Definitive Arrow Season 2 Deathstroke

The Collar is an add on. I could see that in those earlier profile shots. I really don't think there is one type og orange in this new suit either. Metallic orange, fluorescent orange, semi-gloss orange, Bronze Orange... i keep having people ask me what color I used for the helmet to match other elements, I've told a couple people not to bother.

By the way, the black pièce under the mask, over the lower jaw and chin and around the neck looks like neoprene to me. Same stuff as diving suits. It is most likely custom, but I think one of those neoprene Airsoft mask could do the trick ! I'm gonna take one, it'd would make a good base to start with anyway.

Neoprene needs sewn to shape it properly, and I really hope no one makes airsoft armor out of it. I was thinking about doing the collar, but every bit I seen in both studio shots of reference it either looked Neoprene/ soft, then in some shots it looks like a thermo-formed kydex ballistic collar that gives the character a bottleneck look.

They do make Airsoft mask out of it :
ka-mask-03-l.jpg
This one doesn't have a full neck cover, but you get the idea. Would wear a balaclava under it to complete the look though

The seamlines on that would match up to. i just don't get into the airsoft thing, so excuse my ignorance. It just seems like the Neoprene wouldn't absorb impact that well.

Been focusing on the holster, it looks a lot like a Safariland SLS with Surefire to me :
View attachment 328987View attachment 328986
But maybe an older model, because most SLS dont have the three screws on the side and don't have the same shape, they look more like this :
View attachment 328988
I could only find the right model for Beretta or Sig though, so the Tisas must fit in one of these, or they modified one to fit the Tisas.

The other leg has the same safari land platform with a dual pistol mag pouch, by safariland also I believe. They have done something to the straps though, they re-arrange the way they go through the platform, going behind it instead of in front of it like in the pics, put some orange stitches on them, and wrapped some of that blue carbon fiber pattern on the platform too.

I also counted 18 Carabiners on him ( 4 for the suspenders, 8 for the side of the blue armour over the equestrian vest, 4 for the top of the same armour, 2 for the leg armour, one on each leg ) ! No way I'm buying 18 of those, they're not very expensive but that quickly adds up. Bought one of those and going to cast them in resin, they don't need to be functional anyway. Same goes for the cobra buckles, aside from the one for the belt, they others seems useless, so resin it will be. Plus those are expensive.

edit : for the europeans here, no US based shops want to ship the Petzl carabiners overseas for whatever stupid reason again, but this UK based shop does without problem : Petzl Ange S £9.00 | Carabiners | BananaFingers
the second holster pictured is right, but the second mag holster was manufactured from scratch. and the carabiners where actually serving a function, contrary to your statement, they were installed to do a quick removal for the actor/stuntman, incase of injury. also the cobra buckles where connected to the tactical bandoleer, used for easy adjustment.

It's a detail, but I think I found the buckles used in the suspenders (and possibly on the arms too) :
deathstrokebuckle.png
It's called highlander quick release buckle 38mm

I figured I'd consolidate some of the stuff we've found
Armor:
Shoulder Pads:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BDTOYC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Carabiners: Petzl Spirit Bent Gate Carabiner at REI.com or Petzl Ange S Wiregate Carabiner at REI.com
Arm Protector: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YRN07W/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Blue Carbon Armor: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Super-Strong-Carbon-Fiber-3K-Kevlar-1670-Decitex-Yarn-2-2-Twill-Mixed-Weave-Fabric/1724223979.html
Gloves: http://www.amazon.com/Oakley-Factory-Pilot-Glove-Black/dp/B000RRI3MI

That's not the right holster though, this one is the correct model, but not the correct color (OD instead of black) : New listing SAFARILAND STX TACTICAL LEG HOLSTER BERETTA RIGHT SLS 6004-736-541 GREEN - NEW!
I couldn't find it in black anywhere though, I got mine in OD and painted it black, dyed the belt strap black and made new leg straps in black since the dye weirdly didn't take on the leg straps (but the belt one did...Go figure...)
photo 1-1.JPGphoto 2-1.JPG
Before / After (and I realise now the holster itself could use another coat of black again)

That's not the right holster though, this one is the correct model, but not the correct color (OD instead of black) : New listingSAFARILAND STX TACTICAL LEG HOLSTER BERETTA RIGHT SLS 6004-736-541 GREEN - NEW!
I couldn't find it in black anywhere though, I got mine in OD and painted it black, dyed the belt strap black and made new leg straps in black since the dye weirdly didn't take on the leg straps (but the belt one did...Go figure...)
View attachment 335373View attachment 335374
Before / After (and I realise now the holster itself could use another coat of black again)

That's the one I went for. Teragon great job can't wait to see how it comes together

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

safariland yes, tactical / military sig sauer. not barreta , unless you are going with baretta for ease.

I'm sticking with the beretta because I already have one, and the tisas is just impossible for me to get indeed. But it makes sense it's a sig holster, the tisas is more blocky like a sig.

Does anyone have tips on applying carbon vinyl on complicated curves ? I tried doing the elbow piece today, it's a nightmare ! Even with the heat gun it still makes creases everywhere :(

I'm sticking with the beretta because I already have one, and the tisas is just impossible for me to get indeed. But it makes sense it's a sig holster, the tisas is more blocky like a sig.

Does anyone have tips on applying carbon vinyl on complicated curves ? I tried doing the elbow piece today, it's a nightmare ! Even with the heat gun it still makes creases everywhere :(
I was going to go with Rubber Cement or Superglue when I got to that stage.

The stuff I linked earlier goes on a lot easier. I highly recommend it.

20140617_170543.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back