1/24 scale A wing fighter NEW PICS 3/4/07

streetjudge79

Master Member
This is the 1/24 scale kit by Robert Burns Jr. I usually don't do starships, but I'm going to attempt this one. It seems to be a fairly easy build so far with just some minor puttying of the seams. I'm still looking for a death star style base for this . If anyone can help,please let me know.
Steve
awing1.jpg

awing3.jpg

awing6.jpg

awing7.jpg

awing8.jpg

Why a Deathstar surface base? The A-wings saw very little action on the surface of the second Deathstar. But one made it into the interrior with the Falcon and Gold Leader (Wedge Antilles).

How about making a base that looks like the inner corridors they flew in? This could also be used as a wall mounted base, and have the A-Wing mounted in the side instead of the bottom.

Looking forward to see the progress on this. I love the A-wing design.

Cheers
Staermose

Very nice, I like what you've done so far. :thumbsup

I have one of these in the pile, I've cut the rear open and made a battery compartment for lighting.
I'm thinking about scratching a new cockpit for it as well.

What did you use for the red?.

I used testors model master acrylic British crimson red.. Did some light fading to it by adding a bit of white to the mix, then did some weathering with black Pastel chalk to achieve the final look.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back