The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: First Look: Ben Affleck In BATMAN/SUPERMAN Batsuit!

Its ok, but my dislikes are; the bat emblem is way to big and the shape is too off. The cowl isn't intimidating enough and the ears are too much like cat ears, too stubby. thought the rest of the suit is cool it brings a very classic comic look into a live action look. I still cant stand the chin that ruins the whole thing for me regardless of everything. sweet looking batmobile though!

I like this one a lot :) been waiting for a suit based on Frank Miller's books...

And I think the suit would be cast in rubber for sure. I'm probably the only one but I dig the new bat emblem a lot.

You are not the only one. I'm actually not a fan of the tiny emblems people seem to love.

I love the DKR emblem! It's big and bold to match the rest of the costume.

i already have a good idea how to make the body suit, the emblem the gauntlets and gloves and a starting place for the belt all i need to do is find a grey material wit a similar weave to the suit and a small amount of stretch this is already my favorite consume the base reminds me allot of the arkham games.
with the suit baring so much resemblance to the dark knight returns you gotta wonder what other inspiration from the comics they will use

just a quick side to side:

i feel that this really can work, what do y'all think?

new bats.png

Attachments

• new bats.png
    new bats.png
    378 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

I am very interested to see how they did the cape/cowl one piece, giving it's synder, he'll pretty sure be able to turn his head easily

I actually don't think its one piece. Looking closely at it, it seems the cowl sits on top/goes over it.

just a quick side to side:

i feel that this really can work, what do y'all think?

View attachment 325385

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure the look will work. The two times I've dressed in the MOS costume for Comikaze and WonderCon, I took pics with others dressed as various versions of Batman. The TDK version, New 52, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Origins Batman, and even an '89 Batman. It all looked cool side by side in a pic. I'm sure it will look cool in the film next to each other. We all have our favorite versions of Batman and Superman and because of that some will like it, some won't. That's cool, everyone has the right to their opinions. I'm just happy we get them in the same live action film. Never thought they would do it. The animated films are the only time we get to see them together on film. But this will be the first time in live action! Good or bad, as a comic fan I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

They look fine side by side, here's a couple fan-made posters. The larger bat symbol actually matches almost exactly in size with the MOS symbol.

10152999_10152867283474616_8287303003910629600_n.jpg

poster_erkanbahadir_by_erkanbahadir23-d7i8bdm_zpse5ebb849.jpg

high res photo
http://i.imgur.com/3hRU6px.jpg

high res with brightness added
http://i.imgur.com/FFQY1Lo.jpg
View attachment 324588

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really really digging the suit and affleck in that suit... look at the new badass batmobile... ok im officially very very excited for this

I was a little skeptical about the suit but after seeing this high res pic, i'm totally sold, thanks for uploading this.

I'm digging the Miller style emblem especially the size reminds me of how big Alex Ross did them!

I gotta say...I hope they do it in that navy blue. I'm getting tired of all the black...and it would help me out ;)

my Reevz hush cowl ;)
10363899_10202103844543627_7138156144114434407_n.jpg

10322445_10202103844823634_1500555789802862702_n.jpg

and some light PSing ;)

1625637_10203662650944098_688468064748812141_n.jpg

It's a carbon fibre look material the biggest trouble with a material is finding one with enough stretch to go around the muscles I have found some decent looking material but it has very little stretch :-/

While your blue cowl looks great, batman needs to be grey/black. never really was a fan of the blue/grey.

I have constantly been horrified by all the news regarding this movie until now. The suit looks amazing! I'm happy they went for the Miller Dark Knight-look. :thumbsup

I'm pretty sure thats a muscle suit..just like the MOS suit. And I would think the original suit is some type of Kevlar? stretched and pinched to make all the creases..then cast and molded in rubber or latex foam? Just my guess ;)...thats how I would do it for more than one consistent suit...

god, batfleck has more cuts then a butcher...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back