Happy Birthday, Uncle George! GL Turns 70 Today (5/14)

Probe Droid

Master Member
Birthday wishes to George Lucas who turns 70 today. Wail and moan all you want about his changes to this and that (I don't like them either), but a world without Star Wars and Indy would be a boring place indeed.

Most people want his money, but I'd settle for his hair (where the hell does this guy get off being that old and still having a mop like that! Lucky son of a...:D).

Happy birthday, Uncle George. Hope it's a great one. Endless thanks. :cheers

P.S. Han shot first.

George, your imagination is a huge part of my childhood and has influenced the course of my life in innumerable ways. Nobody can take that away.

Thank you!

(I live in Menlo Park and have property in the Bay Area including some units in Mill Valley ... I'm local. It would be a dream to sit over coffee some day.)

Happy birthday to GL. I'll tell you that I agree not all his ideas are the best, yet I can say that yes I did indeed enjoy the prequels. It's no surprise not a lot of others will wish him a happy birthday. I even question the fact that Disney owns SW now, and They've made a few fans angry with some of the changes They've made, and GL is STILL blamed for it. Irvin Kershner was indeed the better director, yet I still respect GL all the same. Happy Birthday, George

Seventy! yikes! everybody from when I was a kid is getting old that must mean......yes,I'm getting up there too!

Hope him the best,while I don't hate everything he did I can't say I agree with all of it ether but SW is is baby so I feel he can do whatever with it,for good or bad.

Yep, like every other human being alive, he had his on days and his off days creatively, but on balance, without him and what he started NONE of this could have happened. So for those fantastic films from my youth, George I thank thee, and have a great day!

Happy birthday ol George and thanks a heap for Star Wars. I don't know where my imagination would be without it. :)

Ben

Most people want his money, but I'd settle for his hair (where the hell does this guy get off being that old and still having a mop like that! Lucky son of a...:D).

Uncle George, Jay Leno and Frank Vincent all vie for the title of Best Head of Hair for an Old Guy. :lol

It seems rather appropriate that Ep. VII would start filming merely a couple days after the big man's 70th birthday. What a legend!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back