Definitive Arrow Season 2 Deathstroke

that is close enough, the original is a clod steel knife..pricy

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone tracked down the knife he has on the back of his belt?

[url]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3900/14609747969_a45e5dea1b_z.jpg[/url]Unthinkable1 by stormtrooperguy, on Flickr

The closest I've found so far is this (in black):

http://www.crkt.com/Hissatsu

http://www.crkt.com/crkt/content/images_inv/b/g/90/hissatsudesertsheath.jpg

They can be had for $60 or so on eBay. I'm hoping to find something cheaper / a standalone sheath with that shape, but haven't had any luck finding a molded sheath with a curved blade like that.

that is a knock- off blade, which is close enough, unless you want to pay for an expensive cold steel knife ;p

On the left (as you look at that picture), that bright sheen of blue IS there when it's reflected on. Looks pretty close!

I'm a little concerned it won't come out rich enough blue in properly high-bulb lighting, but it has a lot of promise. I'll probably pick it up too.

Comparatively:

Varied lighting:
Direct, impressively bright lighting:

the color looks bang on to what we ended up with after treating the kevlar

This is my first post, and I hope this helps everyone. I have been working on a screen accurate deathstroke season 2 costume, and the help from this forum has been fantastic. I hope this information I have come across will be helpful to everyone.
I am nearly certain I have found the pants deathstroke is wearing. They are Ralph Lauren black label slim fit cargo pants - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...83166&f=Men&kw=coated+cargo&parentPage=search . Apparently you can only by them new in brown coating, but I found a pair on the big auction site in black. If you look at the unique pockets on the right thigh and left knee I think you will agree that these are the actual pants.
I was searching an online auction site for coated pants, and found someone selling these in a discontinued black coated version. I received them, and they are identical to the deathstroke pants. The pants were purchased at bloomingdales in california. If you check bloomingdales website they are selling black coated cargos, but a different style to these.
Those that I purchases are a base cargo of navy cotton, coated in black. They are awesome, the quality is fantastic. Good luck to everyone else on their search for a pair!!

I have seen the pants, i think you found them!

- - - Updated - - -

Wolfram Creative Helmet and all sourced parts are now in. Now to build custom calves and the chest armor, layer gorram everything with carbon fiber and I'm good to go. This thread has been sensationally helpful in assembling my (expensive) shopping list.

Eighteen carbiners is just a silly thing, by the way.

yes they are. but we were on a time constraint, and needed a way to get the actor/stunt out of the costume fast, or swap damaged parts..so, thats what we went with ;p

- - - Updated - - -

More and more I think "accurate deathstroke" is another term for madness. Look at the belt:

View attachment 385334

That looks like a 1.75" cobra buckle, with a 1.5" strap running through it. Then it looks like a 2" shooters belt with the buckles taken off. That's then attached somehow to the thinner belt? I just don't get it... I don't understand what the objective was there. Now... do I do that, or do I just wear a belt?

the objective was...look. and in some of the pics, you get when the props guy putting it on..did it wrong...sigh..

I really like what all of you have done with your takes on the outfit. sorry i couldnt be of more help...wanna keep my job and all..good work!

Does anyone have this pep file they'd be willing to share? Please PM me. Thanks!

Deathstroke Pep.jpg

I have definitely cut corners.

I'm so ashamed, Brian.

But, it's "done enough" as of last night. I am wearing it tonight to the CW local here. They want to work on doing promotions with our Arrow crew. Very exciting stuff.

Got my costume "mostly" done. Need to paint some pieces, correct the belt loop situation, add some orange Xs on sewn pieces, upgrade the shinguards to be accurate (they're just vaguely-inspired pieces thrown together at the last bit at the moment, but I have plans), add the carbon fiber pads under holster and ammo pouches, secure new leather ammo pouches that're more accurate, change out the shoulder bullets (on their way)...

20150121_165654.jpg

Rest is here:
https://www.facebook.com/HalfwitProductions/posts/1548289848781366

The hilarious thing is if I do all of those changes, only you blokes will be able to notice a single changed detail. There's an insane amount of stuff on this guy.

For the pepakura, to quote Stormtrooperguy above, "Blackkaos sells the file for cheap money... I'd say just get it from him"

That's what I was referring to with "hipster skinny jeans" a few posts ago.

My problem conceptually is that Manu is not a small guy, and his pants don't look super tight when he's armored up. The pattern and finish looks amazing on these, but I just can't figure out the fit.

I think I might try waxing my own pants:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/06/03/how-to-wax-your-own-clothing-and-gear/

That should get me much closer to the right look for very little money.

Did you ever try waxing the pants? Trying to decide if it's worth it.

After reading about how waxed clothes don't breathe well and can't really be washed, I figured it was a bad plan for something I was going to wear for long periods around other people.

- - - Updated - - -

For the pepakura, to quote Stormtrooperguy above, "Blackkaos sells the file for cheap money... I'd say just get it from him"

You know, I've gotten at least 10 pms from people asking me to send them the file since they didn't want to pay for it. It's only a few bucks... just pay the man for his efforts!

Wanted to share some pictures from the 2014 Ohio Wizard World con. Finished up my Season 2 Deathstroke costume using all of the great information posted on this thread. There are still a few non screen accurate details I would like to work on, but overall if went well for my first costume build I think. Got a chance to meet Manu Bennett - who was fantastic!!!! He is such a great guy, went out of his way to be friendly to my family. Hope you enjoy the pictures
DSC_0049.JPGme 2.jpgme.jpgDSC_0064.JPGcostume contest 2014.jpg

I am pretty sure the undersuit is some sort of BDU styled rainsuit for motorcycles or running made from a polypropylene fabric. Nothing in these Deathstroke costumes seems that expensive. And that fabric has that oily leather look to it. Like Frogtogs. The Deathstroke boots are motorcycle boots, so thinking a rainsuit for the undersuit isn't that crazy. I'm also thinking for cooler Vancouver weather, that isn't that bad, but for a cosplayer it might as well be leather walking around in a packed convention center for 3-6 hours.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back