3D printed Obi-wan Lightsaber

14 part version (pleeeeading)! I got a guy lined up to print...:D

Really, the last thing I need is another project on the pile, but this one is too cool.

yeah, I didn't intend on adding support.

I had the checkbox ticked from the slice I did right before it. It cleaned up pretty well though.

Looking forward to the 14 peice version, mainly for fun. I'm thinking of scaling these down for my kids as well so the 4 peice is perfect for that. Also looking forward to the others I KNOW you are going to do :D

thank you again, super fun.

Awesome work. I've been wondering about 3d printing lightsabers and this sells me on the idea. Just need to get a 3d printer and get my files set up for the task. Thanks for the inspiration and information. And keep up the fantastic work. :D

That is such a great interpretation of the actual prop !!! Even the knurling on the knobs is visible, good modeling and painting !!!

It looks incredible! The paint job and weathering looks authentic so it's seriously adds to the "Wow" factor. :) Seriously well Done!

Would you say overall that you like your 3D printer's performance? Would you recommend it to others?

That is such a great interpretation of the actual prop !!! Even the knurling on the knobs is visible, good modeling and painting !!!

Oh you have no idea how glad I am that someone noticed. :p.. I remember specifically modelling knurling on the knob, and I was thinking... I don't think any of these details will even show up on the print much less priming + painting. etc. I went through so much trouble to get the knobs to print in that orientation and fit properly inside the clamp without glue. So yeah, thanks for noticing :p

Got any plans for other Star Wars related 3D projects?

Not right now, I have a few things going on, but non-star wars related.
Though I was toying with the idea of making a blaster that you could kinda play with more, like eject the magazine, moving charging handles to open the ejection port. But I'm not sure that makes too much sense on a blaster, than say a mass effect kinda weapon. I dunno, we'll see, I have a few projects to go to finish up before I start new ones though.

It looks incredible! The paint job and weathering looks authentic so it's seriously adds to the "Wow" factor. :) Seriously well Done!

Would you say overall that you like your 3D printer's performance? Would you recommend it to others?

Thanks! Yup, I'm quite happy with the Ultimaker. I think it's probably one of the best FDM type printers out there in terms of quality and speed imo. But it is on the higher end of the price spectrum as well. I've been running it pretty hard for over 8 months and only had a few issues. They're open source, community knowledge base is unbeatable and the software is great and actually gets better.

Vlacrow, I've become addicted to printing this thing! I'm using the parts to test different PLAs and temp settings. I also just did a 60% scaled version for my boys. too much fun, thanks again.

IMAGE_161.jpg

I just barely joined the forum and had to upload my attempt at the weathered look lightsaber. It'll be a gift for my Father in Law this Fathers Day. Not nearly as good as the original, but I'm happy with it. I'm brand new to this kind of stuff, but Im having so much fun with it, its hard to sleep at night. Next up, Captain America Shield!!
photo 3.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back