Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

Nice acquisition, Art! What a nice addition to your ever growing collection!

Btw, Will we ever see your full collection? Should be overwhelming, huh? :p

This might be one of the bigger prop acquisitions, it's the full size "Lady" prop from "Thomas & the Magic Railroad".

Here's what she looked like from behind the scenes in 1999:
Lady1999.jpg

& here's what she looks like now:

LadyNow.JPG

You can find out more about her in my thread here.

Btw, Will we ever see your full collection? Should be overwhelming, huh? :p
A +1 here! Love to see some of the pieces on display. The beauty shots are amazing, but it's always great to see items in their 'natural' environment.

Collector's often talk about "grail" pieces. This one is mine: The original Predator bio-mask from 1986. It just arrived at my house this morning. For me it doesn't get better than this. I have done as much research as possible and posted it to Predatorium if you would like to know more and see more photos.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/threads/predator-original-bio-mask-history.24368/

Pedator-bio-mask-helmet-original-prop-02a.jpg

Pedator-bio-mask-helmet-original-prop-02a.jpg

Last edited:
Collector's often talk about "grail" pieces. This one is mine: The original Predator bio-mask from 1986. It just arrived at my house this morning. For me it doesn't get better than this. I have done as much research as possible and posted it to Predatorium if you would like to know more and see more photos.

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/threads/predator-original-bio-mask-history.24368/

View attachment 824601

Wow, congratulations and GREAT writeup! I'll bet some of people you dissuaded from bidding want first crack at it if you ever decide to let it go, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprises are just the best. I recently won Dolph Lundren's costume from Universal Soldier which included his "light armor vest" as seen in the early stages of the film (The Hoover dam rescue to be specific). In the auction there was a mention of a "sleeveless under vest." It wasn't pictured and I didn't know what it was, but figured it was just a shirt. My package arrived today (minus one glove :() and what do I find? Not only the light armor vest I expected, but ALSO his heavy armor vest that he wears throughout much of the film! The costume is nearly complete, but was missing a lot of the props (most of which are found parts. The photo on the left is the heavy armored vest and many of the missing props. The photo on the right is the photo from the auction with the light armored vest. Now I just have to repair the headset and we will be close to done!

Universal Soldier Dolph Lundgren Original Costume.jpg

View attachment 824601

Nice score!

Wauw!!! :O Congrats on getting this awesome piece, Art!
The original Predator bio is my absolute favorite.

I like the final design as well, but this one just had so many cool details going on.

As soon as CoolProps released their replica about 4 years ago, I knew I had to have it.
The paintjob was pretty bad, but I usually repaint most of my replicas anyway (certainly the licensed ones), so that didn’t bother me.
Back then I used my ‘The Winston Effect’ book as reference, along with some pics I found online. But wauw, your new, crisp pictures of the prop show all kinds of colors, paintsplatter and details that weren’t visible before. Especially the metallic green and purple details were a surprise. They’re actually noticable on the old bts photos, but not enough to make you think that they were that vibrant IRL. I love finding out stuff like this.

3881DEE5-5780-42D9-A4CD-C8B00C412E8B.jpeg

But that means I need to repaint my replica once more. My original paintjob was based a bit on the final predator’s look. With a metallic base, black washes and rusty weathering, painted tubes at the mouth area, and realistic blast marks. And I’ve been really pleased with the result since, but now it’s way off. :D

I’ll go for a totally accurate paintjob, so I’m extremely happy that you’ve taken so many great pictures.

There’s a detail missing on my replica though. On the left temple, there’s a smooth area, on the original prop a few greeblies are present in that spot.
Would you be able to provide a couple of pictures from different angles showing this area? I need to sculpt these. (Or find the original kit parts)
Looks like they might have broken off, or an entire piece was missing on the bio which CoolProps based their mould on.

4CFD3EC6-BF88-489F-9879-5CF376108EAD.jpeg

If you could find the time to take a picture showing the top of the bio and the chin/under side as well, that would be great. Would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Congrats again on finding your Predator grail piece.

View attachment 824601

3881DEE5-5780-42D9-A4CD-C8B00C412E8B.jpeg

4CFD3EC6-BF88-489F-9879-5CF376108EAD.jpeg

SankaraRaider, I can take those for you (there are some other slight differences as well). If you are going to repaint yours, please keep in mind that I took these photos under absolute optimal lighting conditions for the purpose of making those colors pop. They are all there, but under average lighting they don't appear quite a vibrant.

Last edited:
Great!!! Thanks!!! :D

Okay, I noticed a few myself, mainly smaller bits and details missing in the cast, not major differences.
Please let me know if there’s any greater ones I’ve missed. ;) Easier to fix stuff like that, before repainting.

Obviously the original clear lenses were changed for mesh ones (matching the City Hunter’s) when the mask was used in Predator 2.
I’d like to keep the mask as it would have looked in Predator, had it not been replaced. But I may replace the lenses with better ones.

The original mask now has some heavy damage on the left eye, with a chunk missing - and there’s a hole at the top of the mask, which wasn’t there in the behind the scenes photos from 86’. It’s kind of hard to make out from screenshots if the damage was there in Predator 2. It likely happened afterwards, due to some accident or bad handling.

Looking forward to see the pics.

@SankaraRaider, I can take those for you (there are some other slight differences as well). If you are going to repaint yours, please keep in mind that I took these photos under absolute optimal lighting conditions for the purpose of making those colors pop. They are all there, but under average lighting they don't appear quite a vibrant.

I recently picked up some Starfleet cadet uniforms from Star Trek 2009. I even wore one to Denver Comic Con last weekend! Super comfy!

View attachment 826236

Sean
Great outfit!
My lady and I have got some of the Starship Troopers Plastic/Rubber Fleet flight suits that we tried to wear at a con in london during the summer some years back-nearly killed us!We had to change back into our mobile infantry grey "duty" uniforms just so we could breath again?

Not sure it is as high up as some of the other items here but I got a complete hero costume from Now You See Me 2. It it Daniel Atlas’ (Jesse Eisenberg) costume from his London performance....

Sprung for a lot of Elysium paper props & tattoos, and among all of that, unlisted in the description and not seen in the photos of the lot, I find what appears to be (one of) the most important pens in the film (LOL).

Attachments

• fp1.jpg
    fp1.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 158
  • fp2.jpg
    fp2.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3250a.jpg
    IMG_3250a.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 165

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back