Wayward Pines

Like I said. I put nothing past M.N.S.

His record has been skipping for years. Dude just keeps digging for that big twist, one more time.

I don't care for anything he's done except of course, 6th Sense.

i really liked signs, but on subject. what do u think about the vampire zombie that we caught little glimpse of last thursday night?

like i told my girlfriend, "well next thursday can make or break the show, we will see what happens". i still have faith, I don't want to sound pig headed but I'm 3-0 so far for calling it. i figured ethan was there to either replace the sheriff or help him on some mission. then last thursday the realtor killing himself, and nurse pam being the call girl in the hotel.

the show is kinda predictable or i have been very lucky. thats the main reason i loved lost, no matter what i theorized it was the total opposite.

maybe you guys can help, i keep seeing a commercial during the show with a blonde guy trying to find his wife, she leaves him and goes to wayward. and it keeps showing fox.com is this a mini movie you can find online? i haven't had any luck finding it have any of you?

as always keep the theories coming, and we will see you thursday night!

I'm liking it so far but I can't help but wonder why not just tell everyone what the situation is.

If they all do need each other and rely on each other to have this town where ever it is wouldn't it make sense for who ever is in control to put all the cards on the table and just be like.. We need to be here because of "x". Wouldn't that at least unite most people to a common goal?

I'm liking it so far but I can't help but wonder why not just tell everyone what the situation is.

If they all do need each other and rely on each other to have this town where ever it is wouldn't it make sense for who ever is in control to put all the cards on the table and just be like.. We need to be here because of "x". Wouldn't that at least unite most people to a common goal?

that would make too much sense! lol

maybe you guys can help, i keep seeing a commercial during the show with a blonde guy trying to find his wife, she leaves him and goes to wayward. and it keeps showing fox.com is this a mini movie you can find online? i haven't had any luck finding it have any of you?

I think it's a promo thing. I haven't looked online, but Time Warner Cable has it on their OnDemand service.

I think it's a promo thing. I haven't looked online, but Time Warner Cable has it on their OnDemand service.

yeah i was all over fox's website, done a bunch of google searches and nothing comes up. next week when i see the commercial I'm writing what i see at the bottom of the commercial down.

what do u think about the vampire zombie that we caught little glimpse of last thursday night?

like i told my girlfriend, "well next thursday can make or break the show, we will see what happens". i still have faith, I don't want to sound pig headed but I'm 3-0 so far for calling it. i figured ethan was there to either replace the sheriff or help him on some mission. then last thursday the realtor killing himself, and nurse pam being the call girl in the hotel.

I don't know what that creature could be. An alien is the easy choice I guess. Having the FBI provide test subjects for a future society or something. Honestly the society wouldn't seem that bad. The town is nice. The "look of fear" in everyone's eyes is only because they know the sheriff was giving public executions at the slightest hint of speaking about the past or going against the rules. But many seem to like Wayward Pines.

I thought that was odd that the nurse was young when she got the realtor but old when back at Wayward Pines. That's another time mystery. But I thought when Ben disappeared, that he had the sheriff's badge for Ethan. When it didn't happen, I thought I as wrong. But next scene he's the new sheriff.

I was going to check that commercial, but decided not to. I just want to stick to the show's mysteries and not some side story.

My guess is there's some kind of time distortion field around the town. That would explain why Kate thought she was there for years and Ethan said he saw her five weeks before he got there. It would also explain why the nurse looks young when she leaves. Or maybe I have watched too many ST and Stargate shows.

guys keep the ideas coming i love reading everyones thoughts. im kinda hoping its not aliens. im kinda hoping its not vampires either. idk what im really hoping for, lol. this reminds me of the movie "the myst" god i loved that movie, the gov't did some secret experiments and opened a worm hole, having a thick mist cover and town and alien creatures enter our world threw the worm hole and rampaged the small town...

im so tempted to wiki the book but cant!! i so want to be surprised. allot of my friends find it corny but i still dont mind it, it opens allot of questions like the station ethan was at with all the cars...

my favorite part so far has been when the sheriff was hit by the bronco and told them "the truth is scarier then anything you can think of" or something by that...

cant wait for thrusday, sad thing is we are half way through the series :(

Good theories all. I've read the Trilogy, each book is successively better, which you'd think after the Twist in book 1 anything else would be anticlimactic.. They are doing an excellent job adapting it. The big reveal at the end of book 1 was one of those literary kick in the nuts, holy crap moments that makes you go back and re-read to pick up clues that were there. If they really do reveal it next episode, I'm wondering if they are just going to condense all 3 books into 10 episodes, I'd rather 3 seasons and give all 3 books the attention they deserve.

Last edited:
^ thanks for sharing that. makes me want to go get the books now!! thanks also for not leaking any info about the books. like you said tomorrow night seals it for me, if it's too crazy I'll lose interest. BUT I think I'm going to enjoy the surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if they keep the story like they have so far is love to see more then 10 episodes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good theories all. I've read the Trilogy, each book is successively better, which you'd think after the Twist in book 1 anything else would be anticlimactic.. They are doing an excellent job adapting it. The big reveal at the end of book 1 was one of those literary kick in the nuts, holy crap moments that makes you go back and re-read to pick up clues that were there. If they really do reveal it next episode, I'm wondering if they are just going to condense all 3 books into 10 episodes, I'd rather 3 seasons and give all 3 books the attention they deserve.

I don't think they have enough screen time to do more than the first book in 10 episodes, which is fine. If it's successful, they can come back and adapt the other two.

Awesome show. I was close with the future society. And when they did the first reveal of what the creatures are, I first thought that's been done before in horror movies. But when they continued the reveal I was pretty shocked. I think I know why they can't talk about the past now. I'm sure the they revealed about 50 to 75% of the town's secret. But the rest will be about how they get to the town. I am glad they revealed the secret early and it's not like a Tower Prep where the show was cancelled and we didn't get to see why the kids were there.

I think I'm going to watch the episodes again since the next new episode is in two weeks. That really sucks. I'll probably check out the books afterwards since I didn't know about them before.

I know how you feel I don't trust him either, for him to give us the twist so soon it's not like him lol. I was getting close during the show, my girl got pissed because I kept on guessing out loud " their dead?" " they are being cloned and brought back to life in the future" I really didn't see the monsters being evolved humans, I thought they were aliens. I much prefer them being evolved/devolved humans. And I love the whole world is gone thing

my big question is... It looks like there is another town being built!!! Area 23 I think it was called? Or zone 23? I have to re watch it. I feared with the reveal I wouldn't like it and end up going out like revolution, I'm glad I'm wrong. I really really like where it's heading. I also will pick up the books once the shows over

glad I have a tv series again, though it's short I've had a piece of me missing since LOST ended :(

I think I figured out the time angle and other stuff. These might be SPOILERS for those that haven't seen the show.

What we were seeing early on were flashbacks. However unlike Lost and other shows that use sound effects and stuff, Wayward Pines doesn't do it to confuse the audience. Which is strange because there were a few flashbacks I think that have a different look to them. I think in the first episode we get a few flashbacks with Ethan's family. In any case, when we see Ethan's wife Teresa looking for him, the sheriff sabotaging Teresa's car, the doctor talking to the FBI guy. All that is a flashback. There isn't any talking between time lines. It is kind of confusing but helps the mystery early on.

Now, when Beverly and others talk about time. I believe Beverly was in Wayward Pines for a year yet she thought it was the year 2000. That because they only revived her recently and since she's not supposed to talk about the past anyway no one should know she thinks it's the year 2000. Same goes for Kate who was revived for I believe 12 years. They only recently revived Ethan so it was like yesterday to him.

The technology they are using obviously prevents aging while in stasis. But I'm sure there is potential damage to the older person's mind. Which is why the no talking about the past. And preventing that talk to spread through the town like wildfire. When they revive people they try to put them in the situation they were last in. To ease them into it. I'm sure the relator guy was setup like that in a twisted way. And the nurse was young when they met. It's just that she was revived way before the relator. If you think about it, 2000 years is a big deal. If the average person today woke up 2000 years in the past who knows how the mind would handle that.

Right now the only people that know the full scope of the situation and are in charge to the extent that that we know are the doctor, nurse, and school teacher. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in and out of stasis on a rotating basis to do tests and checks during the 2000 year gap. I think the first generation are just that. The first tested children of Wayward Pines who probably won't devolve into Abbies.

Now, when Beverly and others talk about time. I believe Beverly was in Wayward Pines for a year yet she thought it was the year 2000. That because they only revived her recently and since she's not supposed to talk about the past anyway no one should know she thinks it's the year 2000. Same goes for Kate who was revived for I believe 12 years. They only recently revived Ethan so it was like yesterday to him.

More SPOILERS here from the book so anyone who doesn't want to know, don't read it.

In the book, they gave people three chances to integrate into Wayward Pines and each time people failed, they put them back into suspended animation. Part of the suspended animation process is that it caused retrograde amnesia back to the point of the traffic accident so you were never aware of being awake in Wayward Pines previously. That's why some people were older than they should have been, such as Kate, because Ethan spent more time in suspended animation than she did.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back