Your most recent original prop or costume acquisition

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I typically make a new thread for every new piece we get in our collection but thought it might be easier and more fun to see what others are adding to their collections, all in one thread.

So, here is our latest piece; Matt 'Axe' Axelson's (Ben Foster) stunt Mk 12 SPR from Lone Survivor. This movie had a strong impact on both Kristen and I and we immediately knew we wanted to own something from it. We both thought Ben Foster was exceptional in the movie, so to be able to own a prop that he can clearly be seen holding was fantastic! We have a number of screen matched pieces, but most of them you really have to strain to see the match. I have never owned a piece that could so easily be matched to what is seen on screen.

lone-survivor-axe-mk-12-special-purpose-rifle-2.jpg

lone-survivor-axe-mk-12-special-purpose-rifle.jpg

lone-survivor-axe-mk-12-special-purpose-rifle-3.jpg

Glad to see Rain's hat is getting a good home. Saw that it sold and figured some fizzle stick got it, but I was wrong. Congrats and I'm super jealous.

I most recently received a LaForge Season 7 PADD kit, but my most recent purchase was the ANOVOS Bespin fatigues. 'Can't wait for those to show up! Now I just need to find some boots...

Sean

I'm liking the guessing game... Anyone recognize this screen used costume? From a few years ago now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399499759.633958.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I typically make a new thread for every new piece we get in our collection but thought it might be easier and more fun to see what others are adding to their collections, all in one thread.

So, here is our latest piece; Matt 'Axe' Axelson's (Ben Foster) stunt Mk 12 SPR from Lone Survivor. This movie had a strong impact on both Kristen and I and we immediately knew we wanted to own something from it. We both thought Ben Foster was exceptional in the movie, so to be able to own a prop that he can clearly be seen holding was fantastic! We have a number of screen matched pieces, but most of them you really have to strain to see the match. I have never owned a piece that could so easily be matched to what is seen on screen.

View attachment 319125

View attachment 319124

View attachment 319126

That is so dam cool! Well done. What an incredible movie. Watched it on the plane but I'll be buying it on blue ray for sure. Those scenes where they jump/fall down the rocks are unbelievable! I too was seriously impacted by this film. Would love a piece of the production! Uber jealous. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a couple of my most recent pieces. No guesses for the first, the second picture is of two lion head brooches used on the Praetorian guard armour in Gladiator.

Audrey_zps92451df6.jpg

gladlion_zps6ba449f0.jpg

Those of you in the UK may remember a Praetorian guard costume with a pilum but missing the cape doing the rounds on eBay a while ago, well I grabbed it, found a cape thanks to a member here, sword, scabbard, scutum and it's finally complete, pictures to come once I get another mannequin and space to set it up.

Here is my latest; a rather simple, but for me, an important part. It is the hero, all-metal spanner/crowbar from Pandorum. We see Bower, Payton and Gallo using this at one time or another, but Payton is seen with it the most, so it is a nice addition to my Payton Costume.

This thin weighs in at a whopping 8lbs! I really wonder if it was ever used in the movie at all, or just the master that rubber copies were cast from. Tough to say, but either way, it is a great piece to own!

pandorum-spanner-wrench.jpg
pandorum-spanner-wrench-bower.jpg

pandorum-spanner-wrench-payton.jpg

pandorum-spanner-wrench-gallo.jpg

I hope you didn't get that Audrey 2 from Germany or ebay.

Years ago there was a supposed original screen used Audrey 2 puppet in the coffee can on ebay. The seller was from Germany I believe and auctioned the item as a film original. It was radio controlled and a very nice replica, but it was not original and screen used as he claimed.

I hope you didn't get that Audrey 2 from Germany or ebay.

Years ago there was a supposed original screen used Audrey 2 puppet in the coffee can on ebay. The seller was from Germany I believe and auctioned the item as a film original. It was radio controlled and a very nice replica, but it was not original and screen used as he claimed.

Don't worry, this came via a dealer in the US. The original part is just Audrey and the tin was added for the display.

Thanks for having my back though. :)

View attachment 319125

Wow, love this piece! Saw these items being sold by PropStore but couldnt afford them. Also would be impossible to import those rubber guns into the UK.

Well done on getting that piece.

Here is my one of my latest pieces, from World War Z, Captain Spekes uniform. Speke was played by James Badge Dale.

P1050280.jpgP1050281.JPGP1050282.JPGP1050284a.JPGP1050284.JPGP1050283.JPGworld-war-z-picture09.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back