to replicate a real Mauser but simplified many details. It is just that some details are simplified in the same way by both MR and MGC, while other details are more like the Mauser than MGC.

I am not sure about that. I think the EE is more like a middle-ground between a MGC and a real Mauser C96. My guess is that MR, just like MGC, strived to replicate a real Mauser but simplified some details. Several details are simplified in the same way by both MR and MGC, while others are more like the Mauser than MGC.

Bingo. The ANH variant was modeled off a real Mauser, while I believe that the other movie ones were based off an MGC, at least looking at the trigger and slide pin hole marks on them.

Yeah, I put mine up with a buy it now of $800 thinking maybe I would get that on a good day. People started bidding and it went over $1000. I was very surprised. Ok, I'm done derailing this thread, carry on.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back