Original ROTJ Stormtrooper Helmet

JoeR

Sr Member
I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to acquire this Return of the Jedi background studio helmet.

1001380pn2.jpg

1001384lh6.jpg

1001383xo9.jpg

The provenance is very good on the helmet and pictures of other originals were used to verify its originality.

Used in the opening Death Star scenes of ROTJ, it has been slightly refurbished. The right eye and left ear piece are replicas. It also has silicone in between the ears and the cap/back and faceplate.

All the decals, brow and neck trim are original. The plastic was buffed back to a shine, but it has naturally yellowed again since. The mic tips are original. The frown and chin areas have been touched up with the correct paint.

Excuse the poor quality of the pictures (I am a bad photographer and the camera isn't great) , I was desperate to show my fellow trooper enthusiasts. Better ones to follow.

Enjoy.

Joe

That is soo cool. Your about to have alot of troopers marching to your door to catch a glimpse of it lol.

Seriously, very nice catch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frosty @ Feb 26 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]1426795[/snapback]</div>
great score bud, hope you can still get around with your remaining limbs after buying that. :D
[/b]

Hey bud

LOL - I am having to sell all my replicas including my TE bumpy cap which was quite upsetting but a small price to pay.

Joe

dear holy wow thats cool.

awesome bro.

just awesome.

ive never been an ROTJ TK fan...even as a kid i could tell they were different ... but yeah... you own a piece of SW history.

B) :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

you just got the oldken 3 thumbs up.

(soon to be world renowned. LOL. )

seriously im green with envy...

Very, very nice Joe, youve hit the jackpot here buddy, glad you finally got one in the end, you are now one of the elite few to own orignal trooper helmets, im not jealous at all ;)

Paul

Incredible mate, I honestly don't know what else to say.

This is the "Restoration Helmet" right? , awesome.

So how are you going to display it? Are you going to build your house around it? :D

Looking forward to seeing more pics.

( BTW what's your addy again ;) )

Seriously major congrats on your acquisition.

Just fantastic :)

Brilliant score

Do you have any friends who chain smoke? Lend them the replica white earcap and get them colour matched :p

More pics please :love Also if you can share any of the background story of how you aquired it then feel free. If you can't no problems :)

Cheers Chris

Fantastic Joe. I know you have been looking for a nice replica ROTJ for a long time, you couldnt find one, so you just went and bought a real one....i like your style :D

Congrats,

Keith.

Great score... Not a fav of mine either (think it's the mouth...) but still an iconic piece of history. Thanks for those pics....now as Jez said take more. :D

Would you concider a liver in part exchange :p

nice catch man, you got any plans on how you will display it?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back