Wayward Pines

Some people might jump in the thread just to see if the show is good and worth their time. Even if they haven't seen early episodes. Personally, I tend not to read threads for movies or shows I'm looking forward to just in case of the slightest spoiler. But I still think it's a good idea to post warnings before or on the thread title just in case.

That's their problem, they take the risk and assume all responsibility for their actions. If someone doesn't want to know, they should avoid all threads on the subject matter.

The book sounds better. I'm still going to read it once I forget some of the show. Those kids were a huge problem unless they had the support of Pilcher's military. But still the question would go to why did Ethan sacrifice himself and why the guards didn't realize that they had to stop the incoming Abbies. And others that I mentioned. It just seemed like a pointless setup to have the son in the same situation as the Father. And yet not showing the important events that happened before that time.

I agree, the books were better. Following episode 7, the series went off the rails and it was entirely unnecessary, they could have just stuck with the books and told a better story.

bringing this back from the dead!! just saw a commercial for wayward pines on FX!!! it looks like a new series i haven't heard anything about it!?!

I thought the TV series was out last year? A mini series, right? I read the books and enjoyed them (that epilogue, damn!) but did not see how a tv show could do it justice.

Apparently this is season 2 of it. It doesn't seem to have gotten much press for earning a second season.

omg i hope so!!

the mini series i thought was a dead idea, i heard it was filmed 2 years ago and no one wanted it the series was going to be scrapped until fox bought it last minute to fill in a few weeks of air time.

i read nothing was ever going to come from it, i really loved the series but thought the finally was horrible... I'm glad to see i will have something to watch again, all i have left now is star wars: REBELS

I'm curious to see where this goes, it looks like ethan's pattern is woken back up! was her name clare?

EDIT: her name was kate

Apparently this is season 2 of it. It doesn't seem to have gotten much press for earning a second season.

It did last year when they announced it. According to M. Night Shymalan, they have a storyline worked out for 3 seasons, I think, then they're done. Really. They promise. Not sure I believe them.

I've been watching it and it's for the most part terrible. Almost shockingly terrible with what they are doing with some characters. It almost makes no sense how this show is back after what most agree wasn't the best finale. And they are continuing that with a very poor second season.

I've been watching it and it's for the most part terrible. Almost shockingly terrible with what they are doing with some characters. It almost makes no sense how this show is back after what most agree wasn't the best finale. And they are continuing that with a very poor second season.

i agree, this past couple episodes are horrible..

why kill off ben!? isn't he suppose to be the hero? where the heck is the show suppose to be going now?

i am starting to feel completely ripped off, the doctor is nothing more then a new ethan burke. why bring back these characters if they are only going to be killed off.. i feel like I'm reading a comic by mark miller.. bring a character back for a couple of lines then off them...

i try and look at it from the writers point of view.. i still dont see what the heck is going on. besides them trying to farm outside the walls... i just dont see the plot of the show right now

That's because there isn't one. If they had just done the books straight, and honestly they should have done the first book right in the first season and then done the other two in subsequent seasons, it would have been a much better series. But instead, they insisted on changing things and the things they changed simply weren't very good. Now we have characters that suck and a non-existent story and they're so afraid of just investing in the new season that they spend half of their time flashing back to characters from the first season because at least those characters are fleshed out and somewhat interesting.

I don't know why they bothered with a second season. Just about all the characters we got to know have been bumped off and replaced with poor (and stupid) substitutes and the story is a pale imitation of the first season except without a clear direction and with pointless, meandering subplots.

I don't know why they bothered with a second season. Just about all the characters we got to know have been bumped off and replaced with poor (and stupid) substitutes and the story is a pale imitation of the first season except without a clear direction and with pointless, meandering subplots.

exactly i can't make any sense of whats going on, where their direction is going.. i am hoping
ben isn't dead and that was someone else body..
i can't believe they would make that move

just watched the latest episode last night with the Dvr. the last episode I've seen is the "mating room" episodes.. pretty much gave up on the show now don't even feel like watching anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I can tell you I am done and I never even started! :lol

According to M. Night Shymalan, they have a storyline worked out for 3 seasons, I think, then they're done. Really. They promise. Not sure I believe them.

i agree, this past couple episodes are horrible..

why kill off ben!? isn't he suppose to be the hero? where the heck is the show suppose to be going now?

i am starting to feel completely ripped off, the doctor is nothing more then a new ethan burke. why bring back these characters if they are only going to be killed off.. i feel like I'm reading a comic by mark miller.. bring a character back for a couple of lines then off them...

I thought that was him, they just didn't show him for some reason. At least from the other character's reaction. I guess if they decide not to really go through with it, the audience didn't see it anyway. That's how bad the plot is now.

And yes, what they are doing to all of the characters from the first season is some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

i try and look at it from the writers point of view.. i still dont see what the heck is going on. besides them trying to farm outside the walls... i just dont see the plot of the show right now

That was something I didn't get or missed until the recent episode. I remember in the first season, they seemed to have tons of supplies. I recall a large supply warehouse type area. Remember the Sheriff was getting ice cream. Now they have to farm outside the walls because Wayward Pines ground can't grow crops?! Also, what happened to all the different people. I thought there were tons of people. It turns out they only have a little over a thousand people and seemingly only one doctor. They didn't think to freeze many doctors.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back